Page 1124 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 12462410241074111411221123112411251126113411741224 ... LastLast
Results 28,076 to 28,100 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

- - - - -

Mortal Kombat 11 teaser. 2 minutes and 29 seconds and somehow completely exhausting.

- - - - -

"Atlas." MMO from the guys who did "Ark: Survival Evolved." Devs claimed on stage that it'll be able to support 40,000 concurrent players.

- - - - -

"The Last Campfire." Puzzle adventure from Hello Games. Release TBA.

- - - - -

"The Pathless." From the creators of "Abzu." Looks like chick with a bow adventure and stellar art direction. PS4 / PC.

ETA: A surprising number of these announcements feature the Epic Games platform.
    Last edited by Irish; 12-07-2018 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)

Mortal Kombat 11 teaser. 2 minutes and 29 seconds and somehow completely exhausting.
    People still like these?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -

"Stranger Things 3: The Game." Looks a little ... weird? Release TBA but will be on all platforms: PS4, XBox One, Switch, and PC.

- - - - -
    So Nintendo announced Joker from "Persona 5" will be part of "Super Smash Bros Ultimate" DLC ... but nothing about "Metroid 4" or the next "Zelda." :/

Anyway, holy shit this was a terrible event. All awards shows are promotional but JFC. This one made it seem handing out the actual awards was the filler and the announcements, trailers, and straight up commercials were the main event.

What a huge waste of time. Why did I watch this. I am never doing this again, lol.

I was hoping for 3 announcements: Alien Blackout, First Metroid Prime 4 footage, and Metroid Prime trilogy for Switch.

Talk about fucking striking out.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Look at Irish picking up the mantel of game show updates while I get old and fall asleep at 9pm.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I guess I'll play it...

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

"Anthem" story trailer. EA/ Bioware. (Yuck.)
    I got invited to teh Alpha last night. Installed it and promptly fell asleep.

"The Outer Worlds." Obsidian ... the same devs behind the original "Fallout" and "New Vegas." (2019, PS4 / XBox One / PC)
    I am also interested in this. It’s like Fallout and Mass Effect and Deus Ex had a baby, Thought it still amazes me how unoriginal character design has become in video games. The characters look like Destiny, Anthem and Boderlands combined.

- - - - -

Gameplay footage from "The Outer Worlds" (along with some truly inane YouTuber commentary).

It's kinda sorta interesting? But on the whole, I agree with Duke. Everything about this game looks generic as hell'

- - - - -
    BTW, Scar, are you strictly PS4?

"Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice" is part of the XBox Game Pass this month.

Yeah, I’m exclusive to PS4, except for an occasional game of Civilization (5?) on the computer.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

- - - - -
    I've been playing "Diablo III" portable mode for the last hour. Digging the monk so far.

Rockstar wasn't kidding about RDR2's bond with the horse. I had to put mine down, probably didn't help that I gave the thing the name of my dog. That was....tough.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Friend of mine told me about how Diablo was free to DL on Blizzard's site, so then I checked, and yep, StarCraft (the original / Brood War) was also available to DL for free. So for the past week, I've become obsessed. Liked it in college, but really getting into it right now, practicing with different races, watching competitions online (those Korean players are fucking crazy, to the point their prowess is measured in APM (actions per minute)). And it's as fun a game as ever. The balance between the races has always impressed me, with the all-around Terran, the fast/weak/multitudinous Zerg, and the slow/powerful Protoss.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    I was hoping for 3 announcements: Alien Blackout, First Metroid Prime 4 footage, and Metroid Prime trilogy for Switch.

Talk about fucking striking out.
    there's like 50 new and cool and original looking videogames announced and it's a "strikeout" because all you want is a re-release of a 20 year old game and two other games in old series. smdh
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

I found it pretty lacklustre, too.

Does anyone here have an Xbox One that they play 360 games on with the backwards compatibility feature?

Just wondering if you still unlock achievements? Or does it just work like an emulator?

- - - - -
    It's a full 360 emulator. You can still unlock achievements. Any 360 achievement counts towards the XBox One leaderboards.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com...60_games_give/

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com...patible_games/

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games...es-on-xbox-one

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-...e-leaderboards

(I tried hard to rationalize buying a XBox One X and a 4K TV, but in the end I couldn't do it.)

You still unlock achievements. All the functionality is intact. The emulator replicates the Xbox 360 at a system level, almost entirely in software. It functionally turns the One into a virtual 360 console. If you want to get technical, Eurogamer has an article on how it all works: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...-actually-work

edit - oops, Irish beat me to the punch while I was reading eurogamer
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Sweet thanks for the info guys ��

I’ve dug it out and am thinking of digging out my 360 collectibles well.

It seems many of my faves are still not playable, but a good chunk of my collection works.

- - - - -
    I've been playing "Diablo III" portable mode for the last hour. Digging the monk so far.
    To catch up: I'm finding DIII highly polished and playable and ... fun, I guess? But off the mark from the original game and the sequel. Waaaay off the mark.

Years ago, I played a Diablo knockoff on the original iPad over a long weekend and I hate to say ... DIII feels a lot like it. Almost exactly. So at this point I really don't understand the folks at Blizzcon beefing about Diablo Immortal.

Also, after years of playing WoW, it's weird to see how much Blizz plagiarizes from itself. Barbarians in DIII are a straight rip from Fury Warriors in WoW. And I guess now there's Demon Hunters in WoW now, too? Ugh.

(And it's not a fair comparison, but this experience has been a HUGE step down from Breath of the Wild. Good God. But still ... fun, I guess?)