Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad (Season 5.5)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Breaking Bad (Season 5.5)

Suddenly got really excited.

For the record, I still don't buy that Walter just got out of the game that easily. Either he's lying, or we're going to require a serious explanatory flashback.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Suddenly got really excited.

For the record, I still don't buy that Walter just got out of the game that easily. Either he's lying, or we're going to require a serious explanatory flashback.
    [
    ]

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    [
    ]
    Sure, but only with his knowledge. I don't know if there's a way that Hank can actually file a case against him currently. Something's going to have to bring Walter back in the game for Hank to investigate.

And I'm not too concerned that it will be tough to avoid. The Phoenix crew and the Czechs are going to want MOAR. I kind of think it's going to come at him in all directions.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Rewatched the first few episodes of Season 5 and forgot about the cold open to episode 1 that takes place on Walt's 52nd birthday in some random state outside of New Mexico. He coughs a few times, so it appears like the cancer may be back and he also bought a rather fancy assault rifle as well.

Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    Rewatched the first few episodes of Season 5 and forgot about the cold open to episode 1 that takes place on Walt's 52nd birthday in some random state outside of New Mexico. He coughs a few times, so it appears like the cancer may be back and he also bought a rather fancy assault rifle as well.
    Yeah, that's not an 'assault rifle'. That's a full blown M60 machine gun. Full auto, belt fed goodness.

Loved the shit out of that episode. Will try to rewatch it again soon.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I also hope we find out which dipping sauce Los Hermanos goes with. The "Franch" looked delicious.

I also hope we find out which dipping sauce Los Hermanos goes with. The "Franch" looked delicious.
    Tried it. It's not.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    With this show coming back, tomorrow feels like a demented form of Christmas.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

You mean Madrigal? LPH is no more.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Exceeded all expectations.

I forgot how agonizing this show can be.

So good.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

I could feel my stomach knotting as the garage door closed. That scene was magnetic.

Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    I could feel my stomach knotting as the garage door closed. That scene was magnetic.
    Everyone went "Oooohhhhhh--" at my viewing party as it came down. That scene was bananas.

Amazing.*

*referring to Badger's Star Trek script.

Yeah, loved it. It did what Breaking Bad does best: ratcheting up tension to delivery some of the most entertaining and satisfying scenes on television - all packaged in magnificent acting, keen directorial choices, and beautiful photography.

But it wasn't perfect. They took some shortcuts in the writing and character choices that didn't feel fair given where we left last season.

[
    ]

And I know it is Jesse's M.O. but I'm a little tired of all the moping. Fantastically layered scene with him and Walt this episode, perfectly acted, but his character is feeling almost one-note in his guilt-addled state.

Great cold open as well. Very revealing and provocative. How the hell are we going to get from here to there in 7 more episodes? Anyone else suspicious that...

[
    ]

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

http://i.imgur.com/2Mlqexx.gif - spoilers, obviously.

I also find it amusing that you've misspelled "Heisenberg" there, 8.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    Yeah, loved it. It did what Breaking Bad does best: ratcheting up tension to delivery some of the most entertaining and satisfying scenes on television - all packaged in magnificent acting, keen directorial choices, and beautiful photography.

But it wasn't perfect. They took some shortcuts in the writing and character choices that didn't feel fair given where we left last season.

[
    ]

And I know it is Jesse's M.O. but I'm a little tired of all the moping. Fantastically layered scene with him and Walt this episode, perfectly acted, but his character is feeling almost one-note in his guilt-addled state.

Great cold open as well. Very revealing and provocative. How the hell are we going to get from here to there in 7 more episodes? Anyone else suspicious that...

[
    ]
    [
    ]
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Walt drove all the way from New Hampshire to New Mexico for the ricin. If it were for suicide intentions, that'd be the dumbest thing ever.

I don't think the Skyler-Walt conflict is at all over. The whole scene at the car wash was a little awkward between the two.

Jesse's character, on the other hand, makes sense to be moping over this time. In the span of 2-3 years (story time), he's killed one person in cold blood, and witnessed another being murdered for no reason, on top of everything else. He was already fragile to begin with. It's not as interesting to watch someone mope is all.

I like Walt taking on Gus' persona though.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

[
    ]
    [
    ]

Quote Quoting slqrick (view post)
    [
    ]
    Great point.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

[
    ]
    My understanding is that it was always planned as 5 seasons, and due to the money mishaps surrounding MadMen, they split the last seaons into two chunks. So, in essence, Season 5 has more episodes than it would have originally. Instead of 13 it will have 16.

Walt's about face is fine and makes perfect sense for the character. He's seen The Godfather. He knows how these things go. The business is important to him but family is just as important. So when Skylar gives him a point of entry back into her life last season, at that point he had everything else he wanted in terms of power and finance so he seized the opportunity.

There were plenty of shots of Walt looking vacant and lost last season while he was on top of the world. Gilligan laid the groundwork quite well.
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast