Page 96 of 140 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 3495

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    What do you mean?
    I googled. He's reading blogs. No one eats up DC internet hate faster than Duke.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Yeah, they're still making movies with their heroes, just not putting them in a shared universe so every movie stands on its own. Good on them, IMO.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

"We are far less focused on a shared universe" but you posted "its dead". Very different meanings.

Feels like weird timing to do that given how well Aquaman was received and with a Wonder Woman sequel on the way, but whatever.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    "We are far less focused on a shared universe" but you posted "its dead". Very different meanings.
    I mean, read between the lines. Affleck not returning. Leto not returning. No more supes. Wonder Woman completely separate. Shazam separate. Birds of Prey separate. Dceu implies a shared universe. Yeh it's dead. I said the dceu is dead. Not DC films.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I never said or implied we were talking about anything but the shared universe. Affleck, Leto, Supes...all those stories unconfirmed. We dont know what is in Shazam or WW2. None of this means they wont crossover a little further down the road. WW was in Aquaman if only a newspaper shot. That still makes it exist in same universe.

We all knew after JL the focus was going to be on solo films.
    Last edited by Skitch; 01-21-2019 at 06:57 PM.

I thought there'd be a Justice League 2, but it seems they don't have that Disney-magic.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    They're clearly keeping parts of the DCEU, from the Aquaman / Wonder Woman castings to smaller narrative links, like Wonder Woman's framing device, Aquaman's nod to Steppenwolf, and Shazam having some smaller links (a child has a Batfleck batarang on his shelf next to a book on emergent superhero society, nodding to where Snyder's BvS was sort of heading). It's clearly not what it was, but it's not gone yet. Just muted, or maybe agnostic.

They tried to do it too fast.

It was a full 4 years (and nearly a decade of planning) before there was a team up movie in the MCU.

DC just went “Step 1: Man of Steel. Step 2: cinematic universe”.

The idea that they’re dropping the CU is the most exciting thing to come from DC movies in years.

Just do stand alone stories. Don’t try to be MCU, no one can. Do your own thing and make it special.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)

It was a full 4 years (and nearly a decade of planning) before there was a team up movie in the MCU.

The idea that they’re dropping the CU is the most exciting thing to come from DC movies in years.

Just do stand alone stories. Don’t try to be MCU, no one can. Do your own thing and make it special.
    All this. Absolutely. Everyone said this stuff from the get-go too. Well here we are. Now go get it right.

No question. And I don't think they even need to drop the CU, they can just let it recede to the background for now - like you say, focus on just making some good movies. Make that the priority.

I also think the Nolan Bat trilogy was the worst thing to happen to DC movies before setting up this universe.

Don’t get me wrong, I love those movies. But DC took their success and seemed to want to mimic the style and tone for all their characters, when it was so distinctly both Batman and Nolan.

Dark and gritty Supernan just doesn’t work, nor would it work for just about any DC character except Batman.

No one wants a depressing and introspective movie about The Flash.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    https://thegww.com/report-warner-bro...ical-release/?

WARNER BROS. DEVELOPING ANIMATED ‘BATMAN BEYOND’ MOVIE FOR THEATRICAL RELEASE
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Still nothing other than rumor to suggest Affleck out.

I'm not now nor have I ever argued that hes coming back. I'm still just saying there has been nothing but rumors.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Still nothing other than rumor to suggest Affleck out.

I'm not now nor have I ever argued that hes coming back. I'm still just saying there has been nothing but rumors.
    It's pretty clear by all the reports that they are looking for a younger batman. Especially the tweet above where he's passing the torch. But it would be cool if the movie was a flashback and Affleck was reflecting on the story. Maybe he's intentionally misleading everyone?

I didnt see a clear passing of the torch at all. The site links to another site where they say "we hear".

Eh, I think that tweet works as evidence. It doesn't seem feasible for Affleck to be "excited to see" how a movie he's starring in turns out.

Plus isn't he still producing?

Ha! If James Gunn does Suicide Squad it’s going to be a full reboot.

Jesus Christ, ENOUGH.

Jesus Christ, ENOUGH.
    Bummer, I feel like Robbie/Smith/Davis did good work with what they were given and deserve a film that uses their skills. (Same way I'm bummed that Cavill may never get a real shot with a truly good Superman story.)

Jesus Christ, ENOUGH.
    I think that will depend on Birds of Prey.

So while we wait for Aquaman 2 to take shape, The Trench, an Aquaman spin-off, is in the works.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/aquaman...os-1202553105/

Page 96 of 140 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast