Page 85 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 3495

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    I wish Affleck would do Reeves' film, just so that we can have a film that at least halfway honors his potential as Batman. Certainly I don't think he was a problem in BvS or Justice League. In fact, he functions well as a burnished, depressive center in the latter. At least one DC film that would really make good on his potential would be a nice swan song.

Yeah Ben Affleck was just fine.

Snyder was / is the biggest issue in the DC movie universe, and that seems to be over now.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Snyder was / is the biggest issue in the DC movie universe, and that seems to be over now.
    I would say WB is the biggest problem, with their constant meddling and unwillingness to rely on comic book people to help with the direction of the plots at the script stage.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    So Matthew Vaughn may direct Man of Steel 2. I think I like that.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I think I'm okay with that too.

I'm not unless it's something truly weird, and I'd really rather we get the opportunity to see Henry Cavill play this character once in a way that no-frills honors both the character's hope/decency and and Cavill's charisma (which exists, goddamnit). None of the three DCEU movies have given us a good Superman. The best one, Man of Steel, mostly left him a glum reactive.

But I'm struggling to think of a contemporary filmmaker who could do that. Jenkins pulled it off with Wonder Woman. Joe Johnston did it with the first Captain America.

I mean, if Millar/Vaughn want to make a side-story Red Son adaptation, then let's talk.

Even when they win me over, I still feel like Vaughan makes fairly unsavory and crass movies and I don't picture him as really engaging with the character well.

You guys forget he did X-Men First Class which was like, the most standard plain movie ever.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I don't think I've liked a single Matthew Vaughn movie. I've liked scenes, but never whole movies. Guy seems to only craft neat segments and glue them together absentmindedly.

So a good substitute for Snyder, I guess.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Warner Bros. just hired THE CONJURING Producer Walter Hamada, As New President Of DC-Based Film Production

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/wa...ve-1202652878/

Decent pull, I liked the two Conjuring flicks and Annabelle: Creation.

I would like a more humanistic and romantic take on Superman, and I don’t think Matthew Vaughn is the one to give that.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Vaughn is a hack. That will be the most forgettable Superman movie since like, Superman IV.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I would like a more humanistic and romantic take on Superman, and I don’t think Matthew Vaughn is the one to give that.
    Agreed.

So Shazam's been dated as April 5, 2019... which means they should start filming soon......

I've been enjoying David Sandberg's tweets.

Rumor is, if Affleck decides he doesn't want to be Batman anymore, Jake Gyllenhaal is your new Batman.

Gyllenhalls would be 2 for 2 replacing existing characters in a Batman universe!

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Gyllenhalls would be 2 for 2 replacing existing characters in a Batman universe!
    I didn't see the plural at first and was really confused for a moment there.

They found new director(s) for Flashpoint. It will be John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein, directors whose only released movie was the Vacation reboot.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    They found new director(s) for Flashpoint. It will be John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein, directors whose only released movie was the Vacation reboot.
    In a world where the Russo Brothers' last film prior to The Winter Solider was You, Me & Dupree, I'm kind of okay with that. (Obviously Community, Arrested Development, etc. were in between but...)

They were also responsible for breaking the story and the majority of early drafts of Spider-Man: Homecoming as well as being on a shortlist for directing it at some point before John Watts got it, which puts them in the realm of this sort of movie that at least Marvel deemed worth considering.

Plus, how can I say no to this face?! []
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Huh. Okay. Interested. I would like to know more.

That's the next DC movie I'm most interested in and I would rather it be from a director with some kind of background that supports the source material. WBDC is not Marvel. So I am super skeptical.

I would point out that all the directors the film had before them were comedy directors also so I think it's just the direction of the movie.
    Movie Theater Diary

This is the project they should use to introduce the next actor playing Batman (assuming a change is happening).