Page 82 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 3495

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Why is that funny?
    Because it's an insane bet to make after two out of the three DCEU movies underperformed. With P&A, that movie probably cost somewhere in the $400MM range.

Well it didn't start with that budget.

According to the studio reporting that I've read, WB isn't super concerned about JL being able to justify that price tag (probably impossible anyway), because they can afford it after having a massive year thanks to Fantastic Beasts, Skull Island, and Wonder Woman, and they can say the expensive reshoots were due to tragic unforeseen circumstances. They're more concerned about the reception, because they're banking on JL being their really important transitional movie that bridges the old Zack Snyder DCU and the new Geoff Johns DCU they're planning.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    Possibly relevant to you interests:

What The DC Animated Universe Could Have Taught Universal's Dark Universe (forbes.com)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I thought this is a clip from a late night show or something. Listen to the women when Aquaman takes off his shirt. Seems oddly out of place.

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I thought this is a clip from a late night show or something. Listen to the women when Aquaman takes off his shirt. Seems oddly out of place.

I like it more if that reaction's in the actual movie.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    I like it more if that reaction's in the actual movie.
    Haha. I hope so.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Whelp. Thanks to headlines, a major character was spoiled for JL. And it wasn't Superman.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Not looking, but guessing I called it.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Not looking, but guessing I called it.
    Spoil your guess... I'm curious.

[
    ]

You can tell me if I'm right, I don't care lol

Incorrect.

If you would have guessed this, I would have been really impressed.

Interesting!

In other DC news, apparently the RT score isn't being released until tonight. I guess studios have control over that? WB is so scared of bad reviews this time around...

In other DC news, apparently the RT score isn't being released until tonight. I guess studios have control over that? WB is so scared of bad reviews this time around...
    I read that it was a decision by RT to promote some facebook show they're launching, and they're trying to combat their own aggregator being misinterpreted.

Oh good. At least there's a reason.

My favorite review I've read is the one that said Henry Cavill's mustache is actually a problem in the movie.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Watching the Red Carpet shows yesterday, Gal Gadot is a superstar. Fuck Batman/Superman/Aquaman. Totally skip Cyborg/Flash. It's all about Wonder Woman.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Yeah, Gadot is the only one to give a truly charismatic performance so far. Sure, we haven't seen much of Cyborg/Flash/Aquaman, but eh.

Affleck's performance is also solid, but I don't like the direction in which they seem to be taking the character. Cavill is a piece of wood.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Word on streets is that Ezra Miller is the standout of this flick. Maybe someone will actually want to make a Flash movie now.

Now, Warner Bros. and DC are hoping that the finished “Justice League,” which opens Friday, doesn’t show any Frankenstein-like scars from its tumultuous creation.

“The goal is to make sure when you’re watching the movie, it all feels cohesive,” says Roven, the veteran producer of “The Dark Knight” trilogy. “That imprint that Joss had, some aspect of it is going to come out in the direction, but the actors are already pretty much down the road on their arcs. Let’s just say 80, 85 percent of the movie is what was originally shot. There’s only so much you can do with other 15, 20 percent of the movie.”

In interviews, Roven and cast members pledged their loyalty to Snyder and his vision for the franchise, one they say incorporated a changing tone before Whedon’s involvement. (Neither filmmaker was made available for interview. Each has stayed silent publicly since Snyder’s departure.)

“Zack from the time that I first met with him said, ‘Look, Batman makes the DC world dark. The DC world has to be created as something dark,’” says Ezra Miller, who plays Barry Allen aka the Flash). “He said what’s great now is that the League gets to bring Batman out of this darkness. That was always Zack’s vision. That was the intention from the beginning.”
    http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...erman-51122232
    Movie Theater Diary

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    I want to see Thomas Wayne played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan, David Harbour or Ron Perlman
    Hmmm, well Morgan already played him in BvS, and Harbour was in Suicide Squad as the guy who briefed Davis' Amanda Waller. So one of those wishes is more likely than the other.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Oh damn. I didn't even know he was in BvS!!!!!!!

Movie Theater Diary

Rewatched Dead and Breakfast the other night.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is one of those very lucky people who got (and keeps getting) better and better looking as he ages.

I also maintain that he ad Javier Bardem were separated at birth.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."