Page 80 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 3495

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

Middle school geek bored in class.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Fuck me, China's posters look great.

https://imgur.com/a/MYz9r
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Fuck me, China's posters look great.

https://imgur.com/a/MYz9r
    I wonder what that tagline means.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

China can help!

--Homer

Would be funny if it's because they're in Gotham and Metropolis for like 5 minutes but the rest of the movie is actually all in Beijing.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Would be funny if it's because they're in Gotham and Metropolis for like 5 minutes but the rest of the movie is actually all in Beijing.
    "Steppenwolf opened his portal near Beijing!"

"Master Wayne, the precise coordinates are an unpopulated island just off the coast of China."

"That seems unlikely--"

"Look, just go with this, okay?"

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    ummmm. Yes please

Gareth Evans in Talks to direct Deathstroke!
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Also, color me surprised that the run time time for Justice League is only 1:59

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    ummmm. Yes please

Gareth Evans in Talks to direct Deathstroke!
    Sweet!!

Also, color me surprised that the run time time for Justice League is only 1:59
    That's Joss cutting Darkseid from the movie. As much as I want to see Darkseid, probably for the best. Snyder does tend to overcram stuff in. He should've just skipped Stephenwolf and gone straight the big man, imo, but what the hell do I know.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Snyder does tend to overcram stuff in.
    After Batman v Superman, that's like the understatement of the century.

Snyder has this weird tendency where he'll build a big film, and then when it's time to cut for theatrical runtime, he'll cut scenes essential to character and cohesion in favor of action and spectacle. The Ultimate Cut of Watchmen feels fuller, more complete. The Director's Cut of Dawn of the Dead provides essential scenes for the villain-turned-redeemed-hero. The whole Africa subplot of BvS is a disaster in the theatrical and mercifully coherent in the extended version. (Sure, the flick's still an amoral swamp, but it tracks.)

To think that I was feeling bad for Joe Mangianello when the Deathstroke version of the Batman script was scrapped. Yet now he's playing the character anyway but as a lead in his own movie, with this director, while The Batman is in a weird limbo. Crazy.
    Movie Theater Diary

China JL trailer, with surprisingly a lot of new footage. Looks much better than recent full American trailer, imo.

[
    ]

--Homer

First Elfman track from score: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojyuFzWA0v4

--Homer

Looks like they keep adjusting the colors. I still hate the way this movie is shot.

Producer
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

How is the lightning bolt an S?

How is it not?

Does Deathstroke have to be in the Justice League world?

If not, I'll be curious.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    First Elfman track from score: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojyuFzWA0v4
    At 0:20 is probably the actual "Hero Theme" of the film, and the first half of it is almost the original 1989 "Batman" theme, which is a fun touch by Elfman (the "Batman" motif is even more audible at 1:08).

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Does Deathstroke have to be in the Justice League world?

If not, I'll be curious.
    You know, this didn't even occur to me. I forgot that they're also simultaneous making a series of standalone movies. I guess this could be one of those.
    Movie Theater Diary

Looks like they keep adjusting the colors. I still hate the way this movie is shot.
    That's not really unusual, is it? Shit, Thor 3 looks to have CGI'd a scene into an entirely different location, and there were obvious color changes to Black Panther's trailer.

That's not really unusual, is it? Shit, Thor 3 looks to have CGI'd a scene into an entirely different location, and there were obvious color changes to Black Panther's trailer.
    You would never know that alley was CGI if they didn't change it to a field. This entire movie looks like it's a cartoon.

You would never know that alley was CGI if they didn't change it to a field. This entire movie looks like it's a cartoon.
    Thor or JL? Because saying JL looks more like a cartoon than Thor is...kinda crazy. Not knocking Thor, looks fun, but c'mon dude, that looks way more cartoony.

Thor or JL? Because saying JL looks more like a cartoon than Thor is...kinda crazy. Not knocking Thor, looks fun, but c'mon dude, that looks way more cartoony.
    I'm referring to Thor with the alley. JL looks like a cartoon. Thor does not.