Page 76 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 3495

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I'll file that under "believe it when I see it".
    Pretty much. Seems weird that Scorsese would suddenly be interested in comic book movies.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Yeah that doesn't seem his style at all. I was under the impression he was actually trying to get smaller and more personal with his films.

It's also something that sounds like it's an amazing concept on paper, but after studio "input" (see: intervention) will be a run of the mill comic book movie with little to distinguish it from, say, BvS.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Also who wants to bet it will be riddled (ha!) with other "before they were villains" characters.

He'll probably have a really eccentric roommate named Ed who is never seen without a crossword puzzle. And we will hear mention of some rich tycoon opening a bird sanctuary.

Scorsese tends to lend his name as producer on a number of silly projects he has no involvement in just to add some gangster bonafides.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Easy money. Why not?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    Scorsese doesn't really do "silly projects" for the money. (You're thinking of Spielberg.)

We'd have to go back ~20 years to find something weird in his filmography. Mostly he backs documentaries. But it also seems like when he gets involved, he really gets involved. The last thing I noticed he was attached to was Ben Wheatley's "Free Fire."

I was thinking of these shitty movies:

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    Yeah. The connection there should be obvious. That strikes me as quite apart from doing a silly project for the money.

I dont understand this, but apparently Ben Affleck is out as Batman for the stand alone Batman film. That film will not be a part of the DCEU?

Congrats on the effort I guess.

"The new line, or possibly label, will allow for the making of movies that will stand apart and separate from those big-budget tentpoles. Matt Reeves’ The Batman, for example, is intended to not be connected to the Justice League universe but to be set in a different time period and star another actor."
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...direct-1032210

Update at the bottom says: "An earlier version of this story stated that Matt Reeves' The Batman was part of Warner Bros.' new label and would star a new actor as Batman, but it is unclear where that project will fall."

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I don't buy any of these stories as real movies that will come through. Who knows.

Also, Scorcese has allowed his name next to plenty of stuff.

Heh.

Movie Theater Diary

Beat me by one freakin minute.

Notice how he didn't address the Affleck rumor though.

Well if it is set at a different time (like Batman year two or something), it wouldn't be too weird to replace him. I still hope they don't though.

So this is expected, right? The credits are out and Snyder got solo directing credit but screenplay is officially now by Terrio and Whedon, which means he must have rewrote the script significantly enough to share credit.
    Movie Theater Diary

Totally. He retains artistic credit without stepping into the awkward pool created by a tragedy. Though I wouldn't haven't cared if he got co-director cred, it avoids controversy of net trolls.

This makes me very happy. I'm kind of excited to see this now. I read he cut a ton bloat from scenes that were already shot and wrote out characters entirely.

Leonardo DiCaprio eyed for THE JOKER Origin Story?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...r-role-1034392

Hmm, a 42-year-old Joker in an origin story?
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    WB sure is throwing a lot of bisgetti at the wall.

I do love that Jared Leto's jimmies are being rustled by all this, though.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Warners wants to branch off with stand-alone movies that are unconnected to that version of the DC world. The new movies will have non-traditional takes on the heroes and villains of DC, and hopefully, attract actors and filmmakers who don’t typically toil in the comic-book movie world.
    This doesn't make any sense to me. They basically just want to do what comic book movies were like before the Marvel craze. How is it any more or less enticing to A-list actors and filmmakers that were never interested in comic book movies? The idea of making standalone superhero movies isn't suddenly special just because one company is successful at something different that, so far, no other studio has been able to replicate.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    This doesn't make any sense to me. They basically just want to do what comic book movies were like before the Marvel craze. How is it any more or less enticing to A-list actors and filmmakers that were never interested in comic book movies? The idea of making standalone superhero movies isn't suddenly special just because one company is successful at something different that, so far, no other studio has been able to replicate.
    Maybe because of contracts that involve multiple appearances? I'm willing to bet a lot of actors don't want to be contractual obligated to star in moves down the road that are still in development? They don't know who will be directing them, they dont know who their co-stars will be, and if the material isn't something they're interested in they won't be vested in the project.

Look at Christian Bale with DK3. and Nolan for that matter.

Maybe the attraction is there won't be any constraints as far as having to tie in plot lines with other films in a larger sense than one movie?

Quote Quoting Lazlo (view post)
    Hmm, a 42-year-old Joker in an origin story?

Many interpretations of the Joker have him significantly older than Batman. In his 30s/40s when Batman was just starting.

And Leo can still very comfortably pull of being in his early-to-mid 30s.