Page 74 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 3495

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    It's a great idea in theory, at least, but if they ever get up to the Middle East conflicts, that's-a shitstorm brewin' considering who Gal Gadot is.
    Hahahah!

In other news, looks like Suicide Squad 2 is officially on, to be helmed by Jaume Collet-Serra, director of movies that exist like Non-Stop and Run All Night.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    In other news, looks like Suicide Squad 2 is officially on, to be helmed by Jaume Collet-Serra, director of movies that exist like Non-Stop and Run All Night.
    Having seen none of his movies I already prefer the pick to the last director.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Having seen none of his movies I already prefer the pick to the last director.
    I was curious to see how Gibson would include a gratuitous scene of gory torture in a PG-13 superhero movie.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    I was curious to see how Gibson would include a gratuitous scene of gory torture in a PG-13 superhero movie.
    Or how he would've slipped in some Jew-hate. I was talking about David Ayer though.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I enjoyed both of those movies.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Or how he would've slipped in some Jew-hate. I was talking about David Ayer though.
    Oh, d'oh.

It's really odd. Zack Snyder changed his twitter avatar, and it resulted in dozens of news sites saying he's removed all mentioned of Justice League.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Shazam is DC's next film after Aquaman - directed by David F. Sandberg due out April 5, 2019

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-shoot-1022821

Whoa. Weird news out of Hollywood Reporter. They are saying the studio is going to usher out Been Affleck and take the Batman in a new direction.

Damn. Hope beyond hope its not true. I'd like at least one Batman stand alone film with him.

Last edited by Dukefrukem; 07-22-2017 at 10:10 PM.

Nevermind. Duh.

Yuckity yuck.

Can't understand a word Steppenwolf is saying.

Would be much better if the JL just fought a 70s rock band instead.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

I feel like all of the dialogue about how Superman showed people a better part of themselves, symbolizes hope, yadda yadda is actually referencing the Donner flick.

Cause there's no way in hell they could be referencing Man of Steel or BvS.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I feel like all of the dialogue about how Superman showed people a better part of themselves, symbolizes hope, yadda yadda is actually referencing the Donner flick.

Cause there's no way in hell they could be referencing Man of Steel or BvS.
    Yeah, we could maybe say that the soldier boy who fought Faora in MoS was inspired by Supes, and maybe the people in the montage in BvS, but yeah, what a naked effort to get out of the tailspin.

[The movie otherwise looks okay, the usual DC overcast/dingey look but with people who look like they might enjoy each other's company.]

I think that looks fucking awesome.

I think that looks fucking awesome.
    Me too. It shows a too much again and I DON'T CARE.

Aquaman taking out that one Parademon is fun.

DC officially announce Flashpoint, Wonder Woman 2, Suicide Squad 2, Green Lantern Corps, Justice League Dark, The Batman, Batgirl, and Shazam.

Hal Jordan and John Stewart will be sharing the lead role in Green Lantern Corps

So that's Superman in the final scene, right?

This looks boring and kind of ugly.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    No. T-Rex.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Presumably, most likely. We already know hes going to be in it.

Flashpoint is an interesting/exciting reveal, mostly because I think the Negan and Maggie casting is wonderful and would like to see the Flash scene in BvS payoff. Remember back when I said its not impossible that future films might make BvS better? Memo to DC/WB..use the animated film as a blueprint. JUST DO THAT. They encapsulated the core of Flashpoint in under 90 min, theres no reason to not have as much content contained in a reasonable blockbuster runtime (what I mean is, if you deliver a 3 hr movie with half the content of that film, I'll be annoyed).

Shazam, Justice League Dark, and GL Corps feels like WB is really committing to a DC cinematic universe. Thanks WB, for not being scaredy cats and backing down. Push through the growing pains, figure it out, and get it right. After the reviews of their pre-WW films I was worried they'd back off the DC films, but luckily the bank is outweighing the critical response.

Agreed with everything you say. Specifically using the DC animated movie as a blueprint. Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne is perfect. I wonder if they are thinking of making it R-rated.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Agreed with everything you say. Specifically using the DC animated movie as a blueprint. Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne is perfect. I wonder if they are thinking of making it R-rated.
    That animated film had to be unrated, right? He was blowing holes through peoples heads.

Still angry that Suicide Squad had such a moronic plot when Assualt On Arkham already existed. JUST DO THAT, for fucks sake. If Suicide Squad had been a live action beat-for-beat remake of AoA, it would've been awesome, less expensive, more character driven...basically every single thing wrong with SS. So dumb.