Page 70 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 3495

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Haha, he's talking about it like there's been any movement on the movie since it was announced last year. The guy's about to do his Attica movie, and then that sci-fi movie with Charlie Kaufman
    Is this for real or should I retain my skepticism?
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    Is this for real or should I retain my skepticism?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_...ilm_adaptation

Although last I heard Kaufman's script is getting a rewrite. Probably to make it a lot less weird since it's supposed to be for the YA crowd.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Haha, he's talking about it like there's been any movement on the movie since it was announced last year. The guy's about to do his Attica movie, and then that sci-fi movie with Charlie Kaufman, and he just announced that he's definitely directing Live Die Repeat and Repeat. I share Ivan's skepticism that he'll stay on it until it comes out.
    Yeeep, most likely this. I would love to see him do it though. Hell I was game for him on the Gambit movie. Either way, as long Liman keeps getting to make movies (especially sci-fi-y ones), I won't complain.

Who should direct a Justice League Dark movie? My god would I love to see a live action JLD...

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Well. I know who I want directing this.

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I'd be decently okay with any of those three, but I'd love it to be Zemeckis. Can't help but feel he would knock it out of the park.

Zemeckis is out of the running, I thought. Recently announced he was starting on a new movie.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Wasn't Justice League Dark supposed to be Del Toro's baby?
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Wasn't Justice League Dark supposed to be Del Toro's baby?
    One of his thousand irons. Never believe a DT project until it begins filming.

Del Toro said last year that he dropped out of the project because WB wanted it to be in production at the same time as Pacific Rim 2 and he chose to do the latter, which he's now not even doing anymore. Dude kinda needs to keep his life organized.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Del Toro said last year that he dropped out of the project because WB wanted it to be in production at the same time as Pacific Rim 2 and he chose to do the latter, which he's now not even doing anymore. Dude kinda needs to keep his life organized.
    And he was talking about how he had ideas for a Star Wars movie and wanted to do some low key movies.

He's the new George Lucas.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I mean, it's not like he's not doing anything. Aside from the Hobbit period he's put out a film every two years this decade. He's got something coming out later this year with Sally Hawins and Michael Shannon.

So early reception for Wonder Woman is apparently very positive. I'm pleased to hear it, and really hope it actually lives up to the hype.

Reshoots firing up for JL...what if they said "Hey, Joss, welcome as Batgirl director! Now wanna see JL and give us notes?" I know reshoots are normal part of the process, but I hope they were smart enough to utilize the new asset.

So apparently, following a family tragedy, Zack Snyder has stepped down as director for Justice League, and Joss Whedon is stepping in to finish the movie.

- - - - -
    So apparently, following a family tragedy, Zack Snyder has stepped down as director for Justice League, and Joss Whedon is stepping in to finish the movie.
    Just saw this. Dude's daughter committed suicide. Snyder's wife is a producer on the project & she's left too.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/snyder-e...after-tragedy/

Damn, that's a hell of a thing. I thought it'd mostly be kinda done by now, though, with just finishing up post, right?

Props to him, tho.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Damn, that's a hell of a thing. I thought it'd mostly be kinda done by now, though, with just finishing up post, right?

Props to him, tho.
    Yeah, it sounds like it's mostly just post and re-shoots.

What the fuck.
    Movie Theater Diary

That's so terrible.

Snyder is a decent guy. Met him and interviewed him briefly and he really is a good dude.

Of course, that doesn't matter with a tragedy like this - it would still be awful.

My heart goes out to them.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

The other punch in the gut is that it happened two months ago and he wanted to keep it a private matter, but only decided to release this statement now because he thinks that if word got out that Whedon is directing the reshoots and finishing the movie, fanboys will be speculating negative things about the movie.
    Movie Theater Diary

Damn that's awful. This kind of situation is unrepresented.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

The other punch in the gut is that it happened two months ago and he wanted to keep it a private matter, but only decided to release this statement now because he thinks that if word got out that Whedon is directing the reshoots and finishing the movie, fanboys will be speculating negative things about the movie.
    Do you see that as a positive trait for Snyder, all things considered?

That is so beyond awful and JL should be the last of his concerns.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Do you see that as a positive trait for Snyder, all things considered?
    I see it as a damningly accurate assessment of geek culture.
    Movie Theater Diary

I see it as a damningly accurate assessment of geek culture.
    You don't find it odd that's where his mind goes after a family tragedy?