Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Weird...

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

So, Joss Whedon no longer directing Batgirl is the new hot rumor...

Story is currently developing... I guess WB is prepping a statement soon.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Ah, access journalism.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Ah, access journalism.
    No kidding huh? Talk about having zero integrity.

great look at Deathstroke who will hopefully be in the stand alone batman movie.

[]

- - - - -

Batman ... Ninja?!

(Coming 2018)

Yeeeeeeesssssss

The writer of this thing is good and makes me want to watch this, but even though this isn't the worst CG anime I've seen, it looks like CG anime and I don't really like it.

This is great. Here is a Trivial Pursuit card from the 2008 edition.

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Hahaha, this 2011 draft by Will Beale sounds crazy. Dude basically wrote a comic book story.

Superman goes through a Boom Tube and travels eleven years into the future to find that Darkseid has wiped out 80 percent of the Earth’s population. Diana leads the last of the human resistance with an aged and grey-haired Bruce Wayne as her second-in-command. They have a son named Clark Wayne, and one surprising member of the resistance is Lex Luthor.

The Future Batman leads a dozen fighters known as Batman’s Berzerkers. They include Slade Wilson (Deathstroke) George Harkness (Captain Boomerang), Helena Bertinelli (Huntress) and Barbera Minerva (Cheetah). Comics fans might also recognize this team as the members of Suicide Squad — though not exactly the Suicide Squad of last year’s film. The last of the resistance is headquartered inside Superman’s Fortress of Solitude.
    https://www.thewrap.com/justice-leag...suicide-squad/
    Movie Theater Diary

That's a movie I want to see.

The alternate reality is some of the best DC stuff. I'm including Flashpoint in that.

Damn, do an animated version of that.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Damn, do an animated version of that.
    They kind of have already.

New photo of Fuckuaman.

Movie Theater Diary

Aquaman: Rough Seas, Rough Trade

Had no idea the franchise was going in this bold new direction, but I'm okay with it.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

That dude has the body I lust after.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    That dude has the body I lust after.
    Tell me about it. Hubba hubba.
    Movie Theater Diary

Broquaman.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    I love how Wan's just been off-camera quietly making his Aquaman movie while all this DC hand-wringing brouhaha goes down.

It’s still going to be awful.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Remember when we talked about manipulative superhero deaths played for effect?

Well, it seems Morrison planned to keep Batman dead for five years and DC wouldn't let him.

It's pretty sad that Affleck's career has been marred by playing a superhero twice. All that good will he got from building himself up as a director got derailed by this Batman business. Regardless of whether people like him as Batman or not, I feel like this is for the best. Just cut and run, Ben.
    Movie Theater Diary

Justice League's failure is causing a big restructuring at Warner Bros that will take place in January. They're going to announce a new person to head the DC movies now. Apparently parent company Time Warner is really unhappy with what WB has been doing with the DC properties.

Warner Bros. continues to have a production deal with Snyder, so it’s possible he could direct additional films for the studio. Time Warner is said to be frustrated that Warner Bros. leaders continue to bring the director back, especially after “Batman v Superman” was excoriated by critics even though it made money. They are also upset that each new DC film seems to be making less money than its predecessor.
    But I think this is the bombshell part:

While Ben Affleck is expected to appear as Batman in a standalone Flash movie, it is highly unlikely he will don the cape and cowl in Matt Reeves’ planned standalone Batman movie. The director is said to want to cast the role with fresh talent, according to sources.
    Movie Theater Diary

Apparently Jon Hamm really wants it.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

IF they reboot it with Flashpoint everything will be fine.