Page 63 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 3495

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

Or parademons.

Reeves out as Batman director. Kind of relieved because I confused the Apes movies, I thought he directed the good one.

Anybody taking any predictions on how many directors will get fired/quit on it before they finally go to production? I'm going with 4.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Anybody taking any predictions on how many directors will get fired/quit on it before they finally go to production? I'm going with 4.
    Including Reeves? I'll take 3.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Some TV show guy will get it next, and he'll be the one.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Some TV show guy will get it next, and he'll be the one.
    That's how Marvel does things. I'm guessing they'll overpay someone like Walter Hill, a name who won't care and just wants the check.

Matt Reeves is back!

Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Matt Reeves (“Dawn of the Planet of the Apes,” “Cloverfield”) has been set to direct “The Batman.” Reeves will also serve as a producer on the new standalone action adventure centering on one of DC’s most enduringly popular Super Heroes. The announcement was made by Toby Emmerich, President and Chief Content Officer, Warner Bros. Pictures Group.

Emmerich stated, “We are thrilled to have Matt Reeves taking the helm of Batman, the crown jewel of our DC slate. Matt’s deep roots in genre films and his evolution into an emotional world-building director make him the perfect filmmaker to guide the Dark Knight through this next journey.”

Matt Reeves noted, “I have loved the Batman story since I was a child. He is such an iconic and compelling character, and one that resonates with me deeply. I am incredibly honored and excited to be working with Warner Bros. to bring an epic and emotional new take on the Caped Crusader to the big screen.”

Batman was created by Bob Kane with Bill Finger.

“The Batman” will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Also I loled at this.

Movie Theater Diary

Good I guess?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Henry Gale (view post)
    Look, I think Affleck is a good director, but his best film by far is the one where he didn't choose to put himself in front of the camera. Add to that a production larger than anything he's ever helmed with an already hazy outlook of this iteration of the character after BvS, and the potential cons just feel like they stack higher.

But I also just think Reeves is one of the most talented guys getting studio's pet projects today. Sure, I'd prefer him being given free reign on something not already an established property, but I'll still watch whatever he does.
    Yeah. Matt Reeves is definitely a better filmmaker than Ben Affleck.

I wonder what the hold out was? Probably "let me make this and I'll make that" sort of thing.

Chris McKay (Lego Batman) to direct Nightwing film.

I hope this happens. Hes my favorite comic book hero. I never expected this, though I always thought it was a good idea. I hope this happens, though I'll be surprised if it does.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I wonder what the hold out was? Probably "let me make this and I'll make that" sort of thing.
    Money, apparently. WB tried to lowball him and he was like, uh, I make more than that making monkey movies, so no thanks? Then WB came to their senses and called him back with more money.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Money, apparently. WB tried to lowball him and he was like, uh, I make more than that making monkey movies, so no thanks? Then WB came to their senses and called him back with more money.
    WOW thats wild. I know hes a director thats doing decent, but damn, its not like hes the second coming. The stigma of "a Batman film" must be even more hardcore than even I imagined, and thats saying something.

Lego Nightwing or live action Nightwing?

Oh, fuckit, I have no intention of seeing these DC World movies.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

DC/WB need to fucking hang it up and come back to this in 20 years when the bad taste had left everyone's mouths.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    DC/WB need to fucking hang it up and come back to this in 20 years when the bad taste had left everyone's mouths.
    Batman is my favorite character, but this feels so dead on.

It just feels like they have no fucking idea what they're doing since Nolan left.

As time goes by I find myself liking the Nolan Batman trilogy less and less.

I've realized that Begins is the best, closely followed by Dark Knight which has a lot of plot holes and questionable choices but is elevated by Ledger's Joker. Rises is just laughably bad.

I've never laughed when watching Rises.

I did, but out of joy.
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    I probably wasn't in all that great a head-space the first, uh, four times I obsessively watched Rises in one week. But there was one moment that made me burst into tears every single time. Like, fine ... fine ... fine ... BAM! Red eyes, wet face, runny nose, the whole bit.

[
    ]

I love that movie in a lot of ways, for personal reasons, despite all its faults.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    I probably wasn't in all that great a head-space the first, uh, four times I obsessively watched Rises in one week. But there was one moment that made me burst into tears every single time. Like, fine ... fine ... fine ... BAM! Red eyes, wet face, runny nose, the whole bit.

[
    ]

I love that movie in a lot of ways, for personal reasons, despite all its faults.
    Alfred crying on Bruce Wayne's grave.

Boom

"I... will not... bury... another... Batman."
    "Another Batman? How many Batmans has he buried?"
    "I've buried 47 Batmen, Master Bruce..."
    Movie Theater Diary

Fernet Branca is an insanely popular beverage in Argentina mixed with Coke, so everytime Alfred pronounces the words "Fernet Branca" in theaters the crowd went wild.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    For me, it was when Batman told Gordon who he was, and you see the brief flashback.

Rises is the best of the trilogy, and Bane was a better villain than Joker.

Boom.

Mic drop.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."