Page 60 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3495

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I don't have time to only care about good.
    This is going on my tombstone.

Right above a little drawing of a fist shaking at the sky.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Unexpected move today by WB. The Rock will now star in his own solo film as the Black Adam after Shazam.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...source=twitter

Unclear if the untitled film below is Black Adam or the Batman movie or if it will even by part of the DCEU.

Wonder Woman June 2, 2017
    Justice League November 17, 2017
    The Flash July 27, 2018
    Aquaman October 5, 2018
    Shazam April 5, 2019
    Untitled film November 1, 2019
    Cyborg April 3, 2020
    Green Lantern Corps July 24, 2020
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Man I do not like this weird November release date of JL. Feels off. WW in June feels not right either, its after the first big wave of summer movies when theres a lull as people need a break from the tentpoles, but before the second swing of July. I hate to say it but it feels like a lack of confidence from WB. Save us Geoff Johns, your our only hope.

Or maybe I need to stop playing these fucking fantasy movie league games.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Man I do not like this weird November release date of JL. Feels off. WW in June feels not right either, its after the first big wave of summer movies when theres a lull as people need a break from the tentpoles, but before the second swing of July. I hate to say it but it feels like a lack of confidence from WB. Save us Geoff Johns, your our only hope.

Or maybe I need to stop playing these fucking fantasy movie league games.
    It sorta goes hand in hand with their 2016 releases, though. They moved BvS from May to March to distance itself from Captain America, and slotted Suicide Squad into August, when most of the bigger releases are out of the way for the summer and things are starting to cool off. Honestly, lately November's been a bit of a packed month, so them sticking with that shows at least a little more confidence I'd say than their 2016 release dates. (Plus, it gives them a month's head start before it inevitably takes a dip thanks to the next Star Wars in December. )

Yeah anyone putting out anything close to or after Star Wars knows its crap. lol

All of my rumors have been shot down by 8 lately, but the latest is, DC is apparently re-considering Ryan Reynolds as the Hal Jordan for Green Lateran Corps.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

They've scrapped the Flash script and doing a complete page one rewrite.

With no script and no director, they couldn't make the production start date so Ezra Miller is now off shooting the Fantastic Beasts sequel.

That 2018 release date is now super unlikely.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/jo...te-1201969977/
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Good. Id rather wait than rush to meet a release date.

The real question is will they throw some trash movie in that release date spot now.

Probably just move Aquaman up since that's actually in production now.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Super Bowl spots revealed and oddly enough, WB didn't buy a slot- Doom and gloom for Wonder Woman? Seems like they should be promoting the hell out of that movie.

But wonder women is a girl and GIRLS dont watch football
    Movie Theater Diary

Affleck off as director of The Batman.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Affleck off as director of The Batman.
    Let's get Werner Herzog in there.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Rumor has it Matt Reeves is on the shortlist. That'd be a great choice.

But they'll probably end up with the guy that did 300: Rise of An Empire.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Get Stephen Chow.
    Movie Theater Diary

Jee-woon Kim.

Robert Zemeckis

Cancel it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Give the rights back to Marvel Studios.
    Movie Theater Diary

Do it in shadowplay!
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Colin Trevorrow, just so I'm not surprised when it disappoints me.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    He already seems frustrated with it all.
    I should've made the prediction that he'd quit or get pulled off here. The idea was there damnit.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I don't buy his whole "I wanna dedicate myself to playing Batman and I can't give the performance fans want if I'm also directing" explanation. I'm sorry, I love Batman, but it's fucking Batman, and it'll be his third time playing the character. Come on.

Live by Night is a spectacular bomb. It's the largest number of theaters drop off of all time, beating Meet Dave's record. 2,600+ theaters stopped showing it after this past weekend, and suddenly the same studio announced he's not directing Batman on Monday. It's pretty obvious what happened.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I don't buy his whole "I wanna dedicate myself to playing Batman and I can't give the performance fans want if I'm also directing" explanation. I'm sorry, I love Batman, but it's fucking Batman, and it'll be his third time playing the character. Come on.

Live by Night is a spectacular bomb. It's the largest number of theaters drop off of all time, beating Meet Dave's record. 2,600+ theaters stopped showing it after this past weekend, and suddenly the same studio announced he's not directing Batman on Monday. It's pretty obvious what happened.
    Shoot. He's claiming it's to dedicate his time to filmmaking? I thought he was just overwhelmed like in the interviews we saw earlier. I didn't think about the Live By Night bombing. I feel like he gets at least one pass in directing for Argo still being in the same decade and bringing plenty of $'s.

Anyone from MC even see that movie? Looked pretty horrible from the previews. I don't know how he was able to create a believable world in Argo, yet Live By Night looked like one of the fakest 1920s movies since Public Enemies.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter