Page 57 of 140 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 3495

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

- - - - -
    The problem is a semantic one -- there isn't a good word for what this is in English. There isn't even good slang.

If you ply someone with booze or drugs to take advantage of them, technically it doesn't fit the definition of "rape" but morally and functionally, it's the same damned thing.

There's an enormous difference between "let's catch a drink and let our guard down" and "lemme buy you a dozen tequila shots so you'll be more compliant."

(Read this and then consider what message the scene sends to its audience. It's even more fucked up that it appears in a cartoon.)

I didn't expect calling getting a woman drunk for sexual purposes rape would be a controversial statement...

Meh, whatever. In a world where people freely use the word to describe their favorite pop culture properties not being handled to their liking, I feel comfortable enough to use it to describe that particular situation.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    (Read this and then consider what message the scene sends to its audience. It's even more fucked up that it appears in a cartoon.)
    Ha. Yeah, and then a mugging in an alley. What a strange cartoon indeed.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

This conversation is raping my enjoyment of the Wonder Woman animated film.

Did I do it right?

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    This conversation is raping my enjoyment of the Wonder Woman animated film.

Did I do it right?
    APPROPRIATE term.

End of discussion.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    The problem is a semantic one -- there isn't a good word for what this is in English. There isn't even good slang.

If you ply someone with booze or drugs to take advantage of them, technically it doesn't fit the definition of "rape" but morally and functionally, it's the same damned thing.

There's an enormous difference between "let's catch a drink and let our guard down" and "lemme buy you a dozen tequila shots so you'll be more compliant."
    This is what is frustrating to me. The discussion over whether or not this behavior, or any other gradation between sober consensual sex and violent rape by a stranger, is wrong is replaced by an argument over whether or not the term "rape" is applicable. The real problem of consent is never addressed.

There's no question in my mind that sex without consent is wrong, but the way 8 described what happened in the scene was just bizarre. You can't tell me someone says that without expecting a reaction.

I honestly did not expect one. But I probably live in a bubble of friends that wouldn't disagree that that's sexual assault and have gotten used to the echo chamber.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Ciaran Hinds to play Steppenwolf in Justice League. Nice casting.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

There's also a huge rumor going on that people working on the next Batman film, went to the studio and said there are things wrong with the script that they want to change, and the studio basically told them to f@@k off and they didn't care.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

With all the last minute changes they seem to bring to these DC films, and the semi-disappointing results, they would be quite open to making changes at this stage. Who knows.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Kevin Feige just called a deal with Fox an "impossibility" killing every nerds dream in the process.

Though, it does make me wonder how much of a publicity movie this is- saying something like: "certainly have enough films to keep us busy for a number of lifetimes" is a big middle finger to Fox basically saying they never need to partner and have no interest in partnering, where as Fox is trying to scramble what crumbs they have left into some kind of reboot. Fox may come crawling to Marvel like Sony did...

Or it could mean they already have Phase 4 plans pretty locked up based on the events in upcoming scripts and a Fox Deal would mean they would have to re-write those movies to fit those characters in.

The thing that impresses me the most about Marvel, is how long they develop their films- through re-writes and over a number of years. (With the exception being probably Ant-Man)... but DC for example... still doesn't have a fucking FLASH director and that movie is due out in 2018.

After Aquaman, this is what their slate looks like:

October 2018 Untitled Film (no director, no writer)
    April 2019 Shazam (no director, Lemke)
    June 2019 Justice League 2 (Snyder, Terrio)
    November Untitled Film (no director, no writer)
    April 2020 Cyborg (no director, no writer)
    Green Lantern (no director, no writer)
    Aquaman pushed back to October 5 which means the Untitled film is probably canceled or likely be replaced with the Batman film in the original release date of July.

So Justice League 2 has been delayed, presumably to make room for the untitled Batman movie. It's also probably right to guess WB is waiting to see how his first movie does at the box office before allowing Synder to continue ruining the DC universe. No date for Justice League 2 has been set.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...tograph-954812

July 2018 Untitled Film- Batman??
    October 5, 2018 Aquaman (Wan)
    April 2019 Shazam (no director, Lemke)
    TBD Justice League 2 (Snyder, Terrio)
    November 2019 Untitled Film (no director, no writer)
    April 2020 Cyborg (no director, no writer)
    Green Lantern (no director, no writer)

So apparently the next Harley Quinn movie is going to be a Gotham City Sirens movie, with David Ayer set to return to direct. Oh boy. :|

Wut? Is this related to the Deadshot spin-off rumor too?

I wasn't aware of the Deadshot rumor.
    Last edited by TGM; 12-14-2016 at 04:35 PM.

I bet Will Smith started the rumor.
    Movie Theater Diary

Looks like it

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/suici...obbies-a147563

When you're doing a big budget movie of a character who is currently also on TV, it's really embarrassing when your costume looks goofier.
    Movie Theater Diary

Batman has really short arms.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

The nerd outrage over the tv shows costume was in full effect too...until they saw the show. Now its grail.

I hope my nerd outrage won't flip-flop!
    Movie Theater Diary

Don't worry, I think you're safe.

Cyborg and the Flash look so stupid.

- - - - -
    1) So Cyborg is now a transformer? (And is a black man only from the neck up?)

2) He has no cock.

3) The amount of visible skin (a) in this photo and (b) between Wonder Woman and Cyborg tells you a lot about (c) American sexual pathologies.