Page 128 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 3495

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I want this movie so bad lol, I'm such a dork
    Me too, Skitch.

Me too.

So is DeSaad replacing Steppenwolf entirely? I enjoy Ciaran Hinds, even tho Stepp wasn't the biggest plus of that movie.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Art-based "teaser" for Black Adam.

"How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Art-based "teaser" for Black Adam.

Also confirmed that Hawkman will appear.

Ben coming back for Flash.

James Wann confirmed Patrick Wilson will return to Aquaman 2. Will be more serious and "relevent"

Shazam! Fury of the Gods title revealed.

Synder Cut will be 4 hours long, released as four episode on HBOMAX and re-released to theaters.

The quiet reboot of the DCEU is happening before our eyes.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! (M. Hoshino/M. Minato, 2024) ☆
    Correr para Vivir (G. Dorantes, 2024) ☆
    The Bad Guys (P. Perifel, 2022) ☆
    Persepolis (M. Satrapi/V. Paronnaud, 2007)
    Coyote (K. Jerkovic, 2022) ☆
    Uncle from Another World (S. Kawai, 2022-23) ☆
    Why the Hell are You Here, Teacher!? + OVA (H. Kaneko/T. Tokoro, 2018-19) ☆
    The Dangers in My Heart, S2 (H. Akagi, 2024) ☆
    Frieren: Beyond Journey's End, S1 (K. Saitō, 2023?24) ☆
    Knocked Up (J. Apatow, 2007) ☆

First time ☆

Snyder is embarrassing himself with these interactions with trolls.

He shouldn't even acknowledge them.

This gets weirder.

Quote Quoting WB
    “In July, Ray Fisher’s representatives asked DC Films President Walter Hamada to talk to Mr. Fisher about his concerns during the production of Justice League. The two had previously spoken when Mr. Hamada asked him to reprise his role as Cyborg in Warner Bros.’ upcoming Flash movie, together with other members of the Justice League.

“In their July conversation, Mr. Fisher recounted disagreements he’d had with the film’s creative team regarding his portrayal of Cyborg, and complained that his suggested script revisions were not adopted. Mr. Hamada explained that creative differences are a normal part of the production process, and that a film’s writer/director ultimately has to be in charge of these matters.

“Notably, Mr. Hamada also told Mr. Fisher that he would elevate his concerns to WarnerMedia so they could conduct an investigation. At no time did Mr. Hamada ever “throw anyone under the bus,” as Mr. Fisher has falsely claimed, or render any judgments about the Justice League production, in which Mr. Hamada had no involvement, since filming occurred before Mr. Hamada was elevated to his current position.

” While Mr. Fisher never alleged any actionable misconduct against him, WarnerMedia nonetheless initiated an investigation into the concerns he’d raised about his character’s portrayal. Still not satisfied, Mr. Fisher insisted that WarnerMedia hire an independent third party investigator.

“This investigator has attempted multiple times to meet with Mr. Fisher to discuss his concerns but, to date, Mr. Fisher has declined to speak to the investigator. Warner Bros. remains committed to accountability and to the well-being of every cast and crew member on each of its productions. It also remains committed to investigating any specific and credible allegation of misconduct, which thus far Mr. Fisher has failed to provide.”

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

A report direct from WB is of course going to paint the company and its people as having done nothing wrong.

It would be super disheartening to find out Fisher made all this stink over "creative differences". But I really doubt that's the case.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    But I really doubt that's the case.
    Based on what though?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Based on what though?
    It would be career suicide for him to do that.

I think the fact that it has reached the point of investigation means it isn't a completely baseless accusation.

Fisher also claimed that some of his costars encouraged him to push forward with this.

I think the fact that it has reached the point of investigation means it isn't a completely baseless accusation.
    I take it as, in the age of the #Metoo movement, investigate everything.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I take it as, in the age of the #Metoo movement, investigate everything.
    I just really don't want this to be another Jussie Smollet.

Fisher responds.

It would be career suicide for him to do that.
    Career, though? The DC role is literally half of his entire career, and I literally had to look up what else he did even though I've seen True Detective.

Sent from my Mi 9 Lite using Tapatalk

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    Career, though? The DC role is literally half of his entire career, and I literally had to look up what else he did even though I've seen True Detective.

Sent from my Mi 9 Lite using Tapatalk
    That seems a little semantic-y.

If it comes out this was BS or him just being petty, he's never working again.

So yeah, career suicide.

I guess it's just that not enough details have been released, cause I'm not seeing the crux of the issue here. He wanted a larger and more complex role, got told no, didn't like that? Is that about right? I dunno what else is involved or what accusations have been made.

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    I guess it's just that not enough details have been released, cause I'm not seeing the crux of the issue here. He wanted a larger and more complex role, got told no, didn't like that? Is that about right? I dunno what else is involved or what accusations have been made.
    That's where I'm saying that I bet WB is saying that to try to cover their asses. Paint him as some over sensitive diva.

Every company in the world, when it comes to accusations of wrong doing, their absolute #1 priority is to make sure they aren't liable. So while I'm not fully comfortable taking Ray Fisher's word on everything until more information is released, it is not surprising to me at all that he says WB tried to bury Whedon in order to protect higher players.

Looking at it from a retail standpoint (I know they're hugely different but bear with me), if someone in, say, a Walmart store slips and fall and is hurt, there is always an investigation. What they tell the victim and any others involved is that they are trying to figure out how it happened so they can avoid incidents like it in the future. But that's only a very small part of it. It is 99.999999% about the company trying to make sure there is an angle they can present the accident in so that they are not liable.

It's the same if an employee gets hurt. The investigation is all about "even if the employee followed company procedures and protocols 10000%, we need to make this accident can be presented as THEIR fault so that our stocks don't plummet."

I would bet the $-24.65 in my bank account that they are scrambling to find an individual (possibly Fisher himself) they can crucify to save face for the company.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Oh, for sure, that's like every HR department. They aren't in it to help you. They're in it to protect the company's ass.

I hate articles/stories like this.

Early reviews say James Gunns Suicide Squad a "masterpiece".

I feel like no matter what the "early reviews story" headline is, its always either wrong or greatly exaggerated, good or bad.

That'd be pretty cool.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

It's a real photo.

--Homer

Apparently they had filmed scenes with Keaton as 89 Batman for the Crisis on Infinite Earths show, but they were cut.

Not sure why you're doubting Wryan. It has been confirmed he's signed on.

Why the hell would they cut that??