Page 119 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3495

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    No, it's really not.
    Yep, it is.

Quote Quoting Irish
    Yeah, that was addressed by one of my sources --- saying that roles could be played by men or women ("to reach a broader audience") isn't the same as writing Ripley as a woman.
    That's another inaccuracy. You're making it look like this is a common happenstance in screenwriting when it's clearly not. Writers usually specify the gender of a character same as any other attribute. Really, I'd like to think the best of you, but it seems to me you're just tweaking with reality to win this point which is largely unimportant to the overall discussion. The Alien stuff is just pre-production script development and, in the US market, once a writer delivers his final draft he's usually out of the picture.

Quote Quoting Irish
    Do you not understand what a producer does?

Or what happens when an executive gives notes?
    I understand both things perfectly well, thank you very much. Listen, I realize you have a lot of anger to vent out and you do it here... I'm not interested in that. Maybe you should consider playing Counter Strike or something like that instead of discussing movies. I just saw you posting some things as hard fact that were inaccurate, like I said, so I pointed them out. For the most part I agree with your point of view on director's cuts.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Yep, it is.

That's another inaccuracy. You're making it look like this is a common happenstance in screenwriting when it's clearly not. Writers usually specify the gender of a character same as any other attribute. Really, I'd like to think the best of you, but it seems to me you're just tweaking with reality to win this point which is largely unimportant to the overall discussion. The Alien stuff is just pre-production script development and, in the US market, once a writer delivers his final draft he's usually out of the picture.

I understand both things perfectly well, thank you very much. Listen, I realize you have a lot of anger to vent out and you do it here... I'm not interested in that. Maybe you should consider playing Counter Strike or something like that instead of discussing movies. I just saw you posting some things as hard fact that were inaccurate, like I said, so I pointed them out. For the most part I agree with your point of view on director's cuts.
    1600 hours of css here saying it DOES NoT help ease anger. Only exasperating it.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    1600 hours of css here saying it DOES NoT help ease anger. Only exasperating it.
    I've been playing a lot of Age of Empires II this quarantine. Love it, but doesn't chill me either.

- - - - -
    That's another inaccuracy. You're making it look like this is a common happenstance in screenwriting when it's clearly not. Writers usually specify the gender of a character same as any other attribute.
    Whaaaat the hell? This is a wildly bad read. Nowhere did I say, or even imply, that their approach was a common one.

You're sorta moving the goalpost each time, btw.

Let's recap: Producer interference can help or harm a project. No, the producers on "Aliens" didn't request those changes. Yes, of course I know Hill was a producer but we were talking about studio interference, an apparently narrowly defined term, and literally nothing else.

Now you're willfully misinterpreting what I said and condescending to me ... for what, exactly?

Really, I'd like to think the best of you,
    lol, please. If you're gonna be a dick at least own it.

- - - - -
    I'd edit that post to make my points clearer, but I'm worried that if I do that again so soon then Peng will have a seizure.

Since I cant rep you get the...LOL

I'd edit that post to make my points clearer, but I'm worried that if I do that again so soon then Peng will have a seizure.
    That porg needs a tiara on it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Producer
    If you're gonna be a dick at least own it.
    Um, a little self-awareness would be nice?

I'm actually surprised that you don't side-step past or change the subject for once. Insinuating that your past distortions that I bring up are just to make stuff "clearer" is unfortunately par for the course, but still, progress!
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Peace and Love guys <3

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

And wtf... now there are rumors saying there is going to be an official announcement after this watch party

- - - - -
    I'm actually surprised that you don't side-step past or change the subject for once
    It's weird you've continued to think, for over a year now, that there's a malicious intent behind my posting habits.

Meanwhile, you recently offered an innocent rationale for your own edits --- while somehow failing to realize that anyone else could behave similarly and for similar reasons.

Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    Um, a little self-awareness would be nice?
    lol, always a pleasure peng, always a pleasure

Producer
    It's weird you've continued to think, for over a year now, that there's a malicious intent behind my posting habits.

Meanwhile, you recently offered an innocent rationale for your own edits --- while somehow failing to realize that anyone else could behave similarly and for similar reasons.
    Oh I don't think it's malicious, but I think it's, at best, dishonest. By "for over a year now" you seem to refer to that specific GoT thread (even though there are others before than, most of the time deleted posts I think), so I'm surprised you still deflected the way in this post, since that is actually just one edit, and then more a whole bunch of deleted posts that link from that. But it's quite an edit, since after everyone said about you jumping in at Season 7, you linked to Season 6 thread to contradict it. It's edited out in your post above mine now (but still saved in my reply quoting it) since you seemed to belatedly realize that a) it's a discussion of one article you brought up and not actually anything about you watching the show and/or b) it links to a page where many replied to your posts but you have already deleted.

Which is why earlier I bring up the "win" thing, because I can't think of why you would link to that self-contradictory, posts-deleted page unless you're in a hurry to prove yourself right and everyone else wrong, even if it's not actually what happened (per my link to Spinal's quote of another deleted post in that reply, and now I saw others as well, in Season 7 thread).

I was not going to bring the whole thing up in details, but since you twice now tried to conflate your past stuff as normal behaviors, with "innocent rationale" and how "anyone else could behave similarly and for similar reasons", I want to hear how this elaborate pattern of deleted posts here are that. And this is also why I have to bring up your "If you're gonna be a dick at least own it" to Grouchy, since your deleting habits makes it clear that you don't own it.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    Which is why earlier I bring up the "win" thing, because I can't think of why you would link to that self-contradictory, posts-deleted page unless you're in a hurry to prove yourself right and everyone else wrong, even if it's not actually what happened (per my link to Spinal's quote of another deleted post in that reply, and now I saw others as well, in Season 7 thread).
    Sir, this is an Arby's

Look, I don't think what I'm saying is as complicated as you make it out to be. Producer interference over a movie is the subject at hand and it's implied that it goes contrary to the desires of the filmmakers - that's the entire point of a director's cut. The examples you provided about Alien are not the case. Whether the changes came from the producers or not, they took place while the script was being developed and before the director came on board. None of them seem to have gone against Scott's wishes, or even O'Bannon's for the most part - whatever ambivalence he had about the Ash subplot he seems to have gotten over it.

And I understand where Peng is coming from perfectly. There's been a mean-spirited, venomous streak about your posts and it has been like that for a long time. What makes it weirder is that none else is that aggressive here. There's the occasional scuffle but it's not the style of the forum at all.

What makes it weirder is that none else is that aggressive here. There's the occasional scuffle but it's not the style of the forum at all.
    Ohhh i dont know about that. I've been in the middle of most of them. But that's neither here or nor there. I'd like to move past this if we can. We all enjoy each other's takes on movies which is the most important thing about movie discussions.

Yeah Ok, me too.

- - - - -
    Look, I don't think what I'm saying is as complicated as you make it out to be.
    It wasn't complicated at all.

Well, except for the part where you somehow misconstrued what I said, every time I opened my mouth, and responded with a series of posts that were verifiably inaccurate.

That was complicated. And strangely, done for no real purpose.

There's been a mean-spirited, venomous streak about your posts and it has been like that for a long time.
    You of all people are gonna tone police now? lol, okay

Yeah Ok, me too.
    lol, you absolute weasel.

ETA: Well now I've gone and edited this post several minutes later. My sincerest apologies, Chom Phon Peng. I hope your facial tic doesn't get worse.

You are still wrong, what you said about Alien is still false and you're an asshole.

You of all people are gonna tone police now? lol, okay
    And what's this supposed to mean? No policing, it's just there is no call for being as consistently shitty with everyone here as you are.

And what's this supposed to mean? No policing, it's just there is no call for being as consistently shitty with everyone here as you are.
    For real, you're quite possibly the single most reasonable and calmest poster on this entire forum. That's just an incredibly bizarre retort there. :\

Hands up if you've if ever called someone a name on the forums before.

*Hands up*

We all overreact at times.

Hands up if you've if ever called someone a name on the forums before.

*Hands up*

We all overreact at times.
    DukeFuckEm

*Stands Up*

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    You are still wrong, what you said about Alien is still false and you're an asshole.
    The sources say otherwise. But you go ahead and believe whatever crazy shit you like. You usually do, all evidence to the contrary.

And what's this supposed to mean?
    You know, for a long time I made allowances because English is not your first language. But now I'm wondering if you're this fucking dumb in Spanish, too.

No policing, it's just there is no call for being as consistently shitty with everyone here as you are.
    Everyone, huh? Everyone.

If you want to cry because I'm being mean to you, that's fine. I am being mean to you. But don't try and make it about the whole board because we both know that's not true.

Doomsday blew up Krypton's moon.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Doomsday blew up Krypton's moon.
    Bruce Willis was alive the whole time.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter