Page 83 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 3495

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    In other DC news, apparently the RT score isn't being released until tonight.
    So it looks like they forgot to block it on the API because the RT score showed up on the Flixter app.

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    I'm honestly surprised it's getting some serviceable reviews. Seitz, Robinson, Ebiri, and Turan are reviewers I respect.

I'm not giving them my money but that's about as much as I thought it would be.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I may not go to this at all in theaters.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I might hit a Sunday morning viewing.

A review popped up with the title: "Justice League is agonizing to watch and Zack Synder is to blame"

Apparently Wonder Woman plot feels shoehorned. And everyone is brooding more than ever before.

Wonder Woman is brooding over losing Chris Pine
    Cyborg is brooding over understanding his powers
    Batman is brooding over getting old
    Flash is the standout lighthearted super hero we have been waiting for in a DC film.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I'll probably see it 2 months later like I did with Spidey. There's no way I'm seeing it before Killing of a Sacred Deer and Lady Bird and Wonderstruck and the rest of the fucking list I have on my chalkboard of movies I keep meaning to go see but hindered by other things coming up this past week.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

A review popped up with the title: "Justice League is agonizing to watch and Zack Synder is to blame"
    This isn't useful without knowing who the reviewer is and if the reviewer is worth a damn and what the actual content of the review is.

"Justice League" adds wit, invention, color and warmth as it goes along, a strategy befitting a story about characters (and a world) waking up from emotional sleep and learning to take risks and care again. The movie wears its big themes on its sleeves, or breastplates, expressing them via on-the-nose dialogue and brazenly metaphorical images, like the climactic shots of flowers blooming in vivid color and a stirring image of two Amazon warriors, representatives of a society that bears an unimaginable burden, bracing their shoulders against a closing stone door like sisters of Atlas. But that’s what films like this do, just as Westerns and zombie movies and other genre films did before them. “Justice League” is an honorable example of how to work in that mode with skill and a poker face.
    - Matt Zoller Seitz, RogerEbert.com

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    This isn't useful without knowing who the reviewer
    Unless the reviewer is Armond White, why does this matter?

Unless the reviewer is Armond White, why does this matter?
    Because reviewers are diverse, and I disagree with many of them often, to the point that I dislike some on principle.

I love hearing this:

Almost as moving is the newfound reasonableness of Batman, a miserable loner who seems to have been shocked into sensitivity (at least as much sensitivity as Bruce Wayne is capable of) by the death of Superman, an event for which he assumes primary responsibility. There are moments where you wonder if he's trying to build a team not just to save the planet but to give himself a circle of friends and a reason to check in with them every day.
    One of the best running jokes in the Justice League cartoon was Batman constantly insisting that he's really only a reserve member because he works best alone, and the others teasing him about how much they all love him back.

Remember, folks, your goth friends need love, too.
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    In other DC news, apparently the RT score isn't being released until tonight. I guess studios have control over that? WB is so scared of bad reviews this time around...
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I read that it was a decision by RT to promote some facebook show they're launching, and they're trying to combat their own aggregator being misinterpreted.
    Just a coda on this. Rotten Tomatoes is owned by Fandango, the online ticketer. Warner Bros. has a minority stake in RT, too. The studio embargoed reviews until 2 days before release and Fandango isn't releasing the score until after Thursday night screenings.

So their explanation that they want to "combat their own aggregator being misinterpreted" seems pretty f'ing dubious. (If they really cared, they'd fix their own idiotic methodology in aggregating reviews before doing anything else.)

My guess is we'll see more of this, especially when studios and publicists don't have much confidence in the film.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    So it looks like they forgot to block it on the API because the RT score showed up on the Flixter app.
    Possible oversight? Curious because they blocked it from Google. (And who uses Flixster?!)

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Just a coda on this. Rotten Tomatoes is owned by Fandango, the online ticketer. Warner Bros. has a minority stake in RT, too. The studio embargoed reviews until 2 days before release and Fandango isn't releasing the score until after Thursday night screenings.

So their explanation that they want to "combat their own aggregator being misinterpreted" seems pretty f'ing dubious. (If they really cared, they'd fix their own idiotic methodology in aggregating reviews before doing anything else.)

My guess is we'll see more of this, especially when studios and publicists don't have much confidence in the film.
    Oh, no doubt. We're already seeing it with WB in general; they embargoed Wonder Woman until the Tuesday before release, if I recall right, and that one got uniformly positive reviews. I read somewhere that this weird delay is also partly so they can promote their new see it / skip it online show.

And agreeance with the bolded portion.

Possible oversight? Curious because they blocked it from Google. (And who uses Flixster?!)
    I use flixter because it's where I can access a lot of my digital movie codes.

I believe they've since corrected it once people discovered the bug and spread around the screenshot.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    This isn't useful without knowing who the reviewer is and if the reviewer is worth a damn and what the actual content of the review is.
    I dug around a bit and looks like it was Jason Guerrasio of BusinessInsider.com...soooo... yeah.

Jesus Christ!

[]
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Looks like those reviews I read trashing the mustache CG didn’t exaggerate.
    Movie Theater Diary

How many sets of lips does he have!?

[]
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

So, Joss Whedon no longer directing Batgirl is the new hot rumor...

Story is currently developing... I guess WB is prepping a statement soon.

Weird...

Ah, access journalism.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Jesus Christ!

[]
    Yeah, that's the worst moment in terms of Demustachio Kent.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Ah, access journalism.
    No kidding huh? Talk about having zero integrity.