Page 133 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 3495

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

Commercial with more D'Seid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-whkeJMCic
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

"All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Who was asking for footage of Darkseid's Omega Beam?

[]
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Me.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Skitch has really turned me around on this Synder stuff. I'm kind of excited for this, at least at the unprecedented turn of events regarding a director's cut.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I want to be very clear on my expectations, this could still be a total shit show. I'm not saying this is going to be a masterpiece or something. My only declaration is that I bet it will be better then Josstice League, which IS a total shit show. Think about this...we aren't going to have any weird Henry Cavill upper lip stuff. Boom, its already one up on Josstice League

Well, David S. Goyer isn't involved, so there's one possible ray of hope.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

So does SuperMan have a mustache then???

Haven't seen this or BvS by the way.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

The reason they had to remove Cavill's moustache was due to reshoots. At the time Whedon started them, Cavill was already working on Mission Impossible and couldn't shave it off.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

BvS is one of the most frustrating movies I've seen in many years.

So many moments and ideas that are freaking brilliant.

Then they ruin it all by having this need to set up an entire cinematic universe in one movie.

The first half has some amazing stuff.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)

Then they ruin it all by having this need to set up an entire cinematic universe in one movie.

Yeh if they remove the Martha scene and Doomsday and maybe make Wonder Woman just her Diana character Bruce Wayne interacts with ... the movie would be a lot less frantic.

Doomsday could have been it's own movie.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Yeh if they remove the Martha scene and Doomsday and maybe make Wonder Woman just her Diana character Bruce Wayne interacts with ... the movie would be a lot less frantic.

Doomsday could have been it's own movie.
    Yeah, Doomsday felt really tacked on.

Killing Superman in his second movie was a huge mistake. It should have been something that hit hard and devastated audiences.

Doomsday and the Death of Superman story should have been their closing story.

Final trailer, likely. Which means there's some slightly spoilery stuff in here, tho who knows how much is misdirection.

--Homer

It's true; I mean, the warehouse scene? Easily the best live-action Batfight ever filmed, easily

:

But it's stuck in the middle of all this other crap that doesn't work, like The Flash(?) fucking coming out of Bruce's computer after that already super-confusing "knightmare" sequence, stuff that never payed off in Justice League anyway, so what was the point?

Quote Quoting StuSmallz (view post)
    But it's stuck in the middle of all this other crap that doesn't work, like The Flash(?) fucking coming out of Bruce's computer after that already super-confusing "knightmare" sequence, stuff that never payed off in Justice League anyway, so what was the point?
    All the Knightmare stuff is supposed to be fixed in Synder's version.

Remember, Justice League was supposed to be a two part movie, with a huge cliffhanger. And Part 2 takes place mainly in the Knightmare world.

Right, and Snyder laid out his five movie plan after MOS (which included Flashpoint I think). Then after Avengers and the success of the MCU, WB panicked and commence JL fiasco. Just imagine having your story greenlit, then in the middle the studio changes their mind. Of course the movie didn't make sense and didn't pay stuff off.

Am I defending Snyderverse? Of course not, I've only seen half of it. Im just saying that these actions would make any series of films not make sense.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Right, and Snyder laid out his five movie plan after MOS (which included Flashpoint I think). Then after Avengers and the success of the MCU, WB panicked and commence JL fiasco. Just imagine having your story greenlit, then in the middle the studio changes their mind. Of course the movie didn't make sense and didn't pay stuff off.

Am I defending Snyderverse? Of course not, I've only seen half of it. Im just saying that these actions would make any series of films not make sense.
    100%

And Snyder has been pretty open recently about the fact that WB is DONE with his DC stuff now.

Personally I believe a large part if that is an attempt to move on from the Ray Fisher stuff.

Personally I believe a large part if that is an attempt to move on from the Ray Fisher stuff.
    For sure. For sure! I just hope that the rest of the filmmaking community keeps Ray going. From what I've seen, he seems like good actor. Hes a hell of a guy on his twitch streams.

For sure. For sure! I just hope that the rest of the filmmaking community keeps Ray going. From what I've seen, he seems like good actor. Hes a hell of a guy on his twitch streams.
    Agreed. I just think he made too many waves and might have blacklisted himself because of it.

Which is all kinds of fucked up.

100%

And Snyder has been pretty open recently about the fact that WB is DONE with his DC stuff now.

I don't think so. They were done with Sunder after Batman v Superman reviews and poor box office performance.

I don't think so. They were done with Sunder after Batman v Superman reviews and poor box office performance.
    Correct, but I think they're double done with Snyderverse because of Ray.

Hey in other news, I heard The Batman finished principal...I also heard they made that first trailer after only 25% filmed? Skeptical, but that would be wild if true.

Correct, but I think they're double done with Snyderverse because of Ray.

Hey in other news, I heard The Batman finished principal...I also heard they made that first trailer after only 25% filmed? Skeptical, but that would be wild if true.
    They were OFFIICCLY done with the Snyderverse when Justice League grossed less than $200 million domestically. The Ray Fisher stuff came out years after. Having Whedon take over was just a smokescreen for what was already decided.

They were OFFIICCLY done with the Snyderverse when Justice League grossed less than $200 million domestically. The Ray Fisher stuff came out years after. Having Whedon take over was just a smokescreen for what was already decided.
    The Fisher stuff came out publicly later, but he was bringing up stuff internally. I don't know anything, I'm saying I feel there was a chance for Snyderverse, but after Ray went public, getting rid of Snyderverse was the easiest way get rid of Ray. Who knows.

The Fisher stuff came out publicly later, but he was bringing up stuff internally. I don't know anything, I'm saying I feel there was a chance for Snyderverse, but after Ray went public, getting rid of Snyderverse was the easiest way get rid of Ray. Who knows.
    To me it seemed like internally, WB wasn't doing a god damn thing about the Fisher complaints, which is why Fisher went public in the first place. I dont think WB were too bothered by whatever it is Fisher was upset about.

But you're right.. who knows.

Yep I agree.