Page 97 of 140 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 3495

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

Anyone else feel that Bosslogic has become the sort of sneaky, testing-the-waters, putting-feelers-out-there way for studios to take the temperature of people's reactions to things like, sayyyy, casting the next Bruce Wayne/Batman? Maybe I'm cynical as hell, but he seems to post awfully coincidental what-ifs sometimes. I have to wonder if studios are nudging him in certain directions to gauge reactions, or if it's happening naturally.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Never even knew what Bosslogic was until your post.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I'd be surprised if you hadn't seen his fanart around the internet. His work's pretty pervasive. And he does come up with some good stuff. But I wonder haha....
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

- - - - -
    There's easier ways to do market research using social media ... but yeah, maybe?

Among millennials!? It's been proven they won't buy movie tickets unless they see Elon Musk in their avocado toast.

--Homer

My wife made me avocado toast yesterday. IT was excellent.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Nothing wrong with Avocado Toast at all.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I love how DC just finished telling everyone how they’re putting the DCEU on the back burner to focus on solo films, and now they’re all like,

“Aquaman was a hit! So here’s an idea...an Aquaman cinematic universe!!!”

Some whispers that Armie Hammer will be the new Batman.

--Homer

New Shazam! trailer:

--Homer

Shazam looks like some good stupid fun.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

- - - - -
    I like this character a fair bit but have some reservations about Levi.

As with other recent DC offers, "Justice League Unlimited" did a good coupla arcs with the character back in the day. I think it'd be hard to top that.

I try not to pay too much attention to early reactions to films because it's usually fluff from target demo, but Shazam seems to have screened rather early, no? I take that as a better sign than even what the talking heads are saying, at least as far as studio confidence.

That looks awesome.

Kevin Tsujihara will step down as chief executive of AT&T Inc.’s Warner Bros. studio following a report that he had an affair with a young actress and made inquiries about casting her in Warner productions,

https://www.wsj.com/articles/warner-...d=hp_lead_pos1

Producer
    Now this is a throwback lol:

Zack Snyder Defends Batman Killing People in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 'Wake the F**k Up'

"Someone says to me: Batman killed a guy. I'm like, f**k, really?," Snyder said, per Comic Book. "Wake the f**k up! I guess that's what I'm saying. Once you lost your virginity to this fucking movie and then you come and say to me something about like 'my superhero wouldn’t do that.' I'm like 'Are you serious?' I'm like down the f**king road on that. It's a cool point of view to be like 'my heroes are innocent'…That's cool. But you're living in a f**king dream world."
    My mental image of him saying that:

Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Yeh I read that. I kinda get it though- like maybe this version of Batman was so scarred by the Man of Steel events that it forced him to resort to that kind of violence? Combine that with the ambiguity of the Dark Knight Returns comic. I just wish he wasn't so flippant about it.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Yeh I read that. I kinda get it though- like maybe this version of Batman was so scared by the Man of Steel events that it forced him to resort to that kind of violence? Combine that with the ambiguity of the Dark Knight Returns comic. I just wish he wasn't so flippant about it.
    Agree. Although I felt it wasnt very ambiguious in the comic. Felt like he killed people for sure. Even then he was only flippant about crippling people, not killing.

Reminder: While I defend BvS, I've always been clear I don't like him killing. Thats not Batman...until hes like really old, 60s+. I also dont like all the guns!
    Last edited by Skitch; 03-25-2019 at 05:44 PM.

My post should say scarred not scared.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    My post should say scarred not scared.
    I think scared is entirely valid as well. Alfred said as much in the Batcave. I understand Batman having those motivations. Mowing down random henchmen in a hail of gatling gun spray not so much.

Producer
    Just found out there’s actual footage of that part:

Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

is this the thread for the Phoenix Joker movie?

Footage has been shown at Cinemacon. Apparently, it's like Taxi Driver and Requiem for a Dream.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/04/jo...on-1202055356/

[+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Page 97 of 140 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast