Page 101 of 140 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3495

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

It's just sad to think we now live in a world where producers would hesitate to release Taxi Driver because of Twitter.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    It's just sad to think we now live in a world where producers would hesitate to release Taxi Driver because of Twitter.
    Why would they hesitate to release Taxi Driver?

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Apparently the script was an earlier leak and they had gone through more than a few rewrites since. But despite that, this “If we don’t like it or find it problematic, you have to change it OR ELSE” mentality of the Internet hive mind is really starting to unsettle me. It’s already broken through with Sonic, and I have a bad feeling there’s more damage to come.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Why would they hesitate to release Taxi Driver?
    It's a movie about a loner who obsesses over a woman he doesn't know and then finds a release through violence.

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    Apparently the script was an earlier leak and they had gone through more than a few rewrites since. But despite that, this “If we don’t like it or find it problematic, you have to change it OR ELSE” mentality of the Internet hive mind is really starting to unsettle me. It’s already broken through with Sonic, and I have a bad feeling there’s more damage to come.

Yep, I completely agree. See my post in random thoughts.

Fans are seriously the worst part of any nerdy hobby. It’s why I have zero interest in attending any cons. I don’t want to even be around those whiny, entitled idiots.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    It's a movie about a loner who obsesses over a woman he doesn't know and then finds a release through violence.
    I would argue that that’s not only an incredibly reductive reading of the film, but also kind of...incorrect.

McWeeny’s tweets (if true) just confirm that this subtext is noticeable.
    Went to his Twitter to find the tweets and could barely get thru them because of how utterly, unfathomably obnoxious he is in virtually every interaction he has with people saying fuck-all anything to him in replies. Holy shit. He takes the worst possible interpretation of just about anything people say to him. Lord.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

I have no idea who he is, and I’m not on Twitter.

Just agreeing with his statement that Joker looks like something edgy 30 year old neck beards will watch and sympathize with a fucking monster of a human being.

I unfollowed Drew a long, long time ago. No intention of giving his take on a script any time of my own.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Trailer reactions are one thing, but both Drew and the rabid DC fanbase are not doing themselves any favors.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    rabid DC fanbase
    hahaha

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    hahaha
    This is a fact. I'm referring to the exchanges in that string from twitter handles such as DCUXxXx.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

This is a fact. I'm referring to the exchanges in that string from twitter handles such as DCUXxXx.
    Cool. Can I assume all my interactions with MCUrulezz69 speak for the majority of the fanbase? Because I don't.

Hold on, let me double check the googles real quick...well I'll be damned. Look at all these articles about how awesome the DCEU is. Amazing. Its everyone. Literally no one hates it anymore. Rabid idiots those DC people.

Your rambling. I don't know what tell you other than to read through the exchanges to which my comment was referencing.

I also dont know why you take such personal offense every time I bring up DC. It's weirding me out.

Your rambling. I don't know what tell you other than to read through the exchanges to which my comment was referencing.

I also dont know why you take such personal offense every time I bring up DC. It's weirding me out.
    Because you leap at any chance to crap on DC and get uber defensive at the mildest criticism of anything MCU related. We've been over this. But yeah, rabid DC fanbase. Sure.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Because you leap at any chance to crap on DC and get uber defensive at the mildest criticism of anything MCU related. We've been over this. But yeah, rabid DC fanbase. Sure.
    Dude, my comment was on topic and in a discussion that you weren't even participating in. No one is talking about the MCU here but you. I'd say you're proving my point but that would be a fucking understatement. Get a grip!

Forget it. I forgot the rules of MC, "don't get hooked by Dukes DC trolling". You fired shots first dude. Also, your DC twitter troll is on twitter, not here.

Fired the first shot? You somehow took the conversation on twitter with yourself as one in the same. That's a you thing. I'm definitely not involved with that.

I believe you. I believe that you don't understand why stuff you say is abrasive. I believe you that you are confused by this conversation.

Hey, heres a trailer for Batman: Hush.

I would argue that that’s not only an incredibly reductive reading of the film, but also kind of...incorrect.
    Yeah, well, it's less than 140 characters or whatever Twitter allows.

Producer
    No meg, reductive is not giving people credit to recognize a Taxi Driver layer type of script when they see one (a lot of good critics/journalists in McWeeny’s replies, I mean).
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Producer
    In other news, this is kind of left-field and pretty wild?

Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    In other news, this is kind of left-field and pretty wild?

I like it.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    I love it and I'm very excited for it.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd