Page 38 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Also probably after Lex Luthor's gone all Iago on him.

Eh, I hope that's not a dream sequence. It would be too Silver Age of Snyder.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Eh, I hope that's not a dream sequence. It would be too Silver Age of Snyder.
    It probably is. They plopped a similar stake-establishing post-apoc dream sequence in the middle of Man of Steel.

I hope that everything with Ben Affleck is a dream sequence, and in reality he takes the mask off and it's Christian Bale. And in a crazy franchise-clash, he's John Connor. John Connor is Batman, and Superman is a Terminator. This will be a post-Death of Superman story, so Superman's terminator look is in keeping with Cyborg Superman.

Their final battle takes place on the moon as it cascades through space towards earth.

At the end it was all a dream. Alfred's dream. Batman and Superman never actually existed.

Or maybe...he is their dream?

I N C E P T I O N
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

What was that about Snyder having good trailers? Cause look at this.

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

The soundbite at the end when the music comes on after silence will keep me lol-ing for days.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    - Already like Affleck's Batman/Wayne better than anybody else's.

- What the fuck is Eisenberg doing? Is that really his performance? Why didn't anybody stop him from doing that?

- This movie has waaaaaaay too much going on. They're introducing 4 major characters into the New Supes universe?

- Snyder is terrible. Just saying that in general.

- American fanboys will bitch and moan (eg Faraci) but this movie will rule overseas.

That looks terrible. Who approved Doomsday to be the villain?
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    What the fuck is Eisenberg doing?

Just when the last trailer intrigued so much, they decided to go ahead and just inexplicably give away the entire fucking movie for really no reason whatsoever. I really don't understand why studios continue to do this. They can really learn a thing or two from the new Star Wars trailers in terms of actually showing restraint, building interest, without actually showing much of anything or giving away the whole movie. Now, though, with this? My excitement for it has only plummeted. :\

Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    Just when the last trailer intrigued so much, they decided to go ahead and just inexplicably give away the entire fucking movie for really no reason whatsoever. I really don't understand why studios continue to do this. They can really learn a thing or two from the new Star Wars trailers in terms of actually showing restraint, building interest, without actually showing much of anything or giving away the whole movie. Now, though, with this? My excitement for it has only plummeted. :\
    Yeah, totally unnecessary Doomsday reveal, which makes me less excited to see the movie if anything. lol Eisenberg seems like he's trying too hard to channel Gene Hackman in some weird way, but I'm thinking when Lex loses his hair/wig onscreen is when he'll unveil the "real" Lex.

Agreed. The Doomsday and WW scene was completely unnecessary - that could have waited until the actual movie. The people who make trailers seem convinced that you won't watch the films unless you know everything that will happen in them.

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    Perhaps they figured that with so much superhero power (and the trailer does make it look like Bats and Supes are teaming up after all) they needed a big ugly green monster on the other side to at least give audiences the feeling that it could go pear-shaped, that there would be some opposition.

Which just reinforces what a stupid idea this is. Are the comics Batman vs. Superman filled with huge amounts of potential for a movie? Are they actually good reads?

What be next? Robocop vs. Terminator?
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

- - - - -
    I read an article in one of the trades (Hollywood Reporter?) awhile back that said studios do this because it helps first weekend sales. The average moviegoer visits the theater 6 times a year. People want to know what they're buying. They don't want mystery. They don't want to leave their evening out to chance. (This succeeds for the same reason fast food chains succeed; the thinking is the same.)

Star Wars is a different beast entirely. The brand is established to such an extent that they don't need to advertise anything else.

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    it could go pear-shaped
    I love that expression.

Quote Quoting Morris Schaeffer
    Which just reinforces what a stupid idea this is. Are the comics Batman vs. Superman filled with huge amounts of potential for a movie? Are they actually good reads?
    Eh, they've been writing Batman/Superman crossovers since the 1940s. Some of them are bound to be good reads.

This is clearly a "road to Justice League" movie, though. The potential is in the DC Universe itself.

By the way, did I watch that trailer wrong or did Batman brand Aquaman with a bat-shaped scar? That has to make their inevitable collaboration a little shaky.

Had to watch it on mute since I'm at work, but good lord. I had such high hopes after the nice last trailer. What's with all the juddery, visual stammering? To remind people it's a Snyder movie? And then there's Muppet Babies Lex. And they have a cave troll.

Feeling a little bummed. Hope it's still fun at least.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Wow, that trailer made this movie look like garbage now.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    ANd how the fuck wkas this kept under wraps until now??

I mean Jesus..................

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Wow I really disagree with you guys. I thought it looks cool. :/

What in sweet hell is Jesse Eisenberg doing?

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)

Max Landis is a known egomaniac. He probably thinks Superman is based on him, too.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Wow, that trailer made this movie look like garbage now.
    Time to place our hope and faith where it belongs.

[]

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    ANd how the fuck wkas this kept under wraps until now??
    Apparently, it wasn't. Doomsday's appearance was an open secret among the fanboy bloggers. (Faraci and El Mayimbe wrote about it 6 months ago).

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Wow I really disagree with you guys. I thought it looks cool. :/
    I'll let you guys be the guinea pigs for me again.

If you collectively talk about this like Avengers, I'll see it in the theaters. If you talk about it like Ultron, I'll wait for the DVD.

It may end up being a fine movie, but I definitely dont want to see it on opening night anymore.

So from what I gather they reanimated Zod's corpse into Doomsday? THe CGI face kinda resembles Michael Shannon.

There were rumors that was happening months ago.