Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 3495

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    I told you before! Those pics were meant for Skitch! HOW DARE YOU
    Framed 8x10s in my office, baby

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Framed 8x10s in my office, baby
    Hey, that's not bad! Anything 10 inches long will do me a fair amount of credit!

[
    ]

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Hey, that's not bad! Anything 10 inches long will do me a fair amount of credit!

[
    ]
    LOTS of zoom, bruh, but does the trick

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Didn't you say it doesn't matter how much they're paid? (maybe it was someone else.)
    I just meant that Whedon's career is obviously damaged by comments such as these, but people see it as justice because he is theoretically a rich person. Probably not Depp level, but wealthy. I'd say that's a consequence of his work and ethic and luck. Doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a private life. But I was mostly referring to the ex-wife thing, since Fisher's post is work-related.

For the record, I don't think cheating on your spouse contradicts being a feminist or whatever you believe in. It's a matter that should be dealt with by the two or three people involved and not the internet. I had an ex girlfriend who was pathologically jealous and used to go on angry, violent rants against women for that reason, yet identified as feminist.

Quote Quoting Skitch
    I would like someone to tell me if I was applying for a job with a guy that was an asshole. I don't understand why you think its bad of any employee to say "hey that guy is an asshole". (obviously Fisher's comments haven't been explained yet, I know)
    I think it's bad because of the level of exposure these guys have. Fisher basically said nothing worth while, yet because of his post, a huge chunk of people now think Whedon is a horrible person and would welcome any future project by him with trepidation. He's effectively hurting the guy's career without going through the normal process of a serious accusation.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    For the record, I don't think cheating on your spouse contradicts being a feminist or whatever you believe in.
    I don't either. I never heard that story before.

I think it's bad because of the level of exposure these guys have. Fisher basically said nothing worth while, yet because of his post, a huge chunk of people now think Whedon is a horrible person and would welcome any future project by him with trepidation. He's effectively hurting the guy's career without going through the normal process of a serious accusation.
    I don't think twitterverse is as a huge a chunk as some believe. Hollywood has never cared if people are assholes, his career would only be damaged if he was a pain in the ass to studios or his films bombed. Neither have really happened (I think?).

I am not seeing that reported anywhere.

So yeah, not believing it at this point.

Only if he gets a phoenix tattoo on his chest.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Yeh I believe that as much as I believe that Disney is "reconning" the last three movies in the Saga entirely.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Yeh I believe that as much as I believe that Disney is "reconning" the last three movies in the Saga entirely.
    haha saw that too. Also think both stories are garbage clickbait. Believe it when I see it.

I will say this about that rumor...

BvS and JL were both atrocious messes. But Ben Affleck's Batman was one of the few positives in both movies.

I'm still seeing that story literally nowhere, so I think we can officially throw it in the BS pile.

As I thought.

Skitch, "Cosmic Book News" is a known garbage clickbait shithole that passes off as a "publication" and gets featured in the News aggregates. People usually misread the name and confuse it with legit comic book resources, and they just post nonsense that fuels fanboy clicks with fantasies and/or outrage bait.

Sent from my Mi 9 Lite using Tapatalk

Yep its now on the list of shit I ignore.

GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF?????????????

https://amz.onl/dCt6xTK

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Oh shit... wrong thread

Watched BvS again last night, second time seeing it.

There's something absolutely brilliant in there, hidden under a maze of bad effects, unnecessary plot threads, and Jesse Eisenberg.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Watched BvS again last night, second time seeing it.

There's something absolutely brilliant in there, hidden under a maze of bad effects, unnecessary plot threads, and Jesse Eisenberg.
    [Not arguing with you on those thoughts]

I am so damn curious about how BvS would play out if Snyder had continued to make his full JL1&2 vision. Hmm. Add it to the list of rando thoughts I have that this Snyder cut may make or break.

Jesse Eisenberg's snot was MVP.

Holly Hunter was a close second.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting Zack Synder
    "I have famously teased the runtime at 214 minutes. Now in its current state, it's going to end up being longer than that yet. So, it's exciting to be bringing all this new material to the fans - they get to see all these crazy and awesome new sequences, and I think that's going to be really exciting for everyone."
    It's going to be over 3.5 hours long?

I don't understand how they are doing all this without reshoots.

Are we just going to get a whole lot of half baked CGI?

They aren't spending nearly enough money to get that much photorealistic stuff on the screen.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I don't understand how they are doing all this without reshoots.

Are we just going to get a whole lot of half baked CGI?

They aren't spending nearly enough money to get that much photorealistic stuff on the screen.
    I thought I read they are doing $20 million worth of post production and a few reshoots.

I haven't read that.

I just remember back when they said, what, $35 million was needed for it? And then someone said they WISHED it was only going to cost $35 million?

And I didn't think any of it was reshoots.

I mean, that's good news if that's the case.

Yeah I haven't heard anything about reshoots, just post-production. Supposedly his photography was done.