Page 116 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 3495

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

Good god, that's awful.

At this point I wish I could see less and less of this movie hoping the end result surprises me. I like Matt Reeves a lot on the strenght of his Apes trilogy.

As bad as it looks in those photos, I'm looking forward to seeing some finalized footage.

It's the most Bill Finger-y costume we've seen since the 70 year old serials.

Yes please!

Love that the new batmobile looks like it's an old American muscle car that's been suped up and had bat wings welded onto it.

Freaking cool.

They're really going for the "home made" look with everything.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Love that the new batmobile looks like it's an old American muscle car that's been suped up and had bat wings welded onto it.

Freaking cool.

They're really going for the "home made" look with everything.
    I love it too. The engine in the back of the thing is bananas.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Had to go look up what you guys are talking about. Holy shit that looks awesome. Reminds me a bit of the Batmobile in The Batman animated series (the one from the 2000s). I really liked that Batmobile.

Man, that looks good! Reminds me a little bit of the Batmobile Norm Breyfogle used to draw.

Images together in one place:

https://imgur.com/a/xHtcP3a
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Yeh that does look good.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

K can I tell you what the biggest fundamental flaw of the DC movie universe is?

Superman is built up so much, so quickly (just like everyone/thing else) that the emotional hit we are supposed to have with him gone just...doesn't happen. It's not even a thud, it just isn't there.

In Justice League, all of the talk of him being a "beacon of hope" - and from Batman of all people - leaves you feeling like you missed an entire movie's worth of events that support these statements. Why did people see Superman as a beacon of hope? Was it defeating Zod? Because the next movie shows most people being pretty pissed about the fallout from that fight, and the presence of an alien with world-ending powers.

They took what makes Superman himself and ditched that in favour of a guy who's like, really strong. And fast.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    K can I tell you what the biggest fundamental flaw of the DC movie universe is?

Superman is built up so much, so quickly (just like everyone/thing else) that the emotional hit we are supposed to have with him gone just...doesn't happen. It's not even a thud, it just isn't there.

In Justice League, all of the talk of him being a "beacon of hope" - and from Batman of all people - leaves you feeling like you missed an entire movie's worth of events that support these statements. Why did people see Superman as a beacon of hope? Was it defeating Zod? Because the next movie shows most people being pretty pissed about the fallout from that fight, and the presence of an alien with world-ending powers.

They took what makes Superman himself and ditched that in favour of a guy who's like, really strong. And fast.
    Well in Batman v Superman there's a huge stretch where he's seen saving people from floods, he saved astronauts from a launch disaster, he saved people in a burning building in mexico, pulled a ship out of the ice... so I think it was Batman v Superman where all the good he's doing carries over into Justice League.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Well in Batman v Superman there's a huge stretch where he's seen saving people from floods, he saved astronauts from a launch disaster, he saved people in a burning building in mexico, pulled a ship out of the ice... so I think it was Batman v Superman where all the good he's doing carries over into Justice League.
    I see that for sure, but I didn't feel like they showed people actually being inspired by his actions, and wanting to be better themselves.

Batman has that little bit of a turn on him at the very end because of Martha (god that shit kills me) but there's not nearly enough reaction from him to justify the way he waxes poetic about Supes in Justice League.

I could just be overly romanticizing my favorite aspects of the character, but I wish they would have at least shown how the other heroes in the JL were affected by his loss.

Snyder wants you to get that from shots like this:

Wonder Woman DTV? Game-changer.

Something I wouldn't go to theaters to see but would definitely purchase from my couch. No doubt.

https://www.thewrap.com/wonder-woman...r-warner-bros/

Jesus.

Damn. By far my most anticipated movie this year. That’ll kinda suck if we can’t see it in the theater. Surely this whole mess won’t stretch that far out, right? :\

Now for that I would absolutely drop $20. Maybe even $30 as whole family would watch it.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Now for that I would absolutely drop $20. Maybe even $30 as whole family would watch it.
    If we’re looking at a future where new releases cost $20, it would certainly be one of the very few I’d actually be willing to pay that price for.

Producer
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    C’mon studio, we know her “Imagine” clip didn’t go that well but this reaction is over the top!!

In all seriousness, they might do it but likely not for something as big budget as this. Maybe for films more on The Way Back scale is more feasible.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Waiting for A24 to do something on the indie-end.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Surely this whole mess won’t stretch that far out, right? :\
    I'm terrified that soon we'll be so traumatized that we will beg them to postpone opening theatres.

- - - - -
    Warner Bros. Confirms ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Will Go to Theaters, Not Streaming

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/03/wo...us-1202219383/

Really bizarre video of Miller. Is this real?