Page 122 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 3495

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

Isn't the proposed Flash movie an adaption of the Flashpoint crossover event from a few years back, tho?

If that's the case, then I would think that Michael Keaton would be playing Thomas Wayne and not Bruce.

Flashpoint Spoiler: [
    ]
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

- - - - -
    I'll legit be surprised if they do Flash at all.

The CW show has been on for 5? 7? years and I'd think its longevity would kill interest in a standalone movie. "Flashpoint" has been done in a number of ways across different properties so that's not quite as fresh as it might otherwise have been (helluva great story tho).

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    The CW show has been on for 5? 7? years and I'd think its longevity would kill interest in a standalone movie.
    Nah. They already did a crossover with Ezra Miller's Flash, and those shows are built on the multiverse. I'd love to see a Flashpoint movie. Use the animated version as the template. I don't want Keaton as Thomas Wayne, we already have name actors as Thomas and Martha, and its perfect casting. Use them.

- - - - -
    I can't think of a situation where a movie successfully premiered while the tv show hadn't finished its run. (Maybe "Smallville," sorta, but the that show wasn't directly about Superman).

In market terms, they've cannibalized their own audience. Somebody at AT&T must be thinking: who's gonna pay a premium to see Flash in a movie theater when they've just seen him on TV for free?

The X-Files movie did alright back in '98. And anyway, I don't think any comic book nerd actually feels that way. Studios do try to prevent their licensed characters from appearing on TV shows regularly, but I don't think it makes an actual difference.

And if Keaton plays old Batman in any movie people will show up to see that.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Nah. They already did a crossover with Ezra Miller's Flash, and those shows are built on the multiverse. I'd love to see a Flashpoint movie. Use the animated version as the template. I don't want Keaton as Thomas Wayne, we already have name actors as Thomas and Martha, and its perfect casting. Use them.
    I honestly didn't know they did that.

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I honestly didn't know they did that.
    I love it. I LOVE IT. The shows completely apologetically have gone full multiverse just banking on their fans getting it, and they do. The fans aren't bothered at all. So theres no reason to not do the same with the Flash movie. Me reading tea leaves...it hinges on the Snyder cut. This universe was built on his base ideas. If Snyder cut is a critic/fan bust, Flash movie will be shelved again. Thats just my gut opinion. Hell I think a good chunk of DCEU is hanging on critical reception of Snyder cut.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    So theres no reason to not do the same with the Flash movie.
    Wait, what? Are you suggesting elements from the TV show will appear in the movie?

If Snyder cut is a critic/fan bust, Flash movie will be shelved again. Thats just my gut opinion. Hell I think a good chunk of DCEU is hanging on critical reception of Snyder cut.
    I dunno. The Snyder cut just seems like a naked attempt to boost interest in HBO Max, especially as the service lacks new material.

The audience for the Flash show is really small, and not nearly enough to support a feature film. I think Flash's future depends more on what AT&T plans to do with the rest of the universe, and that will depend much more on how audiences react to "The Batman" and "Wonder Woman 1984."

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Wait, what? Are you suggesting elements from the TV show will appear in the movie?
    No, I'm saying the core audience for this stuff can accept a multiverse and multiple people playing the role(s).

I dunno. The Snyder cut just seems like a naked attempt to boost interest in HBO Max, especially as the service lacks new material.

The audience for the Flash show is really small, and not nearly enough to support a feature film. I think Flash's future depends more on what AT&T plans to do with the rest of the universe, and that will depend much more on how audiences react to "The Batman" and "Wonder Woman 1984."
    I don't disagree, I mean in the context of the grey area of the current DCEU as it is carrying on.

I don't think the rabid masses that hollered for the Snyder cut would ever admit it if it sucked. But I think even Man of Steel sucked so I'm clearly the wrong audience for it.

Wait, what??

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

The Flash movie costume is so, so awful.

Generally the DC costumes have been terrible. Wonder Woman is the only good one.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    The Flash movie costume is so, so awful.

Generally the DC costumes have been terrible. Wonder Woman is the only good one.
    Agreed but I think the only cool one is Batman's which is the only movie version with which he could theoretically turn his head around.

You guys don't have any comment about my post??

Catching up...I believe that account is notorious for um...bullshit. Even Jesabel (about the most notorious DC fan twitter) says that acct is full of shit.

Who knows though.

I wouldn't mind though. I'm one of the few that dont think Green Lantern is a complete piece of shit. It's no brilliant masterpiece or anything, but it's no shitshow Fan4stic or half the X-Men movies.
    Last edited by Skitch; 06-24-2020 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Agreed but I think the only cool one is Batman's which is the only movie version with which he could theoretically turn his head around.
    Are you talking Batfleck? Because he most certainly could not turn his head in that.

Bale's in TDK and TDKR is the only one with head turnability.

- - - - -
    What Skitch said. Randolph doesn't have a good rep.

Besides that, movie studios aren't usually in the business of reminding audiences about their failures and Reynolds has publicly shat on "Green Lantern." I doubt anyone involved would reunite for a straight to VOD recut.

It sounds like something Ryan Reynolds floated behind the scenes as a joke.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Are you talking Batfleck? Because he most certainly could not turn his head in that.

Bale's in TDK and TDKR is the only one with head turnability.
    Are you serious? Bale's Batman is stiff as hell.

Batfleck fighting the goons who kidnapped Martha would be the best live action Batman scene ever if he wasn't murdering everybody on sight.

Batfleck fighting the goons who kidnapped Martha would be the best live action Batman scene ever if he wasn't murdering everybody on sight.
    It's way better in the Dark Knight

Batfleck is the best.

Remember this?

You don't remember in The Dark Knight when Fox makes his new armor, specifically so he can have better mobility and turn his head? Happened after he got his ass owned by some dogs.

And it's the suit he wears for the rest of the trilogy.

No argument Keaton is the stiffest.

But while I do remember that Fox scene now, I don't think either suit looked good or anatomically flexible in the way Batfleck's does.

Dont know why they just didn't do this from the start

I loved the concept and colour pallet of Batfleck's costume, but they spent so much OT on making him look beefy muscular, it kind of looks like he's fat.

Dont know why they just didn't do this from the start
    You have to start somewhere. Then you see what works and what doesn't and move forward. Baby steps.