Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (Season 4)

It was very effective for me. Lincoln is showing off his best work yet here, being completely overwhelmed by all, but still trying to preserve face. It's quite the season so far, without the need of outside forces.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Hershel: Guys you don't understand, no one else can distribute tea the way I can. It has to be me.

Herpderp.

Daryl: Oh man the camera needs to crane out, I better stay parked while it does that.

Derpdoodadeeda.

Some new Dumbass: I can't turn my head to the side, I have to cough blood right into your face.

DERPPPAPDPFJAEKLF::FAjld
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Getting a cold and watching this episode are not ideal.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

This "virus" that is going around the camp has a ridiculous mortality rate. Every single person dies from it. Seriously. That's a worse case fatality rate than Ebola.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Qrazy (view post)
    Hershel: Guys you don't understand, no one else can distribute tea the way I can. It has to be me.

Herpderp.

Daryl: Oh man the camera needs to crane out, I better stay parked while it does that.

Derpdoodadeeda.

Some new Dumbass: I can't turn my head to the side, I have to cough blood right into your face.

DERPPPAPDPFJAEKLF::FAjld
    Yup. These episodes are so fucking poorly written. So far Season 4 is the worst. On top of that, Comcast didn't record the last part of episode 3. Did it run longer than it usually does? Did I miss any important dialog between Rick and Carol?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Yup. These episodes are so fucking poorly written. So far Season 4 is the worst. On top of that, Comcast didn't record the last part of episode 3. Did it run longer than it usually does? Did I miss any important dialog between Rick and Carol?
    Yeah.

[
    ]

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Haha.. so I missed the most important part of the episode.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Seems out of character though. I don't think she could do anything that crazy. I could see her killing in the idea of defense, but not pulling them out to the back and burning them alive.

It does make her scene where she shrieks at Tyreese a little more significant.

Also, did you all know that episode was written by Robert Kirkman?

Last, despite a good amount of deaths this week, none were by a zombie.

I guess I'm the only one that liked this episode. The despair, frustration, and desperation are at their highest here. People are doing things without a moral conscience now. I like it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I've decided that show's a whole lot better when Maggie and Glenn aren't on it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I've decided that show's a whole lot better when Maggie and Glenn aren't on it.
    I haven't seen the last three episodes, but they're probably the only characters I care about whatsoever. And yet I kinda agree with you, they don't almost don't fit the show, with their constant reminders to me of how human beings behave.

EDIT: Maybe I care about Darryl too. But even then I forgot about him when I wrote this post.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Andrew Lincoln is seriously the worst. Look at the way he stupidly inclines his head when he's being intense.
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Quote Quoting Henry Gale (view post)
    I haven't seen the last three episodes, but they're probably the only characters I care about whatsoever. And yet I kinda agree with you, they don't almost don't fit the show, with their constant reminders to me of how human beings behave.
    They could fit the show, but they've had the same story since they initially fell in love with each other in season 2.

Everyone else has changed. In a downtridden way. Could you imagine if Rick Grimes was played by a better actor? That's a hell of a part that simply isn't getting the talent it should. But it's still working for me.

No character is a standout to me. But the ensemble works, not sure how that happens.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

So far this is the best season. Even better than 3.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Aside from a few nitpicks, I'm enjoying the season as much as I did S3.

Qrazy, why do you keep watching it if you hate it so much? I mean, if I were watching whatever Canadian show you have available on your special Canadian TVs, I dunno, like The Oh Geez Maple Syrup and Hockey Report, and I didn't like it, I wouldn't keep watching it.

Just sayin'.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Aside from a few nitpicks, I'm enjoying the season as much as I did S3.

Qrazy, why do you keep watching it if you hate it so much? I mean, if I were watching whatever Canadian show you have available on your special Canadian TVs, I dunno, like The Oh Geez Maple Syrup and Hockey Report, and I didn't like it, I wouldn't keep watching it.

Just sayin'.

Because I'm a completionist and have an inescapable compulsion to finish watching everything I begin.
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

"The Walking Dead renewed for a 17th season? Cool!"

"Did I just hear a scream from Montreal?"

All right. I'll face up to one problem I've had with the series for a while. Mind you, this doesn't keep me from enjoying it. As many of you probably already realize, zombies are probably my favorite movie/tv monster, so I'm not hard to please.

Rick and the group learned early on if they smeared themselves with zombie guts, they were less likely to get attacked. Why don't they do this more frequently when they're out and about? Sure, it's gross, but if it's a matter of life-and-dead-and-undeath, you'd think they'd do it a little more often.

Of course, with these new "sick" zombies, that idea would be thrown out the window.

All right. I'll face up to one problem I've had with the series for a while. Mind you, this doesn't keep me from enjoying it. As many of you probably already realize, zombies are probably my favorite movie/tv monster, so I'm not hard to please.

Rick and the group learned early on if they smeared themselves with zombie guts, they were less likely to get attacked. Why don't they do this more frequently when they're out and about? Sure, it's gross, but if it's a matter of life-and-dead-and-undeath, you'd think they'd do it a little more often.

Of course, with these new "sick" zombies, that idea would be thrown out the window.
    Because this show doesn't believe in attention to detail or continuity concerns.
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

I don't really understand the "sick" zombies.

I kind of just put that one up to complete uncertainty of the group I guess.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

How long could a virus survive in a corpse? I'm under the impression it could be a while.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    How long could a virus survive in a corpse? I'm under the impression it could be a while.
    In most cases, only a few hours. Under proper refrigerated conditions, the max is around 16 days for the HIV virus.

Source.

Then again, while zombies are putrefying, they'd still need a functional cardiovascular system to be able to move, which suggests oxygenated blood, which suggests a viable environment for pathogens, and let's also not forget that this is fucking Walking Dead.

All bets are off to me as far as trying to describe the science of what's going on. That's why I'm going with it.

It is a good point on why they don't cover themselves with guts. But then again, covering yourself with guts seems like a disgusting thing to do. I'd rather risk life. :lol:

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Yes, despite all its problems, there have been few shows that have made me care about the characters as well as Walking Dead has. Given how ready they are to knock off lead characters, there's always a sense of dread. Well, unless it's Rick or Daryl, they're pretty much untouchable.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Thought the specific focus this last episode had, not to mention the greatness of Wilson (seriously, how much does he shame Lincoln like, every episode?) was a nice change of pace from the first few episodes. The reveal at the end was hilarious, and I think intentionally so.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Prediction.

[
    ]

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast