Friend implored me to give this series another shot, even after I tried quitting during Season 2 and again after Season 3. Zombie show indeed.

Anyway, just saw the one episode end with the Governor, and noooooo. As in, boring.

Here's what sucks so far. The idea of a viral disease makes a lot of sense, as waves of secondary disease sweep populations historically. But ones that have pretty much 100% fatality rates? And there's never a clear sense of time or urgency. It feels like the drug search party is on a Sunday drive.

I get what Qrazy is saying about the patented Rick Lean.

Gilliard deserves a better backstory.

How dare they put Carol on a bus. She's the most interesting, best acted character in the bunch.

I do think the show has leveled up, insofar as it's shed enough crappy characters and actors to reach some consistently effective, if mild, melodramatics.

The production design has always been a high point of this show, along with the gore effects, even if the CG blood meshes poorly with the in-camera stuff.

For what it's worth, I'm not dreading new episodes anymore. There's a mild curiosity. Progress, I guess.