Thread: The Walking Dead (Season 4)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All right. I'll face up to one problem I've had with the series for a while. Mind you, this doesn't keep me from enjoying it. As many of you probably already realize, zombies are probably my favorite movie/tv monster, so I'm not hard to please.

Rick and the group learned early on if they smeared themselves with zombie guts, they were less likely to get attacked. Why don't they do this more frequently when they're out and about? Sure, it's gross, but if it's a matter of life-and-dead-and-undeath, you'd think they'd do it a little more often.

Of course, with these new "sick" zombies, that idea would be thrown out the window.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    All right. I'll face up to one problem I've had with the series for a while. Mind you, this doesn't keep me from enjoying it. As many of you probably already realize, zombies are probably my favorite movie/tv monster, so I'm not hard to please.

Rick and the group learned early on if they smeared themselves with zombie guts, they were less likely to get attacked. Why don't they do this more frequently when they're out and about? Sure, it's gross, but if it's a matter of life-and-dead-and-undeath, you'd think they'd do it a little more often.

Of course, with these new "sick" zombies, that idea would be thrown out the window.
    Because this show doesn't believe in attention to detail or continuity concerns.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

I don't really understand the "sick" zombies.

I kind of just put that one up to complete uncertainty of the group I guess.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

How long could a virus survive in a corpse? I'm under the impression it could be a while.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    How long could a virus survive in a corpse? I'm under the impression it could be a while.
    In most cases, only a few hours. Under proper refrigerated conditions, the max is around 16 days for the HIV virus.

Source.

Then again, while zombies are putrefying, they'd still need a functional cardiovascular system to be able to move, which suggests oxygenated blood, which suggests a viable environment for pathogens, and let's also not forget that this is fucking Walking Dead.

All bets are off to me as far as trying to describe the science of what's going on. That's why I'm going with it.

It is a good point on why they don't cover themselves with guts. But then again, covering yourself with guts seems like a disgusting thing to do. I'd rather risk life. :lol:

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Yes, despite all its problems, there have been few shows that have made me care about the characters as well as Walking Dead has. Given how ready they are to knock off lead characters, there's always a sense of dread. Well, unless it's Rick or Daryl, they're pretty much untouchable.

It Makes Me Feel Alone Sxottlan's Avatar
    I did like this previous episode for the focus on Hershel. Wilson did a great job.

Quote Quoting Qrazy (view post)
    Because this show doesn't believe in attention to detail or continuity concerns.
    This. Because I'm pretty sure this whole fence problem could have been solved if they simply did what Michonne did with her two "pets" last season. Break off the jaws and arms of walkers, string them up along the fence perimeter and you'd think it'd be enough to keep away the others. Andrea even did it at one point.

Then again, I never understood why everyone left the town and moved to a dank prison. Seemed like it should have been the other way around.
    Out of 4 stars:
    The Guest: ***1/2
    Furious 7: ***
    The Tale of Princess Kaguya: ***
    It Follows: ***1/2

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    The episode where Rick let Carol go must have been the worst written episode of the franchise thus far.

Except that I loved the scene with Daryl and the alchy. I just thought it was a really sloppy setup and execution.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I am always impressed with their music selection.

I loved last night's episode.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Seriously fucking agreed, meg. That might've been the best episode to date.