Thread: True Blood (Season 6)

It's all in the caffeine EvilShoe's Avatar

True Blood (Season 6)

Anyone else watching? Not the worst season so far, but kind of boring.
    Last movies seen
    Frank: Good
    Mistaken for Strangers: Good
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Good

Last TV seasons watched

Treme (S04): Good
    The Legend of Korra (S03): Good

Currently reading
    This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Watched the first episode and felt it was about as unremarkable (though a tad more enjoyable and potentially promising) than the previous year's premiere. Last year things eventually improved, but I think I'm going to let at least a few more weeks of it pile up so that I can just breeze through them all on a lazy afternoon, and hopefully by I'll automatically enjoy it more in that sort of condensed, hopefully more potent way with major developments arriving at a more satisfying pace, rather than every Sunday seeing things inch towards little by little with days in between where I barely think much of it.

Most serialized shows find a way to design themselves where there's an upside to spacing out the time between episodes, but at this point, True Blood has generally gotten thinner and slower in the amount of story it wants to tell and how it long it's content with doing so, all while making unnecessary pit-stops and detours along the way.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

How much time has passed since Season 1? I think there was a gap in time between the 3rd and 4th seasons when Sookie disappears, but isn't the story mostly consistent? I find it a little funny when characters like Jason talk about how much they've changed when I'm pretty sure we've only known him for two years tops.

Pam's pain monologue was aces. Hopefully that wasn't a send off.

Carrie Preston often gets overlooked in this ensemble, but she can really step up when asked. Glad the new showrunner is proving he's not afraid to trim some fat. Keep it up. Making the show more intimate and personal is definitely the right direction.

It's all in the caffeine EvilShoe's Avatar
    [
    ]
    Last movies seen
    Frank: Good
    Mistaken for Strangers: Good
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Good

Last TV seasons watched

Treme (S04): Good
    The Legend of Korra (S03): Good

Currently reading
    This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Well, the storyline is shaping up to not being big enough for both of them in the same town. I wouldn't be surprised seeing your prediction come to fruition during the finale. Maybe the girl with Sam will expose the wolves and the humans will kill them all. Wishful thinking, perhaps.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I watched an episode with my GF the other night, and it was the worst thing Iv'e ever seen on TV. I don't know how this is so popular. My god the acting...
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I was really hoping...

[
    ]

It's bizarre to me that Sookie, the main character, is not even involved in the central storyline (the war between vampires and humans)...

[
    ]

I just need one more reason to dump this show. I'm tired of hate-watching it.

This show has become must watch for me again. The high heeled murder sequence was awkwardly exhilirating. If this season manages to stick the landing, it will be my favorite since the second.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    This show has been pretty lame for a while now (basically the past two seasons have been awful, with season 4 being bad in a very entertaining way), but I have stuck with it out of a determination to see where the threadlines go for these characters.

Well, not any more. That finale was so utterly lame with writing that was frequently sub-daytime-soap level, woeful pacing and unenthused acting. One of the worst episodes of TV I have ever seen.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

The last two episodes were an embarrassment to the HBO brand.