Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who (Season 7)

Doctor Who (Season 7)

I miss this show so much when it's gone.

Standard set-up plot with plenty of charm. The Doctor's coat is longer, his hair is shorter, and Clara is charming. I couldn't be happier to have my friend back.
    ...and the milk's in me.

For the record, I giggled every time something reminded me of "I Robot, You Jane."

There's a demon on the internet!

Also, monks!
    ...and the milk's in me.

There are few things that bring me as much joy as Doctor Who. Amy and Rory are going to be a tough act to follow, but Clara seems like she might be up to the challenge.

Moffat is using his same bag of plot tricks, but it doesn't matter one bit. I just love Clara so, so much - much more than any of Doctor's companions so far. There's definitely an off-screen kind of chemistry between them, something which is completely new and was definitely lacking with Amelia Williams.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Yeah, nothing revelatory, but it's a solid start and it's just great to be watching new episodes again (and my wait wasn't nearly as long as most of you). Clara is adorable. I've read rumblings that this will be Matt Smith's last season, and if so, I'll be crushed. I know he's pretty much hit the magic number of seasons where they start looking for replacements, but I love him so much. I'm dreading the inevitable, whenever it happens.

I saw this at the bar with the two other Clara episodes. I just need to say, no matter how problematic the Amy/Rory divorce set-up was, that conversation between them always gets to me whenever I watch asylum. I just love that couple so much.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Also, has anyone else changed their WiFi network's name yet?
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Also, has anyone else changed their WiFi network's name yet?
    To alien gibberish?

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I loved the little inside jokes with the book from the beginning of the episode, first that it's written by Amelia Williams and then the little exchange.

"What chapter are you on?"
    "Tenth."
    "Eleventh is the best."

Tee hee hee.

"Are we sure this time? Earl's Court was an embarrassment."

http://londonist.com/2011/07/a-spott...-in-london.php

Solid episode. I'm starting to get a feel how Clara is different from the Doctor's other companions.
    ...and the milk's in me.

What site do you use to watch the show, Mara? My DVR cut out twice in the middle because I lost power twice while it was recording. Need to find it online somewhere.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    What site do you use to watch the show, Mara? My DVR cut out twice in the middle because I lost power twice while it was recording. Need to find it online somewhere.
    At the moment, I am liking btvguide.com for finding links, with Gorillavid usually being the best of those.

Here's a good one:

http://gorillavid.in/e2ssbonrdu2f
    ...and the milk's in me.

The first episode back was great, the second one was good, and this week's was very good and quite entertaining. Plus it had David Warner, who sadly has gotten really old but is still a wonderful actor.

BTW using the TARDIS's translation matrix as an excuse for the Russians being played by British actors was amusing.

Next week's appears to be [
    ]

Oh and Clara is just so wonderful. I noted a while back either on this site or another site that she reminds me of the old show's companions, rather than the new show's batch of fellow travelers. She would be right at home traveling with say, Tom Baker, for example. Considering that Matt Smith bases his style of Doctoring off of the Second Doctor I'm not surprised this is the case.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Next three episodes after this week's Hide.

That last one is the Neil Gaiman episode.
    Movie Theater Diary

Aaaaaaand the finale is:

Movie Theater Diary

They better not.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    They better not.
    Probably just to River, to tie up her end. I don't think Alex Kingston is long for the series anymore.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Probably just to River, to tie up her end. I don't think Alex Kingston is long for the series anymore.
    That sucks. I love River. Although since the Ponds are gone it makes sense that she leave, too.

I don't care for the Cybermen but Neil Gaiman is enough to make me excited.

Hide was equal parts Gothic horror tale and love story spanning across space and time. Cool.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

This was flipping adorable. I loved it. Lots of sweet little surprises, but some jumps and thrills in the meantime.

I really like that the TARDIS doesn't like Clara. It adds an interesting tension.

And did the British dress much better than Americans in the 70's? Because if I was skinny enough, I would wear Emma's clothes for the rest of my life. That coat? Sheesh.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Yeah, that was my favorite episode of the season thus far. Clara herself is freakin' adorable. Loved how in the end, their entire trip was for the Doctor to find someone to help him figure out who Clara is and how she's possible. Nice, subtle way to continue teasing the mystery.

And did the British dress much better than Americans in the 70's? Because if I was skinny enough, I would wear Emma's clothes for the rest of my life. That coat? Sheesh.
    Yes, I have a crush on Emma.

Easily the best episode of the season (or this half of the season). That's the Doctor Who I know and love.

I laughed at the "Doctor What?" line. Nice subversion.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I laughed at the "Doctor What?" line. Nice subversion.
    Val and I both laughed out loud at that. His reply was great as well.

BTW the show has had some great guest stars too. Hide had Dougray Scott, who looked and sounded as if he should be in a Doctor Who episode.

Hide grew on me as the episode went on. Series 7 Part 2 is so different from Part 1, and that's a good thing.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast