Thread: Hemlock Grove (Season 1)

Hemlock Grove (Season 1)

The trailer for this is now up on Netflix. It really looks like True Blood.

Hilariously, they even got Alexander Skaarsgard's brother to star in it.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Pretty nasty.

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Looking forward to this.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    No one has watched this yet?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    No one has watched this yet?
    Didn't it just release today?
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Well MC is diehard sometimes.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I can't muster up much motivation to watch a True Blood clone when I haven't been excited about that show for three years. Bring on Arrested Development.

Eh, I'll give it a shot this weekend.
    Movie Theater Diary

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I watched the first episode. It was solid but nothing that really hooked me like American Horror Story did. I'll at least watch a few more.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Famke Janssen?

It's all in the caffeine EvilShoe's Avatar
    I wonder how this is going to perform. It doesn't have the advantage of being the first Netflix series released, nor of being the continuation of a beloved property (AD). Reviews are quite mixed as well.
    Last movies seen
    Frank: Good
    Mistaken for Strangers: Good
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Good

Last TV seasons watched

Treme (S04): Good
    The Legend of Korra (S03): Good

Currently reading
    This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Man, this is pretty baaaaad.
    Movie Theater Diary

"Explain it to me."
    "I can't. How do you explain dancing to a person with no legs."
    "I have legs that won't quit."

This is the worst.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    "Explain it to me."
    "I can't. How do you explain dancing to a person with no legs."
    "I have legs that won't quit."

This is the worst.
    Hahahaha I knew someone on MC would complain about that. Yeh the dialog is pretty terrible. They don't have a Kevin Spacey to hold down the fort in this one. That said, I was definitely intrigued at the pace this series was moving. I'm on the third episode and I still don't know what the underlining plot line is here between the main leads.

Famke Janssen has an awful British accent.

[
    ]

Wow. Well, it started with a slightly promising beginning before very quickly sinking into a despondent morass of total ineptitude. I mean, really, there's absolutely no excuse for those last two episodes. Did the * ahem * "screenwriters" just give the fuck up, or what?

Episode 2 has a nifty werewolf transformation scene. The rest of the series has Alexander Skarsgård's little brother trying to act his way out of a paper bag.

He fails.
    "We eventually managed to find them near Biskupin, where demonstrations of prehistoric farming are organized. These oxen couldn't be transported to anywhere else, so we had to built the entire studio around them. A scene that lasted twenty-something seconds took us a year and a half to prepare."