Thread: Bates Motel (Season 1)

Bates Motel (Season 1)

Anyone else watching this tonight? Premieres on A&E 9/10 PM.

Vera Farmiga, Freddie Highmore, Nestor Carbonell, exec producer of LOST, writer of Friday Night Lights...

I'm in for the pilot.

Looks pretty dumb. More interested in Bryan Fuller's Hannibal show.

I liked it. I can sense A&E trying to tout this as their American Horror Story, but I hope it remains grounded. The suspense sequence with Sheriff Carbonell (essentially playing the same role as he was in Ringer last year) harkens back to the movie and is palpably effective. I'd love to see this element continue throughout the series, but writing scenes like that will be difficult to keep up. Surprised to see this set in modern day. The opening scene was very odd and cast an ominous tone that lingered throughout the whole episode. The backstory behind that is the main draw I walk away with. Farmiga and Highmore are game, but their relationship is a little healthier than I expected. I guess there's plenty of time to build to something truly weird. I'll tune in next week.

I'm not sure if I have time for another TV show, otherwise I would have tuned in. I'm rather busy trying to keep up with Community since I work on Thursdays, plus I'm still behind on The Americans and The Walking Dead. The cast for this show is good, though.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

This show has heated up to something interesting this past episode. It deserves to be watched by more. It's renewed for a second season for those who are hesitant about that kind of thing.

Well, you all didn't miss much. This season turned out to be sloppy. Farmiga and Highmore do their best, but the writing is unfocused and lazy. I missed the taught direction seen in the first few episodes. I don't think I'll return next year unless I hear things significantly pick up.

Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    Well, you all didn't miss much. This season turned out to be sloppy. Farmiga and Highmore do their best, but the writing is unfocused and lazy. I missed the taught direction seen in the first few episodes. I don't think I'll return next year unless I hear things significantly pick up.
    And I won't continue after Episode 3. :lol:

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I love Bates Motel tv show. Right now i am watching The Truth (season 1, episode 6) and i am enjoying this episode.