Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrested Development (Season 4)

Arrested Development (Season 4)

Don't get your hopes up for Season 5, because there won't be one.

Quote Quoting Jason Bateman
    "We’re done shooting it and it was great. Also, it will be extremely complicated for the viewers. 14 episodes, all separate, with each character getting their own episode, but all the action happens simultaneously. So you can stop my episode at the very moment that, say, Gob rides by on his Segway and then click into his episode and follow him."

"I don’t know how Mitchell Hurwitz wrote it, shot it or scheduled it, I don’t know how he’s editing it but it’ll be amazing. I think. And it’s only the first third of a three part story; the second two parts will be in the movie. So this is the first act, and the movie is act two and three. They’re all just asking questions that the movie itself will answer."
    If the movie doesn't happen... Christ.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Netflix CEO Reed Hastings described the upcoming fourth season of Arrested Development as a "fantastic one-off" made possible under "non-repeatable" circumstances. "We don't anticipate being able to do seasons five, six, seven. We have less of a stake in it," he said. "Arrested Development is a wildly successful tactic as opposed to fundamental to the strategy."
    He's basically saying they commissioned S4 as a publicity move because they knew it's a series that would get a lot of press for Netflix.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Can't wait.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

That sounds awesome.

*glee*
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Friday, baby.
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Holy crap this Friday? Damn!
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Everything I can find says May.

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    Everything I can find says May.
    Ah! Son of a bitch! I thought it was March 1, I thought Netflix was supposed to be debuting a new show each month. Eli Roth's horror show is coming on in April.

Damn.

EDIT: Maybe March is gonna be Derek instead.
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    You jerk!
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I could have sworn Gervais said April for Derek.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

The idea that each episode focuses on one character is not exactly something that appeals to me. The show works best by bouncing the family members and their stories off each other.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    The idea that each episode focuses on one character is not exactly something that appeals to me. The show works best by bouncing the family members and their stories off each other.
    Yeah, I'm a little wary about this as well, but I imagine they will do some bumping into each other. And the whole concept sounds intriguing and rewarding on rewatch. It could take a cue from Coupling and have some of those multi-viewpoint episodes. It makes for some stellar comedy, and I haven't seen it done successfully since that show.

From what I hear, getting the entire cast together was impossible because they are all so busy nowadays, so this was a way to do it without leaving anyone behind. It does sound like some characters will not be interacting with each other at all this season.
    Movie Theater Diary

I'll finish up the rest of the show (I'm midway through Season 2) and then watch the latest season. All I know is that I'm excited.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Have you guys noticed that all the fake movies and TV shows are up on Netflix? :lol:
    Movie Theater Diary

Here's more info on how this season is making use of the Netflix "release all at once" model.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/...x/?cid=6579584

Each episode will cover events from a different character’s point of view, like a comedic Rashomon. There will be moments and Easter eggs that will make sense only in retrospect. There will be a suggested viewing sequence, but it will be possible—even rewarding—to watch out of sequence.
    Because Netflix doesn’t have to worry about commercial breaks or time slots, he can make episodes of variable lengths that can run in any order. (He even briefly considered designing the new season as a choose-your-own-adventure story.) He can make television built to be binged. “In its purest form,” he says, “a new medium requires a new format.”
    Back on the set of Arrested Development, actress Portia de Rossi, who plays Lindsay Bluth Fünke, says that at one point she had seven scripts splayed across her dressing room floor because it was the only way she could grasp all of the plot’s intricacies. “I did a scene with Jessica [Walter, who plays Lindsay’s mother], where she seemed to be saying the nastiest things, in my mind, because it was so sarcastic,” she says. “But in her episode, you realize that she was being sincere. If you see my episode first, you’re like, ‘That fucking bitch.’ But if you see hers first, I look completely heartless.”

The new Arrested Development is not just a seven-hour movie. It’s something new—a collection of episodes released altogether that can be remixed and recombined and that gain something from each juxtaposition. Right now that’s a framework only Netflix can offer.
    Movie Theater Diary

This sounds completely up my alley. The fact that it's this show on top of it is making my anticipation meter rake in at levels unseen since I was a child around Christmastime.

May 26 is the official date. This is the best birthday present ever.

Movie Theater Diary

Netflix is bringing Bluth's banana stand to NY and LA. I am gonna be all over that shit.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Netflix is bringing Bluth's banana stand to NY and LA. I am gonna be all over that shit.
    London right now. PLEASE, bring to Denver.

Not counting on it. But would be awesome.

Shoot... We didn't even get a Jim Gaffigan visit, and he went to nearly every state.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Huzzah!

The juice-box bit at the end...classic.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast