Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (Season 3)

Let's enjoy the beautiful song shall we?

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    Especially since the writers of the show made it so that Ned Stark may have died twice. Bastards.
    Speaking of which, I find fans who think that additions on the show are some kind of affront are weird. George RR Martin picked the people on the production and is everyone's boss. I am pretty sure they consult every deviations with him first.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    sad robb stark

From his Rolling Stones interview:

But the journey of that character and the fondness that we all have for each other as a cast and a crew and as characters playing the story . . . It was really moving, and not very nice, and I left set and got straight to the airport and got on a plane because I didn't want to be there anymore. It was very difficult.
    It was really hard shooting the end of it. It's still very difficult for me to process that I'm not going back, that it is completely gone. It's funny, because I'm still very close with all the crew, and I've been talking to the hair department and the other actors who are all gearing up and going back into it. That's really strange to me. Just now, we're gearing up into summer, and I should be starting back on the show, but I'm not.
    :sad:

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...dgame-20130602
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

It's also funny how his episode was the worst of the season.

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    By the way, I'm loving the producers' weird choices to get popular indie bands to do the songs. Picking The National do the Lannister song was great, and this season they hired The Hold Steady to do a drinking song and got the guy from Snow Patrol to sing it in the episode.
    Not to mention the bald drummer in the newest episode was Will Champion from Coldplay.

I definitely didn't recognize the song from hearing it briefly in the scene, but it didn't really make a difference, since at that point I'd already assumed what was bound to happen and was spending that time mentally bracing myself for it.

But honestly, most of the music played within the show is dressed up so similarly that aside from when characters sing stories along with it, it kinda registers as sounding the same to me. If Matt Berninger from The National had stepped out with the wedding band, maybe it would've brought things a little closer to figuring out the motives to it all before the dialogue revealed it.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    One omission from the books that is troubling to me... [book spoiler, obv.]

[
    ]

Anyone else bothered by that, or would reading further reveal the reason for the omission?

Quote Quoting Henry Gale (view post)
    Not to mention the bald drummer in the newest episode was Will Champion from Coldplay.
    I'm seeing a pattern here. They're hiring Brooklyn bands to write and record the songs, but get UK musicians to cameo on the show playing them. Tsk tsk.
    Movie Theater Diary

Martin is on Conan tonight. Headey was on last night.

Good interview too.

Movie Theater Diary

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Welp, time for me to write Cersei/Swanson fanfic.

Spoilers if you haven't seen the latest episode yet, but otherwise... :lol:

Movie Theater Diary

i love this

Best one is "And that's why you always leave a note." :lol:

Making Daario Naharis Gene Parmesan remains my favorite.
    Movie Theater Diary

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    Just to chime in, I recognized that they were playing a song I had already heard somewhere on the show, and I assumed it was the song that the title of the episode was (since I watched it on hbogo and knew the title), but beyond that I didn't actually know what the song was. I didn't recognize it from the last time it was mentioned.

Also Qrazy is right, he was raping all of us newborns. I'm sure that talk of scene structure will be able to be spoken about after us newborns get over our shock and can watch it a second time knowing it's coming. But for us newborns it's still a, "oh what are they OH GOD."

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Moving past the shock value it concentrated to last week's episode, this finale managed to reconnect the rawer, more effusive nerves of its ensemble's wide range of motives and emotions in honestly incredible ways. Hard to believe it was the longest-ever episode because it played so tightly and brazenly.

Even scenes as seemingly straight-forward as that one between Stannis, Melisandre and Davos are designed with such beautiful reversals in the writing and performances, all within simply stunningly decorated images. I don't know if that sunset was real or fabricated, but I almost don't care it gave the scene such a perfect flourish.

As Breaking Bad wraps in a couple of months, I can't help but feel that this is the best drama on television going forward.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

It Makes Me Feel Alone Sxottlan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    I was just surprised to hear someone say they didn't know it, since it's hard for me to imagine. Anyone I asked had the same reaction. I'm just amused by this, nothing more.
    Maybe I'm just dense, but I don't recall ever hearing the song earlier in the season. All I noticed was that they switched up to a song in a minor chord. Seemed pretty obvious then. My co-worker had spoiled that there was something coming up called [
    ] Still, it was shocking and a little nauseating.
    Out of 4 stars:
    The Guest: ***1/2
    Furious 7: ***
    The Tale of Princess Kaguya: ***
    It Follows: ***1/2

- - - - -
    Loved every scene with Tyrion.

Disappointed we didn't get more than 10 seconds of Jaime.

Blonde hair blue eyed white person being worshipped by a crowd of brown slaves makes me uncomfortable.
    Movie Theater Diary

Anyway, Arya's scene was probably my favorite in that finale.

"Is this the first man you've ever killed?"
    "...The first man. Yes."

The Hound don't even know, man.
    Movie Theater Diary

Blonde hair blue eyed white person being worshipped by a crowd of brown slaves makes me uncomfortable.
    I couldn't shake the offputting feeling either. It was an awkward end for me.

I think BOOK SPOILER [
    ] would have been a much more effective season closer. Especially after Tyrion and Cersei's exchange which will probably be forgotten by next year.

Absolutely. Disappointing finale.

Only if you really want to read it into the scene. The context is clear. Great finale in my book, except for the whole waiting one more year thing.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast