Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Arrow + The Flash Power Hour (AND MORE!)

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    This is nonsense because I think the show started doing every aspect of its production in that Captain Cold voice. In Season 3, they conscripted the boring serious villains from Arrow and Flash and smartly told them to now do their characters more on Wentworth's level.
    Ha, that's fair, I guess?

I dunno. I tried to check out an episode in the second (?) or third (?) season and just couldn't get into it. I never knew how big a fan I was of Miller until they took him away.

(Meanwhile The Flash has Plasticman now as a semi-recurring role and it's still pushing that super-creepy incest subplot, so I guess that's something?)

It's Elongated Man.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    I don't discriminate among plastic people.

Anyway, I stopped watching Flash this season, but I did see a picture of Elongated Man's costume I don't know why they took the handsome purple suit from the comics and turned him into a racist condom.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    I was hoping the suit was gonna build up to something that didn't look so completely shitty.

(Also, I thought E.M. and P.M. were in different fictional universes but they're both DC? WTH? Why does DC need two guys with stretch powers?)

ETA: If they do another big crossover this year, I'll watch. Last year, that was a lot of fun.

Movie Theater Diary

Irish you have to watch this week's legend. I want your opinion on a certain character's speaking voice.
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    LOL---I'll check it out tonight

- - - - -
    Irish you have to watch this week's legend. I want your opinion on a certain character's speaking voice.
    OMFG. That was simultaneously the best thing and the worst thing I've seen on the CW all year. I couldn't help giggling every time that dude opened his mouth to speak.

ETA: Also always good to see Ol' Grodd again but man oh man was that Vietnam stuff was really tasteless. ("What my people really need isn't a god but a leader." Uh, fuckheads, you realize Ho Chi Minh was still alive in 1967?)

ETA 2: Mick was my second favorite character so it was an unexpected treat for the episode to revolve around him. They did a little something with his backstory in the first season, iirc. Good stuff and profoundly fucked up.
    Last edited by Irish; 11-23-2017 at 01:54 AM.

- - - - -
    So wait "Crisis on Earth-X" is only 4 parts over 2 nights? Whatta gyp!

It's a crossover event and there are only 4 shows. What did you think it was gonna be?
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    It's a crossover event and there are only 4 shows. What did you think it was gonna be?
    It's a small thing, but last year they spread the story out over the week. So there was a fresh installment every night over 4 nights and that was a lot of fun. This time, they changed "Arrow's" time slot to Monday (?!) and crammed the whole thing into 2 nights, which felt less epic.

Anyway, I got a huge kick out of how over the top it was, especially this mid-fight exchange:

"Is that a kryptonite arrow?"
    "Yes."
    "Why do you have a kryptonite arrow?"
    "In case an Evil You ever showed up."

Ah, yes, I agree, but since the shows are no longer spread out through the week like that, it's probably the better option than having an ep on Monday, 2 on Tuesday, nothing on Wednesday and then the finale on Thursday. That'd be weird.

It's frustrating how Oliver becomes a 10x more fun character whenever he's in a crossover.
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    So, Black Lightning is currently scoring 100% on RT. Should I start watching this universe now?

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/black_lightning/s01/
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

If you want, but Black Lightning is not part of this universe.
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    oh? I just assumed.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

It is a reasonable assumption, but it's a standalone show. It was originally developed at FOX but got dropped and CW picked it up.

Not that it matters, since these characters travel through the multiverse regularly. Supergirl takes place in a different universe until it's crossover week and she travels to the Arrowverse. Constantine is also retroactively made to be part of the universe despite originally from a different network.

So let's just say, not yet.
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    Is anybody watching "Black Lightning"? (number8?)

I caught the first episode and while it was a traditional hero's-arc kinda thing, I enjoyed it.

I like it! It's slightly jarring how visually it looks exactly like all the other CW shows, but it's got this different tone that very clearly separates it. There's much more menace to its scenes.

The entire cast plays the scenes the way Jesse L. Martin used to play Detective West in the first season of Flash before he got complacent.
    Movie Theater Diary

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    Yeah I watched the first episode and I bet it'll go into the universe at times depending on if they need the ratings boost.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678