Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow + The Flash Power Hour (AND MORE!)

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar

Arrow + The Flash Power Hour (AND MORE!)

I know there are still a couple of us hanging on and sometimes I wanna talk about this show. Especially this past episode when it had Manu Bennett from Spartacus as a guest star. I hope he sticks around during the in past storyline. I'm not too familiar with the DC universe but I saw the same masked guy in Young Justice the other day so I know it's probably an actually character the double mask guy. Also having John Barrowman on the show is a nice touch.

Yeah, that's Slade/Deathstroke. He appears in a bunch or comics, TV shows and movies.

I watch the show regularly. While it has PLENTY pretty glaring flaws, I'm quite impressed by the dynamic of plot revelations and the integrated continuous flashback sequences.

Yeah, the shitty CW flourishes (the family scenes, some of the cheesy villains) are there, but this show is better than people think, or want it to be. The first season is moving along at a really good pace, and they're handling the different plots well. I can't wait to see what they do with Slade.

It's been more then a week but thinking back I'm still really happy with the Slade centric episode the other week.

Also having a Speedy moment was pretty good. I wonder when they're going to actually start using him.

Last night's episode was written by Geoff Johns and it was pretty great. Not a lot of the cheesy CW romance stuff in this episode which was nice. Some really good family moments though, and Deadshot was slightly better this time around. I'm enjoying the show quite a bit.

Best episode of the season? Probably. Though it might be a contender with the on island episode. Alex Kingston showing up at the end of this episode, so awesome.

I know a lot of people jumped out when it was a terrible show in the very beginning but they turned it around very quickly and became a very fun show. Season finale was totally epic. Oh my goodness, so many cool things. I am so excited to see what they do with season 2.

[
    ]

The Flash confirmed for season two! Get excited with me Mango.

I'm sure everyone will scoff at this, but this is a legitimately good show. Yes, there is the occasional (OK, sometimes rampant) soap opera element, but the season finale didn't pull any punches. They delivered on the high stakes, and that's a rarity for first seasons...not just for low budget CW shows, but TV in general. I can't wait to see how they expand the DCU.

Oh my goodness yes. I really do love this show and have gotten to the point of recommending it. The last like 10-15 episodes of the season were so good. And that finale was actually one of the most ambitious finales I've seen in a long time.

Maybe more people will watch now that it's on Netflix. The premiere was pretty great and made the show both more believable and the logical conclusion to last seasons events. Looking forward to the comic booky stuff this season...they already mentioned Iron Heights.

Bueller?

This season has been awesome so far. Black Canary, Ras al Ghul shoutout. I'm enjoying the expanding universe.

Halfway through the first season and the flashbacks are by far the most interesting part of the show. Probably because they're parceled out slowly and deliberately, I'm guessing, to dovetail with current day happenings back in Starling City (and the end of Season 1).

Everything is so attractive. The actors are all lovely to look at, as are the beautiful Vancouver locations. But, Jeebus Christ people, SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE SOME FUCKING ACTING CLASSES.

* sigh *

I wish this show was as good as I wanted it to be. It's so fucking paint-by-the-numbers, I honestly don't know why I keep watching. I don't know, but I can almost sense something building.

But I'll be damned if I know what it is.

I like Felicity a lot. I hope they don't kill her off.
    "We eventually managed to find them near Biskupin, where demonstrations of prehistoric farming are organized. These oxen couldn't be transported to anywhere else, so we had to built the entire studio around them. A scene that lasted twenty-something seconds took us a year and a half to prepare."

Yeah, almost done with the first season and having way more fun with it than expected. This show very quickly figured out what it's good at and what it isn't very good at, and does a good job tipping the scales.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I think it finally started to come together for me around episode 13, with the introduction of Slade and bringing Felicity into the team. The show finally seems to have found its purpose as the two main storylines begin to converge. A discernible increase in quality, that's for sure.

I'm sorry about my earlier rant, Arrow. All is forgiven.
    "We eventually managed to find them near Biskupin, where demonstrations of prehistoric farming are organized. These oxen couldn't be transported to anywhere else, so we had to built the entire studio around them. A scene that lasted twenty-something seconds took us a year and a half to prepare."

Oh, and pretty impressed with the amount of comic references they pack into this show without seeming forced, too. Even the throwaway criminals he puts away in the cold opens are DC villains.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I thought you were better than this 8.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Whatever, man. If they keep up with the intense action scenes and keep pairing up Paul Blackthorne and Alex Kingston together, I'm good.

Mackleroy Harper is pretty annoying, though.
    Movie Theater Diary

Heh. Blatant reference to The Raid and Oldboy at the end.

Movie Theater Diary

The latest episode was more good stuff.

[
    ]

I'm caught up. They abandoned so much of the insistence on realism in Season 2 and the show's now all the better for it. They finally dropped the ridiculous "The Hood" nonsense. The show takes so much from Batman lore, but I'm okay with it. Making [
    ] the new big bad of Season 2 is working out really well.

This show is like the exact opposite of everything Agents of SHIELD is: Nearly every episode is ambitious and action packed, but everything looks so cheap; The characters have depth and are interesting, but the actors cannot keep up.
    Movie Theater Diary

Fucking finally.

Movie Theater Diary

This is how you make a damn comic book show. Too many Dark Knight ripoffs in this episode (or more than usual, I guess), but just really fun, pulpy stuff. Amell's much better than I thought he would be in the role.

Hell yeah. It's funny that I keep saying SHIELD needs to get a big bad already, and this show just throws in FOUR supervillains in one episode. :lol:
    Movie Theater Diary

Bah, this was the most naive and boring episode so far this season.

Watched the first two episodes of this tonight. Holy crap, it's actually pretty great.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast