Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hitman Reboot (Aleksander Bach)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar

Hitman Reboot (Aleksander Bach)

If you thought the first one was bad... wait till you see who's starring the lead....

..the worst actor in Hollywood.

[]
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I think the first one was overhated.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I think the first one was overhated.
    Heh, I've actually never seen it. I just assumed MC hated it.

It was directed by Gans, but it does have Olyphant.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Olyphant was horrific, but he didn't have much of a chance. Also, he looked weird with a bald head.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Heh, I've actually never seen it. I just assumed MC hated it.

It was directed by Gans, but it does have Olyphant.
    I've actually come to quite enjoy it with rewatches. Its no award winner or anything but a decent actioner.

Haha, they're actually calling the movie Agent 47? What the fuck is the point? 10 bucks says they'll change it to Hitman Colon Darky Dark Darkness before release.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

That's twice today you made me LOL 8.

[+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Meh

Weapon of MAX Destruction max314's Avatar
    New guy looks more like 47 than Olyphant. Then again, so does the deuce I dropped this morning.

Speaking strictly as a fan, I'm not crazy about the five O'clock shadow on his head, nor about the fact that he has eyebrows – in the game, he is genetically engineered to be without hair or fingerprints so as to minimise his genetic footprint. Thus these stills suggest that we'll be getting a similarly botched backstory to the one in Xavier Gens' version in which 47 was brought up in an assassin monastery ( :| ).

I'd also like to see a step away from the more sterile look of white walls and corporate sheen to the grubbier, earthier tones that constitute so much of the games' aesthetic.

It's nice to see them take another crack at the character and the franchise, but I suspect no-one has yet understood what a screen version of 47 ought to look and feel like.
    MAX
    Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

Looks better than Terminator: Genysis. I think the first Hitman flick was overhated. It wasn't that bad, in fact it was pretty entertaining.

Looks better than Terminator: Genysis.
    Agreed. Terminator 5 looked so bad I dropped it off my anticipated movie list this year.

That looks awful. Didn't really expect much though.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

This does not look Better than terminator genysis. Not even close in fact.

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    This does not look Better than terminator genysis. Not even close in fact.
    It definitely looks better. It also looks better than Jurassic World.

Wow, there is literally not a single thing that's not terrible in this trailer. Every shot and every line looks and sounds like processed litter. That's kind of an accomplishment.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

...and yet it still looks better than Terminator: Genysis.

...and yet it still looks better than Terminator: Genysis.
    Flip of the bus looks real. Crash of the chopper look not. There's more ambition in tg's switching of the timelines than This shit. A plan to create a new breed of what ever? Let's not give high profile movies a rough shake because we expect more from them.

Who cares about ambition when we're talking about this level of suck. No one is arguing that Hitman is not going to suck. We are just saying it is going to suck less than Terminator 5 (I refuse to spell Genesis that way) . T5 is going to be worse than McG's version. Calling it here. I can see this Hitman movie being at least a 90 min fun romp, where as T5 is going to be a 150 minute bore.

After Terminator 3, I thought it was widely thought the series stepped to the level of really expensive direct-to-video quality, where video game movies generally reside as well. I'm not really all that passionate about either of these films so don't take my thoughts too seriously lol. Both look like fun no-brainers, but I'd prefer to see a second Hitman flick than a Terminator 5 revisiting the first film. I would rather they continued with the desolate future of part 4 than return to the 80s.

I would rather they continued with the desolate future of part 4 than return to the 80s.
    Agreed. Yeh I don't understand why they didn't do this. Was it just so Arnold could have a role in it?

Remember the early scripts for T5? "set in London in the year 2011, with a time-travelling John Connor (Christian Bale).

It would have been easy and amazing for part 4 to have been like the PS2 Terminator game...they lead a war on Skynet and it ends with John sending Reece back in time. Roll credits. It would have been perfect! Then go do whatever fuckery you want.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Who cares about ambition when we're talking about this level of suck. No one is arguing that Hitman is not going to suck. We are just saying it is going to suck less than Terminator 5 (I refuse to spell Genesis that way) . T5 is going to be worse than McG's version. Calling it here. I can see this Hitman movie being at least a 90 min fun romp, where as T5 is going to be a 150 minute bore.
    I care about ambition. T5 looks more interesting. Plus, courtney aside, much much better cast.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]