Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Justified (Season 4)

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    I really like the way they dealt with Drew Thompson. With the big bads of the last few seasons being taken out in elaborate gunfights, a low key, and happy considering the circumstances, ending to his story was pretty satisfying.
    All they've really done is turn the "big bad" on its head this season, especially since Drew has turned out to be nothing more than a former bad guy and now a not-so-bad guy. If anything, it's now Mike O'Malley, but really, this season has been much different in structure. Much more about personal stories, with Arlo and Raylan, Raylan's scattered and empty personal life, Ellen May as the unlikely "heart" of the season (to steal from trans). The last one in particular is one that is hard to define, and I can see why Irish would cast her off as a useless MacGuffin, but I think there is a lot of intangible grace the show utilized in keeping her on the fringe but inspiring so much of the drama, all the while she is spurned from one place to the next as an unwitting chess piece who winds up with a spiritual peace that is something so much more than all these other aimless, petty, and godless characters that the show has fun pitting against each other can ever manage.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

I love how this entire season is predicated on... 'Couldn't throw out my ID, someone would have found it.' Ever hear of a pair of scissors dumbass?
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Quote Quoting Qrazy (view post)
    I love how this entire season is predicated on... 'Couldn't throw out my ID, someone would have found it.' Ever hear of a pair of scissors dumbass?
    You just got RETCONNED!

Some great scenes in the season finale. Glad they've contrived another reason to bring Wynn Duffy back for the finale.

What ever happened to the Sex and the City guy that hated Kentucky? I loved that guy.

I think the finale cemented this as my favorite season. Mags and the intimacy of the season two arc was tremendous and hard to top, but I think the way this season was able to deliver on nearly all of its ambitious goals puts it over the top. Loved the way Drew Thompson's mystery tied into the Givens/Crowder origin story, and even how things with Cassie came back around. Just an incredible season all around. The opening 3 minutes and Raylan's scene with Augustine were just masterfully executed.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    Wow, superb finale. Couldn't watch it until now because end of semester insanity, but it was well worth the wait. Amazing stuff.

Oh Raylan, being shaken up [
    ]

I knew that was coming, his reaction I mean. Anyhow, only three episodes to go. 8-10 were really quite something. Art nearly destroying the office was gold! Not sure about the return of Limehouse, felt shoehorned in, fan service of some kind. The show also makes the cardinal sin of having peripheral characters blabbing on about stuff that seems irrelevant mumbo jumbo, only to be interrupted by a curt "hold on a minute. What did you just say?" from Raylan, minutes later from Boyd in a different scene.

That said, kiss...my...ass!
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Officer Bob is one of the greatest of all cops. Another great season. Tense, moving, cool, funny and it's all effortless, seamless (mostly). Not quite sure how Raylan managed to get [
    ]

Raylan: "What are you gonna do with her?"
    Augustine: "We're gonna take her to Six Flaggs."

[+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦