I love the premise. Pilot was real solid. Weirdest scene was probably when they're introduced to each other in Moscow already in character. Noah Emmerich's character being a neighbor was the only big contrivance, but I like how it'll ratchet up the tension to every banal across-the-fence interaction.

Second episode saw no drop off in quality. Would have liked a little more background on why they were tailing the woman. We don't get it until he walks up to her at the market. I guess them being travel agents of some kind will help explain them being away at weird hours, but it does feel like the show will forget about their children when it's convenient.

Again, love the premise. Ballsy to see a Cold War series from the point of view of Soviet spies. I think what we'll end up seeing is a constant move, counter move as in Episode 2. It will always be about a zero sum game. I guess we shouldn't be surprised if the ratings don't do so well given the show's POV. I hope the ratings stabilize.

I'm still just trying to wrap my head around how we're seeing period pieces in the 1980s.

I assume we'll see a flashback of their training in those mythical "America Town" simulators.