Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (Season 3)

The Walking Dead (Season 3)

Coming back this Sunday.

I didn't realize this season has 16 eps. I thought they were just going to air 5 episodes after the break. This makes the split a little less dumb, I guess.

Should we move S3 discussion posts from the other thread here?
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I'll watch the episode aired before the break at some point. I think discussion should be moved here if only for Season 3 purposes. The old thread can still exist.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Can't wait.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Andrea, your speech was terrible.

Glenn, damn, son.

Daryl, no.

Rick, oy.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Great episode. Loved how it started, too. I'm bummed that [
    ] however I wonder if that keeps being a thing or not. [
    ]

Glenn's lost it too imo. He's not thinking clearly anymore. Oh and I want a gif of [
    ]
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Decent episode. Liked Glenn's anger and viciousness and the Governor is a really great character. Did not like Andrea's contribution to this episode and the ending with Rick's mental break was pretty laughable. I actually did like though Daryl's quandary and the dimension Merle adds to the group as a whole, even when he isn't there.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Andrea continues to be the worst. Its hard to buy in at all to her relationship with the Governer.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    That was the weakest fucking escape/opening scene I've ever seen. It was close to straight to DVD release bad.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    That was the weakest fucking escape/opening scene I've ever seen. It was close to straight to DVD release bad.
    Nah. Besides you had that hilariously awesome moment where [
    ]

Quote Quoting slqrick (view post)
    Andrea continues to be the worst. Its hard to buy in at all to her relationship with the Governer.
    I wouldn't mind if she got killed off, honestly.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

I'm calling it; this is the season this show jumps the shark. That episode was really, really bad.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I'm calling it; this is the season this show jumps the shark. That episode was really, really bad.
    If they continue down this path with the misplaced shock moments of Rick's slipping mental status, you may be right about that. Nonetheless, this episode was better than a good deal of the first season and the first half of season 2. I think the upcoming interplay with Rick and the Governor and with Tyreese will be enough to salvage regardless.
    Recently Viewed:
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½

Films By Year

I thought making Rick go apeshit crazy in the middle of the group was just a really bad call, and made for an unintentionally funny scene more than anything. I thought it would be much stronger if he continued to outwardly keep things together and then break down on his own, and give that some build up when he eventually makes a bad decision for the group. It's annoying how they did it because in real circumstances, that dude would be put down, but you know inevitably the group will be all about him again.

Also, the Governor's character needs to improve, and in a hurry. There's no personality or menace at all. At first I was glad that he was on the show, but they've done nothing to make him a threat, other than say that he's a threat.

Quote Quoting slqrick (view post)
    I thought making Rick go apeshit crazy in the middle of the group was just a really bad call, and made for an unintentionally funny scene more than anything. I thought it would be much stronger if he continued to outwardly keep things together and then break down on his own, and give that some build up when he eventually makes a bad decision for the group. It's annoying how they did it because in real circumstances, that dude would be put down, but you know inevitably the group will be all about him again.
    I agree. They're trying to build off the phone calls from the comic and it's not working. It's the first time the group has adamantly disagreed with Rick's decision and he's folding under the pressure of trying to do what's best for the group... so he snaps? That decision should come easy to him at that point if EVERYONE wants these people to join them and he's the only one struggling with that idea. In the comic, the crazy phone calls when on for issues and issues before someone noticed and Rick was still well composed in front of the group.

Better episode.

BUT WHAT DID AXEL'S BROTHER DO THAT ONE TIME? I MUST KNOW.

That was a low key but good episode. Reminded me of an ep from the first half of of S2 where there's nothing to do but boil on the emotions. I know people hated that stuff but I enjoyed it, and I enjoyed this ep.
    Movie Theater Diary

Yeh that's about right 8. We also get to see Andrea get dumber by the episode.

Best episode of the season

Wow. I love the occasional stand-alone episode. This was amazing. Quite possibly the best episode since the pilot, as far as beginning to end.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    Gotta agree. Fantastic episode.

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    I am impressed.

Both with this latest, hugely gratifying episode and the one before it almost managing to make Andrea the most interesting character. I mean, there's not a lot of competition there, but they really pushed her to the forefront of the conflict between groups in a morally murky way that the show doesn't currently have otherwise.

Also watched both yesterday (missed the previous one for Oscars) so after a bit of a post-break lull, I'm firmly back on board.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Glad I'm not alone. That was easily my favorite episode of the season. Even the bookends with the hitchhiker was perfect.
    Movie Theater Diary

By the way, Scott M. Gimple wrote this episode. Between this and the excellent S2 episodes he wrote, I don't think the show will nosedive next season when he takes over as showrunner.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Glad I'm not alone. That was easily my favorite episode of the season. Even the bookends with the hitchhiker was perfect.
    The hitchhiker is kind of the icing on the cake for me really. To me at least, it shows that Rick and company are no better or less crazier then Malcolm. Desperate stranger pleading for help multiple times, only left on a road with multiple roamers...

I'm really liking the progression of the TV show as it separates from the comic. There's certainly ways to compare, but the TV show certainly knows how it can affect its audience in a way the comic wouldn't, and vice versa.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I almost got chills when Morgan pushed back on Carl for being "sorry" that he shot him. Haunting stuuff.

Looking at his resume, Gimple so far has been a remarkable writer for the show, all his episodes to-a-one balancing the human drama very well. Excited for his oversight next season.
    Recently Viewed:
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½

Films By Year

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast