Thread: Girls (Season 2)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Quoting slqrick (view post)
    I feel like its really forced at times, too. Like, "hey guys I know this is HBO and you want to see supermodel boobs, but I'm gonna make sure all you see is mine, because I'm not conventionally attractive so I gotta make sure everyone realizes how empowering this is." I get it, I just don't need it to be so obvious. I will say that the internet responses to these scenes does shed some light on the double standards of female nudity, as I've seen a disturbing amount of "ain't no one wanna see Lena Dunham's fatass on screen yo" comments.
    I've never really gotten this perceived subtext. Maybe it's because I find her relatively attractive, I mean she looks like an average girl.

It did feel a lot like an episode of Louie. I would like to see the inverse episode of Louie where an attractive 20-something shows up at his house.

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    I've never really gotten this perceived subtext. Maybe it's because I find her relatively attractive, I mean she looks like an average girl.

It did feel a lot like an episode of Louie. I would like to see the inverse episode of Louie where an attractive 20-something shows up at his house.
    Oh god, if either show lasted long enough and the networks allowed it I could definitely see them doing cross over eps.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    I've never really gotten this perceived subtext.
    Well I remember an interview with her about season 1 where she said the nudity was empowering because it wasn't all supermodel types like a lot of other shows which just want to have some random girls with nudity. But the nice thing about season 1 was that when it was used they justified it and they didn't over do it. This season I don't think there's a single episode we haven't seen Dunham specifically naked in.