Thread: Embedding tweets

Embedding tweets

Test:

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -

- - - - -
    Hm. I can no longer edit that previous post. The entire textarea is a grey box, and none of the buttons ("save", "reply", etc) work either.

- - - - -
    Embedding another tweet.

- - - - -
    There's something wrong with the template, 8.

Using the [tweet] screws up the /textareas on the page somehow.

Test

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Hmm, I can't replicate the problem. Everything works fine for me. I'll look into it.
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    Testing theory from Chrome. If I'm right, this should shit the bed.

- - - - -

- - - - -
    @number8 If you're logged in as administrator, you're likely using a different template to display individual posts. This will interfere with attempts to troubleshoot at the regular-user level.

I've replicated the problem on Safari 6 and Chrome 24. It's probably an issue with a missing /div somewhere, which is causing the formatting tool (the grey box) to render badly and block the textarea.

Not sure how that ties into the TWEET tag, but I'm only seeing the issue after embedding tweets. Other pages work fine.

- - - - -
    Offhand guess: This has something to do with with that extra <div class="twitter">. When a tweet is embedded in a post, the entire message is contained in that div. It might be that vB's own javascript choking on that, and either not able to parse twitter's javascript when editing, or is expecting the actual post body to be in a different location (probably the parent div).

Also, tested it in Firefox so it is choking on WebKit browsers. Not gonna touch IE. That's up to you.