Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The Simpsons

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Is The Simpsons on any of the streaming services?
    Limited streaming through the Fox.com website, at the very least.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Every single episode on https://www.simpsonsworld.com.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Honestly, I don't know why I was even arguing.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    But I thought piracy was killing old media?
    It is that's why they are no longer releasing seasons on DVD or bluray.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Cannot believe what I'm saying, but... the latest Simpsons episode was pretty good.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Did anyone see last season's non-"Treehouse of Horror" Halloween episode? It's called "Halloween of Horror"; it's about Lisa getting scared at Krustyland. Before seeing it, I was of course aware that many think the show has gone downhill and I hadn't watched a new episode in years. I remember that one being fantastic in many respects, however — the animation included.

I love all of the early Treehouse of Horror episodes, but I'm not sure if there are any newer ones that are worth a look? I'll probably check out the upcoming one. Homer angrily interpreting the dry turkey in his sandwich as a sign of the monkey's paw screwing him over again is one of my fondest memories of this show. Another one is when the entire family gets abducted by Krang and Kodos in the very first "Treehouse" episode, and Homer ambles over while munching away on a hamburger, and just dopily takes in the situation without any sign of alarm. The "How to Cook For Forty Humans" gag, from that same episode, is another bit of hilarity that's been seared into my memory.
    Last edited by Gittes; 10-12-2016 at 05:04 PM.

I believe the opinion has somewhat turned around? At least that's what I heard from critics and fans that are still watching regularly. I think once a long running show hit a low point, there's no going back from the public opinion that it sucks, because people naturally jump ship and don't keep up and don't realize when a show eventually bounces back, especially when it takes years for it to do so (a lot like SNL in that regard). But as far as I know, while of course it's no longer as good as its peak, apparently people don't think it's awful like it was a decade ago.
    Movie Theater Diary

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Yeah, I still watch from time to time (usually based on guest stars or a novel premise) and it's definitely a step up from the years of "Homer gets raped by a panda in a Christmas episode" or the 500th episode --which is mainly just a five-year-later retread of the movie -- where the family is banished from Springfield to a place called The Outlands (where they meet guest star Julian Assange!) and instead of letting them back in at the end of the episode, everyone leaves and constructs an exact replica of Springfield in the Outlands, meaning the series now exists in an alternate Springfield entirely.

And those are just the first two that came to mind instead of the outright dull duds that have just left my memory.

In the end, I mainly just keep my ear to what critics or online chatter seems to perk up about as being especially good ones of late and checking those out. "Halloween of Horror" IS a very good one. Another one called "Million Dollar Maybe" is a standout I remember, but the internet tells me that was (eek!) six years ago.

Otherwise, I think I've said before (even here) that I think their entire relevance is now through its couch gags, and Fox could easily keep the show going for decades on Sunday nights just by showing classic episodes after new opening credits. It's a show that just can't get a pass for being not-bad most of the time when it used to be the best.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

I don't know a single person that can recap a scene in a recent Simpsons episode for the last decade. Who are these people?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I don't know a single person that can recap a scene in a recent Simpsons episode for the last decade. Who are these people?
    Well they just visited Boston last weekend. It was really funny.

Found this.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Thought that video had an interesting proposition (the episode is a bad one and an ill omen), but was sorta bummed that the video-maker didn't really explain how this signaled the beginning of the end or a shift, or how episodes before and after really separated, etc.

Seems more like a good video about a bad episode.

Wow, I wonder what they're trying to do here.

Two-time Emmy winner Alf Clausen has been fired from “The Simpsons” after 27 years of providing music for Bart, Lisa, and company.

Clausen told Variety that he received a call from “Simpsons” producer Richard Sakai that the company was seeking “a different kind of music” and that he would no longer be scoring the longtime Fox hit.
    http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/simp...ed-1202543183/
    Movie Theater Diary

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910