Thread: Mad About You

Mad About You

It's been off the air for nearly a decade, but I can't think of a better relationship-based sitcom. It faltered somewhat in its latter seasons, but the first three or four were pretty much brilliant. Never quite perfect, but no show is.

I'm midway through watching the second season again on DVD. Just thought I'd share.

I remember that show. I think that FOX showed reruns of it in the mornings for a while.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

I pretty much agree. It's sooooo much better than the way overrated Everybody Love's Raymond. It actually had two pretty level headed people in a realistic relationship. They were also close to each other in looks, unlike today's shows that feature a fat funny guy with a way too hot for him wife (but I guess that actually started with the Honeymooners).

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Mad About You was a solid show for sure, and the funny thing about it is that I don't really like Paul Reiser or Helen Hunt all that much in anything else they've done. Must have been the writing, I guess.

dissolved into molecules lovejuice's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Mad About You was a solid show for sure, and the funny thing about it is that I don't really like Paul Reiser or Helen Hunt all that much in anything else they've done. Must have been the writing, I guess.
    yeah, one of very few television show that i watched.

I kind of idolize Paul Reiser, so I can't claim that the stars have no charm. It's as pity that some of the supporting cast (Anne Ramsey, Leila Kenzle, John Pankow) haven't had much subsequent success, as they were absolutely wonderful on the show.

Despite the fact that much of its final season, season 7, was disappointing and sometimes uncomfortable, its finale episode is one of the best bow-outs I've ever seen.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    When I rewatched To Live and Die in L.A. a few months back and saw John Pankow, my first thought was "hey look, it's Ira!"

I remember when I was in my teens in the mid 90s, this, Wings and X-Files were all I watched on TV.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year