Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stephen King's "Under the Dome," A CBS Summer Miniseries Sphere-Fest

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Gizmo (view post)
    Honestly, I didn't even pay it any attention. When I saw the premise I thought they were ripping off the Simpson's movie. I only watched the pilot Monday thanks to word of mouth saying I'd probably enjoy it since I watch Walking Dead.
    Maybe you will - it has the same interest in contrived crises, sloppy character development, and brief bursts of competence.

Watched the first episode today. Not as bad as I was imagining, but also not nearly as good as it could be.

I watched the first two. This shit is weak sauce. Rapist Andy Samberg is annoying.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

At this point, I'm just watching for Rachelle Lefevre.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I watched the first two. This shit is weak sauce. Rapist Andy Samberg is annoying.
    It's a very poor interpretation of the original character. I doubt I'll continue with the show, unless my woman wants to watch it.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Holy shit. Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and guess that CBS will never show that on this series. :lol:
    I think we can safely say it will never happen. The imprisonment is their "edit." In the book, [
    ]. So keeping her chained in a bunker is the show's way of having Junior similarly defile her body, but in a much less gross fashion.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Anyone still watching this? The third episode was so bad I haven't bothered with it since. It was really bad.
    Movie Theater Diary

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Anyone still watching this? The third episode was so bad I haven't bothered with it since. It was really bad.
    That's when I stopped also.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Yeah - even my GF who can stomach all kinds of lame stuff has quit watching.

Stopped after the first episode. I'm the hipster in the group, yay!

My reaction, though, makes me wonder if Vaughan's writing is equally weak in his comics work (which I never really thought before), or if CBS is neutering what he can do with this material.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

I have a lot more problem with the acting and directing than the writing. The suspense on the show is non-existent, and everyone's delivery is cheesy to the point of embarrassing. Even Dean Norris! I can't get past those issues long enough to decipher if the story is actually good or not.
    Movie Theater Diary

I know - this is my first experience with Vaughan. I've always heard good things. Hopefully his other stuff is better.

still watching, but mostly just to see what the point is. I just now watched this past episode, was not very exciting.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    I stopped after the fire episode.

It's all in the caffeine EvilShoe's Avatar
    Was thinking of watching this, until I found out this was not going to be a miniseries and everyone started calling it lame.

Anyone caught up with it here, and now actually enjoying it? Or I should just skip?
    Last movies seen
    Frank: Good
    Mistaken for Strangers: Good
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Good

Last TV seasons watched

Treme (S04): Good
    The Legend of Korra (S03): Good

Currently reading
    This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

I'm an episode behind, and really only watching to see if they explain anything by the end of the season. I liked the premise, but the story has gotten really lame, probably because they turned it into a long tale instead of a mini-series. I say skip it.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

aaaaaaand pointless.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

ugh

What happened?
    Movie Theater Diary

nothing

BKV: Yeah, I don’t think this has been reported anywhere, but I actually left my position at Under The Dome a few months ago. It was the great thrill of my life to help adapt one of the best book’s ever from my all-time hero, but I’ve got two very young kids at home who I never got to see last season, so I’m enormously grateful to CBS and Amblin for letting me out of my contract a little early. I’m already missing the cast and crew, but the show remains in the excellent hands of our veteran showrunner Neal Baer, and we were lucky enough to hire some heavy hitting new writers for this season, including none other than Mr. King himself. His first episode is easily the best of the series so far, and helps set the tone for a fucking crazy new direction, so I look forward to getting to watch as a fan with everyone else.
    He's right, I can't find any report of it at all. Weird.
    Movie Theater Diary

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Is it weird that even though I never watched the show, seeing the thread bumped made me assume this was going to be the news?

Seems like the thing this week.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

- - - - -
    If anyone is still interested in this show (!!!) --- Stephen King wrote the script for tonight's premiere & appears in a cameo during the episode.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123