Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday / Cyber Monday Stuff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Stuff

Not sure if anyone participates in Black Friday. I know the economy sucks and sometimes it's worth standing out in the cold for a couple hours for some great deals. I've done it once back in 2009. It wasn't too bad of an experience and I ended up leaving with three TVs!

Anyway, Amazon launched their black Friday store today.

Use this thread to post other good BF deals.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Anyone who sees good Cyber Monday deals, I like those as well.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I really, really hope that the Walmart workers strike on Black Friday like they say they're going to. It's disgusting what people do to save a few bucks. Mobs of people fighting over items, trading their dignity for dollars - totally bizarre behavior.

I've been trying to think of a way in which people could sponsor the WM workers, and pay their wages for a day(s). I know this doesn't help much, because there is a good chance they will be fired after striking, but I want to do something beyond just encouraging them to stand up for themselves and the value as employees and human beings.

How many people will be trampled to death this year? We should start a pool.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Not sure if anyone participates in Black Friday.

I would rather be shot in the face at point-blank range.
    Now reading: The Master Switch by Tim Wu

I won't physically go to stores, but I'll order stuff online if it's a good deal.
    ...and the milk's in me.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    I won't physically go to stores, but I'll order stuff online if it's a good deal.
    Yep. The whole stampede thing...no thanks.

In a weird twist of scheduling, due to some theater season tickets I have, I always have a show on Black Friday, for the last three years. It's become my mini-tradition. I make turkey leftovers, play board games with my family, then haul myself out to a play.

It's actually really nice.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I only use Black Friday for small stuff like games and blu-rays which most retail stores put their deals online.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

I work at a mall for my full-time gig. Luckily, my store doesn't really do anything on Black Friday, so no stampedes.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    That's what I always do.

And for once, there's something I actually NEED - My HDTV blew last month and my electronics wizard of a dad couldnt fix it, so I'm looking out for a replacement.

Better believe it will be on line though. I am NOT braving those crowds.

(What I hope is that I can buy online and pick it up at the store later).

Unless you guys live in Detroit or Cleveland I don't know what you're worried about.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I'd rather brew beer on Black Friday than be out in the stampedes. So I do.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Unless you guys live in Detroit or Cleveland I don't know what you're worried about.
    No matter where you are, you lose dignity, and say, "I've made a big mistake."

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Excuse me?

I participate in Black Friday shopping...but I don't wait in any lines. I mosey in when I get around to it, and if something is there I want, I buy it.

Best Buy already has their Black Friday menu up.

edit: I can't believe how much HDTVs have gone down in price. 5 years ago when I bought my 52 inch, damn thing was like $2500.

I think I'm gonna try to nab a Galaxy Tab.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

my goal is to get that 26' tv from Best Buy for $99. Looking to get HD in the bedroom, and that seems to be a good enough deal for me to splurge on a little early and pay back come tax time.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Quote Quoting Gizmo (view post)
    my goal is to get that 26' tv from Best Buy for $99. Looking to get HD in the bedroom, and that seems to be a good enough deal for me to splurge on a little early and pay back come tax time.
    Available online? :lol:

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Black Friday 2013

It starts. I'll also post CyberMonday stuff here too.

Amazon has Grand Theft Auto 5 and Batman: Arkham Origins pinned for a $34 sale, and the just-released Call of Duty: Ghosts to go at $40. Other recent blockbusters like FIFA 14, Madden 25, and Battlefield 4 are set to come down to $25, and there'll be a buy-2-get-1-free offer on Skylanders: Swap Force characters too.

As for the consoles, Amazon is going with the 250 GB PS3 bundle that's doing the rounds at several other retails, including The Last of Us and Batman: Arkham Origins for a $200 total. On the Xbox 360 side, there's a 250GB bundle featuring Halo 4 and Tomb Raider for $190, but Best Buy tops that by chucking in Darksiders 2 and Batman: Arkham City in too.

Should we start a dealpool over how many people will be trampled to death at Wal-Mart this year?

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    It starts. I'll also post CyberMonday stuff here too.

Amazon has Grand Theft Auto 5 and Batman: Arkham Origins pinned for a $34 sale, and the just-released Call of Duty: Ghosts to go at $40. Other recent blockbusters like FIFA 14, Madden 25, and Battlefield 4 are set to come down to $25, and there'll be a buy-2-get-1-free offer on Skylanders: Swap Force characters too.

As for the consoles, Amazon is going with the 250 GB PS3 bundle that's doing the rounds at several other retails, including The Last of Us and Batman: Arkham Origins for a $200 total. On the Xbox 360 side, there's a 250GB bundle featuring Halo 4 and Tomb Raider for $190, but Best Buy tops that by chucking in Darksiders 2 and Batman: Arkham City in too.
    Are these Cyber Monday deals or Black Friday? Definitely interested in both of these. Thanks for posting.

Should I start the Buy Nothing on Black Friday and Cyber Monday thread? :P

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Should I start the Buy Nothing on Black Friday and Cyber Monday thread? :P
    Are we limiting it to in-store purchases? I've historically stayed far, far away from malls and such, but Amazon and other websites sometimes have solid online deals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast