Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: The Office - U.S. Edition

When they first started doing this, I thought the best route they could go down would be to have the documentary be 95% about Michael, and that's why everyone was unhappy/upset about it.

I do not understand why they keep going back to the Oscar/Angela/State Senator plot lines. So they can parody actual politicians? The show has never done that kind of parody before. It's not funny, no one involved is sympathetic, and the character most affected is someone the audience doesn't care about.

Glad I stuck with this the final season. I enjoy nostalgia. Finale next week should hit the spot.

Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    Glad I stuck with this the final season. I enjoy nostalgia. Finale next week should hit the spot.
    Yeah, I thought these last couple episodes have really hit the mark at closing it out.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Tonight is it. This was my favorite show on tv for the first 4 or 5 seasons, and this season seems to fit in pretty well with those seasons. It'll be bittersweet to say goodbye to these characters who probably overstayed their welcome. Looking forward to 2 hours of coverage.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Not as great or emotional as Michael Scott's swan song, but a fitting end. I liked that Michael's return was brief and didn't overshadow the focus. Wasn't expecting the biggest heart tug to involve Erin. For all of the memorable Jim/Pam moments this show has successfully captured throughout the years, this episode was shockingly void. I guess I'll have to settle for the penultimate episode. Pam's flashback voiceover was pretty touching, though.

I literally rolled my eyes so many times during this ep. Ugh.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

yeah, not the greatest episode, but could have been worse. Seemed to miss a lot of humor, trying to play to the emotional side at every turn.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Didn't watch the episode, but thought it might be fun to watch the tribute special that aired prior. Couldn't make it through more than 20 minutes. Other than the audition videos, it was the most obnoxiously self-congratulatory nonsense ever. Krasinski talking about how he could see the crew enthralled, waiting to see what was going to happen during his proposal scene to Fischer... really? You think the crew really didn't know how that was going to play out?

What I saw of that special made me feel great about my decision to jump ship years ago.

Kinda wish the show had tacked the last 10 minutes of this episode onto last week's episode, which felt like a more fitting finale. Or just ended the show with "Goodbye Michael."

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    Kinda wish the show had tacked the last 10 minutes of this episode onto last week's episode, which felt like a more fitting finale. Or just ended the show with "Goodbye Michael."
    I agree with this. The penultimate episode was much more satisfying.

It's all in the caffeine EvilShoe's Avatar
    I liked this. Good ending. Schmaltzy, but good.
    Last movies seen
    Frank: Good
    Mistaken for Strangers: Good
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Good

Last TV seasons watched

Treme (S04): Good
    The Legend of Korra (S03): Good

Currently reading
    This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

First off I'm amused that I have the most posts in a thread for a show that I quit on two seasons ago. Secondly can I just skip Seasons 8 and 9 and view the series finale when it hits Netflix? Because I really don't want to sit through a ton of unfunny mediocrity to find out how the show actually ended.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

I'd watch at least the 2 episodes leading into the finale, if not all of season 9. 8 is skipable. The finale was nothing special, but those 2 or 3 episodes leading to it were nice.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Finally started watching the last season on Netflix. Damn - this show got so silly. Also, giving Kevin more screen time was not a good idea. However, it is nice to see some dramatic tension in the show again, something that has been mostly missing since Pam and Jim got married, and the Michael Scott Paper Company story. There have also been a couple of nice character moments between Jim and Darryl and Jim and Dwight.

Still though - it's pretty lame, but I want to see how it ends.

I really liked the final three episodes. Well, everything except for Michael's bit part, which felt totally phoned in. But man, there are some truly cringe-worthy episodes in this final season, and a lot of totally bizarre character developments.

I thought the final episode was very good.

It's a shame they stretched this show out for so long. They could have compressed seasons 6-9 into one season, and ended with "Good-Bye Michael," perhaps as a closing to DM being purchased by Sabre or something.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617