Thread: Concert Suggestion: Mark Cohn...

Concert Suggestion: Mark Cohn...

If you ever have a chance, go see the guy. He's been unfairly (if somewhat accurately) pegged as a one-hit-wonder for giving us "Walkin' in Memphis" and nothing else beyond that that scaled as high. However, he's a very talented guy and has an amazing voice. Saw him last night with family. Great band. Great great concert.

Here's a clip of them doing "29 Ways." It's not the concert I went to (our version was a tad better) but it gives you a decent idea of their energy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmVvF7PqYnA

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    I LOVED "Walkin' in Memphis" when it first came out. I was 10 years old, and I used to listen to it on repeat. Funny thing is, even though my mom had the CD, I'm fairly certain I never heard another song from it.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    I LOVED "Walkin' in Memphis" when it first came out. I was 10 years old, and I used to listen to it on repeat. Funny thing is, even though my mom had the CD, I'm fairly certain I never heard another song from it.
    Yeah, it's a very very good song, and one that many mis-attribute to Bruce, but on the whole most people don't know much of his other work. He was very engaging and funny and in top form last night though. I didn't think I would enjoy the show that much since, like most, I only knew the one song. They were pretty terrific though.