Page 13 of 169 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Celeb (and Celeb SO's) Obit Thread

I'm not sad. He had a strange life and a strange death. He produced some great music and some huge scandals. It is what it is.

My favorite song is "Smooth Criminal."

And DID YOU KNOW that Jeff Goldblum is not only alive and well, but dating Alex from Lost, who is his co-star in some film? Stud.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I have a feeling the weirdest shit about Jacko is yet to be revealed.
    Now reading: The Master Switch by Tim Wu

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    I'm not sad. He had a strange life and a strange death. He produced some great music and some huge scandals. It is what it is.

And DID YOU KNOW that Jeff Goldblum is not only alive and well, but dating Alex from Lost, who is his co-star in some film? Stud.
    Goldblum? 57. Raymonde? 19.

Upsetting. Even more upsetting is that Tania's supposed to be with me, dammit.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar

Mine is also Smooth Criminal.

check this out;

News of Jackson's death spread quickly online, causing many websites to experience technical difficulties following the unanticipated swell of users. Google announced technical difficulties after a sudden increase in searches for "Michael Jackson" led the company to believe it was under attack from hackers, while social networking site Twitter reported a crash after record numbers of users used the site to spread the news of Jackson's death. Wikipedia also experienced technical difficulties, and crashed at 3:15 PDT, reportedly due to excessive edits and user overload.

In the hours following Jackson's death, his record sales increased dramatically. His album Thriller climbed to number one on the American iTunes music chart, while another eight have made it into the top 40. In the UK, where Jackson would have performed in less than three weeks, his albums occupied 14 of the top 20 places on the Amazon.co.uk sales chart with Off The Wall topping the chart. As of 1:14 PM Central Time on June 26, 9 of his albums are on the American iTunes Top 10 chart, including Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, and 3 compilations. In the UK iTunes store on June 26, thirty-nine of Jackson's songs were in the Top 100 best selling songs list, in addition to four Jackson 5 songs. Eight of his albums took over the top ten downloaded albums and the top 5 video downloads were all Michael Jackson videos. Along with this he also entered into the top top ten single downloads with "Man in the Mirror
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Wow... he should have thought of this dying business earlier. Sure beats 50 concerts as a moneymaking scheme.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    Goldblum? 57. Raymonde? 19.
    She's 21, though, isn't she?

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    :lol:

Math? 1. Me? 0.

Oh, well then, that makes it fine. You know what they say: old enough to drink, old enough to date a man who peaked nine years before you were born.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Wow... he should have thought of this dying business earlier. Sure beats 50 concerts as a moneymaking scheme.
    My wife actually believes that he's faking his death so he can shock mourners at his vigil with a surprise performance of Thriller. It'll be so shocking that he will then no longer be known as Michael Jackson, the molester. He will be Michael Jackson, the guy who orchestrated THE COOLEST CONCERT EVER.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    My wife actually believes that he's faking his death so he can shock mourners at his vigil with a surprise performance of Thriller. It'll be so shocking that he will then no longer be known as Michael Jackson, the molester. He will be Michael Jackson, the guy who orchestrated THE COOLEST CONCERT EVER.
    He's trying to outdo Jesus.

I wouldn't put it past the man.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I liked Roger Ebert's article on Jackson.

dissolved into molecules lovejuice's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    I liked Roger Ebert's article on Jackson.
    :cry:
    "Over analysis is like the oil of the Match-Cut machine." KK2.0

As usual, The Onion is absolutely brilliant.

LOS ANGELES—Michael Jackson, a talented child performer known for his love of amusement park rides and his hobby of collecting exotic animals for his Neverland Ranch, died from sudden cardiac arrest Thursday at the age of 12. The prepubescent singer, who enjoyed playing dress-up and often referred to himself as "the King of Pop," was celebrated for his naïve exuberance and his generosity toward other children. "This is a terrible loss for music and for all of us," brother Jermaine Jackson said. "He had so much potential to blossom into a gracious and mature human being. As it is, the world will never know the genius Michael Jackson might have become had he grown up." The singer leaves behind a large body of hits, 25,000 unopened toys, and nearly $400 million of debt.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Banned
    Hahaha.

can recall his past lives origami_mustache's Avatar
    I could foresee a South Park episode about the fickle nature of people's attitude towards MJ.
    In Front of Your Face (Hong Sang-soo, 2021) - 6
    Introduction (Hong Sang-soo, 2021) - 6
    True Mothers (Naomi Kawase, 2020) - 8
    Wheel of Fortune and Fantasy - (Ryusuke Hamaguchi, 2021) - 7
    Wife of a Spy (Kiyoshi Kurosawa, 2020) - 7
    The Power of the Dog (Jane Campion, 2021) - 9
    Don't Look Up - (Adam McKay, 2021) - 4
    The Matrix Resurrections (Lana Wachowski, 2021) - 4.5
    Benedetta (Paul Verhoeven, 2021) - 7

mubi

I am more partial to the Michael Jackson of the Jackson Five, as opposed to his solo years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2xc8xZ0tV0

Movie Theater Diary

Director

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Wow. I read this not long after seeing him in an ESPN360.com commercial. That's unexpected. R.I.P.

Wow, this has been a really shitty week.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Damn that rule of fours. DAMN IT TO HELL!

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

That sucks for his family and for him of course, but on a completely selfish note, I will be so happy if I never hear his voice screaming at me through my TV set.

This guy probably feels really guilty (click the "in reply to" for context).
    Movie Theater Diary

a man who peaked nine years before you were born.
    crazy talk

on the subject of mj, will there ever be a celebrity death as big as this? doesn't seem like it

Does not read Sutter Cane The Mike's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    crazy talk

on the subject of mj, will there ever be a celebrity death as big as this? doesn't seem like it
    You weren't around for Princess Di, were you? That thing went on for two months. And it stopped me from watching SNL. :evil:
    The Mike

It's very very horrible, sir. It's one of those things we wish we could disinvent.

From Midnight, With Love - My Midnight Movie Blog of Justice!