Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Match-Cut's Creative Collective

Nice! I'll listen.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Nice! I'll listen.
    Very cool, thanks! I'll post again here once we start putting them out.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    Awesome! Followed.
    You must spread some reputation around....

Thanks!
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:

Letterboxd

I have been encouraged to pimp my shit, so here goes.

I do a weekly podcast with my life long friend (Eugene Weaver) who also fits the bill, as we've been called our whole lives by others, so we have named the show:

Being on the road all day, I listen to a lot of podcasts (especially movie related), and felt there was a gap to fill. We have done this our whole lives, so why not share it! I wanted a podcast that isn't solely about first run current stuff. Theres so much cinema, its impossible to see it all, and its existed longer than us. I wanted to shine a light on all the gems we could find, and have a show that you could listen to any episode and find relevant material. I also wanted a show that felt like its okay to like anything. Too many pods are nothing but negativity, shredding everything and never positive. We often derail about bad movies that we love.

The show is usually three segments. The first is the Movie Roulette. We each pick three movies from any source we haven't seen, and the other has to pick one to watch from our list. Second segment is a rotating group of fun or interesting things, from top tens, to games, Theater Ticket Lottery (where we dig through our lifetime collections of theater tickets for stories), and various other random stuff. The third segment is Recently Watched. Once in a while we do a film commentary as well. Through all this, we drink whiskey and do our best to make the other laugh with stupid jokes. You can find the show on iTunes, Feedburner, Stitcher, and generally wherever you get pods (if its not on your platform, please let me know.) Links in signature.

We also have a FB page where we share trailers, a bit of news occasionally, and our weekly written reviews. I also enjoy making my silly stick figure art. Note: We do NOT bombard you with every little thing. Our updates are not spammy.

We also have a twitter (@moviefreakspod), which relays the FB page.

I have also been working on creating audiobooks of a friends stories I think most of you know. Thomas Washburn Jr. I think he went by GhostintheDarkness? I could be wrong. At any rate, I finished a short story from him that will be on amazon soon, and next week will be work on a full novel. I will let you know when they are available.

Thanks for the interest, everyone!

-Erik Marner
    Last edited by Skitch; 05-25-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Is that Batman holding a lightsaber?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Indeed it is.

Nice, Skitch. I'll be sure to check that out.

My podcast (https://www.facebook.com/TeenMoviePod/) is scheduled to record our first two episodes tomorrow. We definitely want listener feedback to be an important part of the show, but banking the first two episodes means we can't get to your feedback until episode three. That's a bummer. But to get around that I'm asking around in a few places to see if anyone has some pre-emptive questions. If you've got general questions about the show, the life of a teenage movie critic, or specific questions about our first movie, 1997's "RocketMan", send them my way, please.

Again, the concept of the show is:

"I Was a Teenage Movie Critic" is a podcast starring Joanne Spataro and Griffin Van Malssen. The pair wrote for The Charlotte Observer’s KidFlix/Teen Screens column between October 1997 and May 2002 when they were in middle and high school. The columns were reviews of kid and teen-focused recent movie releases and rose from a desire to see teenagers review the movies meant for teenagers rather than the stuffy adult critics who JUST DIDN’T GET IT, GOSH!

Now Joanne and Griffin are all grown up (sort-of) and are diving back into those old reviews and movies to see how opinions have changed and reminisce about their misspent movie-going adolescence.
    Thanks, y'all.
    Last edited by Lazlo; 05-31-2017 at 07:48 PM.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:

Letterboxd

Quote Quoting Lazlo (view post)
    My podcast (https://www.facebook.com/TeenMoviePod/) is scheduled to record our first two episodes tomorrow. We definitely want listener feedback to be an important part of the show, but banking the first two episodes means we can't get to your feedback until episode three. That's a bummer. But to get around that I'm asking around in a few places to see if anyone has some pre-emptive questions. If you've got general questions about the show, the life of a teenage movie critic, or specific questions about our first movie, 1997's "RocketMan", send them my way, please.

Again, the concept of the show is:

Thanks, y'all.
    This is a super neat premise. Looking forward to hearing it!

I decided to put up a comprehensive compendium of every game I've released for every platform since 1997. Right now, that sits at 82 video games. These are all Windows-compatible (sorry Mac and Linux friends), though I'm planning to get some available to play in browsers within the next year.

Here's the website, with all games listed reverse chronologically: http://whatnot.bombdotcom.net/.

I'm also in the middle of working on a new game inspired by Lemmings, the Lost Vikings, and a bunch of puzzle games. It's called Explobers and it looks like this:

Speaking of podcasts, I did my first one a few weeks back, which finally got posted. It's part 1 of an interview, in which we discussed the creative process of both writing and filmmaking, before digging a little deeper into the inspirations behind some of the work I've done over the years. And after listening to it myself, I'm happy to report that it didn't turn out even nearly as cringey as I was fearing it would, lol. So for anyone who might be curious, give the first part a listen here, and I can share the rest after it gets posted, too. https://theantiplasticcascade.wordpr...15/episode-11/

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    I decided to put up a comprehensive compendium of every game I've released for every platform since 1997. Right now, that sits at 82 video games. These are all Windows-compatible (sorry Mac and Linux friends), though I'm planning to get some available to play in browsers within the next year.

Here's the website, with all games listed reverse chronologically: http://whatnot.bombdotcom.net/.

I'm also in the middle of working on a new game inspired by Lemmings, the Lost Vikings, and a bunch of puzzle games. It's called Explobers and it looks like this:

Your link's not functioning. Chrome just downloads some sort of 418 byte file.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    Your link's not functioning. Chrome just downloads some sort of 418 byte file.
    Thanks for pointing this out! My host just upgraded to PHP 7.0 and I hadn't updated my stuff to be compatible. Should be working now.

Thanks for trying to check it out!

My podcast, I Was a Teenage Movie Critic. Check it out if you have some time. In the first episode Joanne and I talk about how we became teenage movie critics and we dive into my first review, the Disney classic RocketMan. Ratings, reviews, subscriptions, and, most of all, feedback would be greatly appreciated. Hope you enjoy!
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:

Letterboxd

So in a rarity for me, I was actually captured speaking on camera, for an interview I did a couple months back at MegaCon, where we essentially discussed some of by books and films and such. So check it out, for anyone interested.

Ha that's cool!

Nicely played, TGM. You seemed more ready for the interview than your interviewer.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Nicely played, TGM. You seemed more ready for the interview than your interviewer.
    Thanks! Yeah, someone else had also mentioned to me how she didn't seem all that into the interview. And yeah, it wasn't apparent to me at the time because I was probably too concerned with not screwing up too badly, but you can definitely tell in the actual video. Funny thing is, she actually caught herself too, as she commented on twitter that she was a bit "tongue tied" during this interview, lol. Whoops.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    My thoughts exactly. Not sure she's fit for camera. Chris on the other hand nailed it.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Great work TGM and thanks for sharing that!
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

K, so for those interested, I just released the synopsis and cover reveal for the upcoming fourth Ninja Kat novel, VELCRO: POLLUTED WAR. Check it out. http://cwiddop.blogspot.com/2017/08/...ming-soon.html

Here's a trailer for a game I'll hopefully be releasing within the next week or three. Been working on this all year. Excited to finally be putting it out there soon!

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast