Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Match-Cut's Creative Collective

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Don't really know where to post this, but my younger brother just released an album that's gotten a couple of nice notices. Figured maybe some of you esoterically-minded people might dig it.

It's kind of like Prince, but demented, and Eno-y sometimes, and there are styles I can't describe well, but it's poppy too.

"Ectomorphic Love"

Definitely got a Ween vibe. Funky stuff. Love it.

Check it out guys, the latest chapter of the Velcro: The Ninja Kat comic has been posted! http://www.velcrotheninjakat.com/201...chapter-8.html

Since some of you chipped in to my Kickstarter, I thought I would report that my theatre project, Maleficia, was nominated in the category of Best Devised Work for Portland's annual theatre awards. The ceremony is next Monday.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (NoƩ, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    Since some of you chipped in to my Kickstarter, I thought I would report that my theatre project, Maleficia, was nominated in the category of Best Devised Work for Portland's annual theatre awards. The ceremony is next Monday.
    Congrats!

I guess I'm a bit of a Trekkie now.

I had an idea for a meta-fanfic-script where I -- the admitted author of the fanfic -- is pulled into the Star Trek universe and ultimately save the day. Well, that would be the first half, titled "The Fantasy." The second half would be "The Reality," in which I'm a total coward and my cowardly actions ultimately cause the collapse of the entire universe.

I'll never write it, but it was fun to kick around.

- - - - -
    You should write that anyway, because it sounds fun as hell. Or adopt it into a kinda of Galaxy Quest or Red Shirts style universe.

After taking a few months off from theatre, I auditioned for "A Few Good Men" last night - callbacks were tonight.

Soon after the callbacks were over, I got an email offering me the role of Jack Ross.

I am SOOO psyched. This is one of my "bucket list" shows. I cannot wait to get to work on this one.

Hell yeah, man! Well done!

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    So not sure if I ever spoke about this here before, but I almost went to Art school instead of Engineering school. Shocking I know. I recently just bought a scanner and started scanning in some of my old art work I did in high school. Some of them are hilarious. Anyway, I found a really old sketchbook, cira 1994-5, and it really shows my obsession with video games of that time, specifically Doom. If i can date it to 1994, I was 10.

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why havenā€™t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Recently released a new album.

http://carlsagansghost.bandcamp.com/album/cycles

Swedish Tech, Berlin School.

Sometimes creative endeavors can be so frustrating (but still totally rewarding).

With my new album, I have listeners telling me that the music is as good as the best of Brian Eno, Tetsuo Inoue, and Cluster, and yet I can't get a single label interested at all.

If only I could my listeners to start successful labels.

Afraid to Dream of Tangerines

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Sometimes do flash fiction prompts at reddit just to keep myself spry, and my last one got a mess of upvotes and my first reddit gold (not too useful, but a really nice gesture). The prompt was

"The Devil and Jesus meet each other disguised as hobos. They don't realise, who the other really is (at first) and start having a conversation."

[
    ]

So hey, the e-book edition of my second novel, Velcro: The Green Lion, is available for free this week on amazon. Check it out. http://www.amazon.com/Velcro-The-Gre...dp/B00IXAIGQY/

With all the great artists here at Match-Cut, I'm curious if anyone ever took that talent and branched out into other areas? I know we've seen restaurant menus and album covers featuring MCer's artwork, but has anyone ever done any apparel design? I used to enjoy doing customized work for friends. It involved painstaking attention to detail, but it was fun and I enjoyed it. My go-to medium was using acrylic paints on most any type of cotton blend (t-shirts, sweatshirts, denim). The people I made them for sure liked them!

Here's one I did for a friend whose play had just opened:

...and a close-up of the design, which was taken verbatim from the original poster design. Dig that groovy Dating Game-era dress pattern!

"We eventually managed to find them near Biskupin, where demonstrations of prehistoric farming are organized. These oxen couldn't be transported to anywhere else, so we had to built the entire studio around them. A scene that lasted twenty-something seconds took us a year and a half to prepare."

That's really awesome, Russ.

A friend of mine and I do these: http://pedantryshirtworks.spreadshirt.com/

arty arty art

Well done!

Test footage using Photoshop/After Effects. I'm just now learning After Effects, so it's not perfect. Either way, nobody has been particularly impressed so I need to get better.

Quote Quoting Isaac (view post)
    Woah - reminds me of a Tor Lundval painting that he would use on one of his album covers.

I like it.

Hey guys. Just thought I'd pass along some RATHER big personal news (aside from the wedding in February, though that's incredibly big on its own):

I recently signed a contract with a talent agency in Jacksonville. I have an AGENT (though not an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. - seriously, how cool would that be?)

I have had my professional headshots taken and I've already been asked to audition for a couple of projects.

In addition, I've been cast in a web series being produced by Florida State University. I'll post more details on that as I get them.

Its an exciting time for me. And y'all have always been so supportive of me (even when I've been Captain Drama queen), and that seriously means a lot. So thank you all so much. I'm excited to see where these opportunities lead.

Some of my headshots are here if you're interested in taking a look:

http://www.tainunez.com/tallahassee-...r-daniel-gray/

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast