Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Match-Cut's Creative Collective

That's awesome!

Thanks, Skitch!

My game Explobers is out now! I'm pretty happy with it! Eighty-plus puzzle platforming stages. Pretty wacky stuff.

It can be downloaded on itch.io! (It's free, though if you like it, you're welcome to pay for it.)

Cool sounds.

I went ahead and made an intentionally frustrating falling blocks Halloween game.

https://jdmgames.itch.io/pumpkin-patch-match

Posted up a couple of sample chapters from the upcoming fourth Ninja Kat book, VELCRO: POLLUTED WAR. Check 'em out, and hopefully it won't be too much longer before the full book is available and I can finally fully move onto the fifth and final installment of this series. http://cwiddop.blogspot.com/2017/10/...luted-war.html

So it's here now! Book Four of The Ninja Kat series, VELCRO: POLLUTED WAR, is now available! Check it out! http://cwiddop.blogspot.com/2017/11/...available.html

- - - - -
    I thought this was a good primer on creativity on the Internet, making video essays, and just writing in general:

Postmortem: Every Frame a Painting
    by Taylor Ramos and Tony Zhou
    https://medium.com/@tonyszhou/postmortem-1b338537fabc

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Crowdsourcing a Christmas gift question.

My ceiling for an Xmas gift is around $30. My brother says he'd like a gift that'd help him in some way with making YouTube videos. Problem is (along with the limits of my gift-giving), he has an old (12+ years old) desktop computer and makes his videos by going onto his friends Mac and iMovie and making them there.

I can't think of a way to help him that doesn't involve just getting him a new computer or new software (which would still require a new CPU to avoid crashing). He already has a good mic with a pop filter, and he already has the means to transfer between the two computers he has access to.

Anybody have experience with making online videos and modestly-priced boons to the whole process? Looking for wisdoms.

Totes. You can actually set up a nice little rig for less than $500.

What did you end up getting, DAMU?

I just bought a couple lapel mics - one for my iPhone, another for my camera. I'll be using them when I kick off my board game youtube channel next month. I know there are like a billion youtube channels about board games, but I'm hoping mine offers up something a bit different. The first game I'm playing, there are only 3 videos on Youtube. Going to try to focus on stuff that isn't as popular, and be more focused on dungeon crawls and fantasy adventure games.

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)

I just bought a couple lapel mics - one for my iPhone, another for my camera. I'll be using them when I kick off my board game youtube channel next month. I know there are like a billion youtube channels about board games, but I'm hoping mine offers up something a bit different. The first game I'm playing, there are only 3 videos on Youtube. Going to try to focus on stuff that isn't as popular, and be more focused on dungeon crawls and fantasy adventure games.
    DUDE! I can't get enough of that stuff. I watch Wil Wheaton's Tabletop all the time. Link ASAP!

Haha. Board game and RPG youtube channels are virtually all I watch for TV these days.

Youtube channel will be here. The Dungeon Dive. First video should be up next week.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKW...aEu83g6DdjVfxw

I grabbed an iPhone tripod (had to search to find one that'd fit his version) and that ring-light which might be good for "talking head" stuff.

Thanks again, man, super-helpful of you.

I just picked up that ring-light as well. Haven't gotten it yet.

Finished up my first little video for the Dungeon Dive youtube channel. I'll post the rest as they are made in the board game thread.

- - - - -
    Finished up my first little video for the Dungeon Dive youtube channel. I'll post the rest as they are made in the board game thread.
    This was quite good.

(All I can really add is: THANK GOD you have a good voice and a decent mic. I've watched too many gaming vids with terrible sound.)

Thanks. One thing I know I can do is produce quality audio. It doesn't take a lot either. Which is why I'm always surprised by poor quality audio. That was recorded on an iPhone using a $20 lapel mic.

Good job man!

Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    Speaking of podcasts, I did my first one a few weeks back, which finally got posted. It's part 1 of an interview, in which we discussed the creative process of both writing and filmmaking, before digging a little deeper into the inspirations behind some of the work I've done over the years. And after listening to it myself, I'm happy to report that it didn't turn out even nearly as cringey as I was fearing it would, lol. So for anyone who might be curious, give the first part a listen here, and I can share the rest after it gets posted, too. https://theantiplasticcascade.wordpr...15/episode-11/
    And now part 2 of this podcast interview has finally been posted, where we go a bit more in-depth discussing the films I've worked on thus far. Check it out (and I expect at this point that part 3 should likely be available come this summer. ). https://theantiplasticcascade.wordpr...28/episode-12/

Edit: And I just realized, the interviewer also cut out a part where we discussed one of his films that I was heaping praise on him for, and now I sound a little dickish 'cause he left in a part where I mentioned another one of his films not being his best work. XD
    Last edited by TGM; 01-29-2018 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    And now part 2 of this podcast interview has finally been posted, where we go a bit more in-depth discussing the films I've worked on thus far. Check it out (and I expect at this point that part 3 should likely be available come this summer. ). https://theantiplasticcascade.wordpr...28/episode-12/

Edit: And I just realized, the interviewer also cut out a part where we discussed one of his films that I was heaping praise on him for, and now I sound a little dickish 'cause he left in a part where I mentioned another one of his films not being his best work. XD
    And now, arriving far earlier than expected, here's Part 3. Enjoy! https://theantiplasticcascade.wordpr...11/episode-13/

My buddy and I started a new podcast earlier this month. It's called The Cruise Cruise and it's about Tom Cruise. Like, we're going on a cruise through Cruise's career. Each episode we review a different Cruise movie. We've done two, All the Right Moves and American Made and are having a big time with it. Check it out if that sounds like a cool thing to you. I'd love to hear y'all's thoughts:

iTunes
    Google Play
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    For those who may not know by now, I wrote, financed and directed a short film last year and am in the process of submitting it to festivals. The premise involves a hitman who has to decide what he wants from life after being ordered to assassinate the woman he loves.

It's not having the success I had hoped for on the festival circuit so far, but I'm still hopeful for a handful of genre festivals to turn its luck around in the next year or so. With that in mind, I can't post the film itself to social media yet, but what I have done is edit a trailer for it. By all means, let me know what you think!

Last edited by Ivan Drago; 07-14-2018 at 04:19 AM.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast